2019-04-21 16:26:35

Hi.
I seen a topic on here saying that Forza7 is playable with assists, but what I want to know is, is it playable for a totally blind person?
Thanks in advance smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-04-21 17:02:31

Hi,

@theblindsaiyan,

Forza motorsport 7 is completely playable for a totally blind user. But when you first startup the game, you will be in several introductory parts of races, and then you have to turn on the assistive driving. For this, hit the menu button on your controller, or the escape button on your keyboard, navigate down twice, and press enter or A or X on a controller. Navigate down once more, and set all the sliders to the complete left. When you have done this, hit the escape button, or the b or circkle button, and hit it a second time. The assistive driving is then turned on.

But to your question, it is completely playable, i am completely blind, and have unlocked all 6 classes, and have collected around 120 of the 700 cars at the moment.

Hth

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-04-22 11:40:12

So what is the driving like compared to other racing games which say they have driving assists?
What makes Forza7 so different as to make it playable for blind players?
Sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to find out as much info as I can before I buy a 50£GBP game smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-04-23 23:35:13 (edited by pelantas 2019-04-23 23:37:48)

Hi there,

No problem, that is understandable. What sets the thing apart for me, is that in the audiogames community, we don't have this kind of racing games. The driving can be just as simple with you braking and accelerating, and let the ai make the turns for you. But when you play around with the game some more. You'll discover that the first mentioned option is nead, but when you want to drive more effective. You have to steer as well, for example, when i am just braking and accelerating, most times, i just will be pushing against the rear bumper of my opponent ahead of me. When you steer as well, you can accelerate past your opponent easier. Also, when the ai makes the turns for you, they're ok, but can be better, that's why i use the audio and the habtic feedback of my controller to get to know on where the turn goes, and assist the ai, this results in making far quicker turns then when the ai does it for me. I did start with relaying on the ai completely, but right now, i use the ai as a basic, and i steer as much as i can. I don't relay on the ai only anymore.

I for example own mariokart 8 deluxe for the switch as well, but i relay more on the driver assists in that game then i do in forza. Cause the audio in forza is far richer then it is in mario kart. I use the audio of my opponents to know on where the track goes, but in forza i use not only the audio, but as said, also the habtic feedback. For me, it is very immersive, and quite addicting. Cause when i relayed on the ai completely, i got the feeling that i was just following the track, but i discovered the steering, and that i in fact had a lot of freedam into deciding on how to steer. My win ratio increased slightly big_smile

My appologeis if this post sounds a bit random, but i hope it will be useful anyway. If you have anymore questions, just ask smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-04-24 02:01:05

Yeah but you still need the simpel steering turned on so that it guides you into the turns, you can still steer though.
What i have turned off is the traction and stability controls, in adition I changed the gear shifting to manual clutsh and shift.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.