2019-04-23 04:30:28

I know this isn't coming out for a few months, but I have a few thoughts on this. Should mention that I'm not trying to bash EA here, just my opinions. I don't know if I'm picking this up unless there's more available. I've paid 59 dollars twice for like a quarter of actual game content. It can obviously be argued that you can use OCR, and while that's fair why should I have to OCR every five seconds to read anything on the screen? Mut is a huge example of this. I can do solo challenges, but when moving players around it's incredibly annoying and takes me forever. Same with franchise, in a different way. Gameplay wise I really only have two complaints. Playbooks and safe passing. I'll get to what I mean by that in a second. Firstly lets talk about playbooks. At the very least playtypes should be read out. I can memorize them fine, but randomly I'll mess up and choose the wrong play. The other option is again, OCRing but that brings down the play clock. You can say that I can turn that off, but I actually love the idea of being able to play online. If playbooks can't be made accessible, something to stop us from casually throwing into double coverage/know the layout of the players on the field (at the very least ours) would be nice. If you can honestly tell me that throwing into double coverage is not noticeable by a sighted player I'll take back my objections, but until that happens they stand. It makes playing online against anyone with skill nearly impossible. Those are my problems, really. If I purchase this, I want to have gotten every cent out of the 60 dollars I spent. Say what you will about fighting games, and they're not my favorite, but you can basically get your moneys worth. Anyone feel differently? The same? Happy to listen and discuss either way. Again, this wasn't meant as a bashing session. Just my thoughts on what I think needs changing and why.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-04-23 05:20:06

I pretty much agree here. With Longshot, which really wasn't all that playable anyway being replaced with a career mode, TTS will be more important than ever.

I'd like to play online as well, but defense is a bitch in any mode, let alone online.

2019-04-23 08:06:00

Agreed completely. If significant steps aren't taken at launch I'll be skipping. That's 60 bucks I regret spending.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-04-23 13:35:31

True about defense, but I at least have way more of a shot compared to offense.

2019-04-27 21:57:58

Hi.
I bought Matten 18, hoping I could learn to play the game. I totally respect the awesome menu guide and other guides which has been written for this game, but it was sadly not enough for me to get used to the game.
Then Matten 19 was announced, I was really hoping for a lot of accessibility improvements. The only thing I noticed was the main menu was narrated, but not any of the sub menus. I got very disappointed, because I knew if I bought the game, I would just end up with the same experience like Matten 18. So I skipped.
EA Games know everything about TTS etc. so they have the choice of implement it into Matten 20 if they want.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-27 23:26:49 (edited by death 2019-04-27 23:29:46)

IMO if you have to lower the cpu settings to play even beyond the norm, it's not accessible. Sorry EA. I personally haven't done it, but I know some who have. I want competition with the madden community in online with hopefully better playing mechanics instead of memorizing play menus and hopefully pressing buttons when it comes to offense/defense. I also want fully accessible mut. That's literally over half the game not available to us, it's not okay with me. If I don't get that I'm saying no thanks to this game.

2019-04-28 02:51:13

I did lower the CPU settings in franchise not due to accessibility, but mainly just to do so. On my PS4 copy of Madden I can do okay against teams that are advancing players.

Still, I'd like to partisipate in a connected franchise at some point. In general, I'm looking forward to Madden Franchise because it seems more narrative this time vs. stats. However, there will be text as far as conversations, dialogues, text blurbs for story news and things going on, etc. So, TTS I feel is a must to fully enjoy it. OCR just won't cut it and probably won't read everything.

2019-04-28 03:02:51

I guess I just want to be able to play with the wider world? The best ways of doing that are through mut and online. I'd really like those to be read. As to franchise I agree, I'd also love to play that. I guess for playing the game I just want a bit more when it comes to passing, aka the ability to know if I'm throwing into coverage or not. I'd like to have at least play types read so I'm not getting lost in menus like I sometimes do. Defense I just want to be able to play better. It feels entirely random to me.

2019-04-28 05:21:07

I feel the same way. I'm glad I only dropped 30$ on it. I'm hoping for more on 2020.

death wrote:

I guess I just want to be able to play with the wider world? The best ways of doing that are through mut and online. I'd really like those to be read. As to franchise I agree, I'd also love to play that. I guess for playing the game I just want a bit more when it comes to passing, aka the ability to know if I'm throwing into coverage or not. I'd like to have at least play types read so I'm not getting lost in menus like I sometimes do. Defense I just want to be able to play better. It feels entirely random to me.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"