2019-04-22 01:25:30

Hello all,

This is a simple yes or no question. I have no plans or desire to write code. However, I'm curious if BGT supports IPv6? I assume not, as I've never found any references to it while looking at the documentation. If no, this is yet another reason to transition away from BGT.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-22 02:19:01

No, it does not. ENet does not support IPv6 either.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-25 12:50:57

isn't ip v4 completely fine? I only once saw an ip v6 address and it looked wiered.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-04-25 13:03:20

And what even is the difference anyway? I've herd that servers hosted with in ip v 6 address generally won't allow connections from routers that only support ip v4, so you're technicly shutting out a lot of people that way. It's like the 32 bit vs 64 bit argument all over again.

2019-04-25 17:46:10

IPV6 and IPV4 is not at all like 32 bit vs 64 bit. If a server supports IPV6, they are also compatible with IPV4. If someone sets up a server that only supports IPV6 he won't be communicating with 90% of the internet. IPV4 will still be around for a long time.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2019-04-27 15:59:39

What is even the advantage of IPV6? I mean, fuck BGT but still

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-04-27 16:15:54

disagree with fuck bgt, but same question.

nuno69 wrote:

What is even the advantage of IPV6? I mean, fuck BGT but still

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-04-27 20:53:06

IPv6 offers a much larger address space than IPv4 does. IPv4 only offers up to 2147483647 addresses in the global address space. The disadvantage to that is that there are more than 2147483647 devices in the world, and so we have to use creative strategies to ensure they can all communicate. IPv6 allows up to 340 undecillion IP addresses, which is more than enough. It also brings with it a completely different syntax.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-27 23:01:19

Ah yeah, I never thought about it in terms of capacity. Good point Ethin

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com