2009-03-11 20:55:22

[musica]:all The Small Things:64710:90:0:0:0:0:0:0

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-12 02:30:53 (edited by drg 2009-03-12 02:32:28)

hey all!
the new version of guitar rage was just posted 1 hour ago...
the developer didn't sayd what's new in this one, but he just sayd that there are many
improvements...
*hoping that at least one of my suggestions was implemented there...*
i'm going to download it now, and if there's something usefull for us i'll past the download
link of the new version, k?

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-12 02:54:30

shit, just like how i espected... noting new that helps us in this version.
only visual improvements...
let's wait for the next.....

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-12 20:00:21

where can i find the latest version, as i might be about 2 versions out of date now, and how can i access any new modes that have been added since beta 5 like the solo mode or something?

2009-03-12 20:42:10

hi man.
the new versions don't have anything usefull to us, the solo mode only is the normal mode but
you can't do anything wrong, even a single note otherwise you lose.
so basicaly its the same than doing 100%.
and the crazy mode is totaly unacessible, a music that never changes will come up and single
notes will appear, and you have to play then correctly, but everything they change, so it's
crap for us.
but if you want, i can get the link of the last version that have all these features.
to you see. i'm still using beta 5, bekause for me, the new versions means only more menus to
memorise and noting new.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-13 18:37:46

I have got both versions of the game (beta 5 and the latest version.) The latest version is a bit more responsive, but i can't find the solo mode, i found crazy mode though, and yes, it's not accessible. But I like the new menus. The first item you are on is the mode where you play with the croud (i like to call it quickplay) then you go down and it's practice, then practice with drums, then crazy, then online (i think), or at least an option that doesn't seem to do anything, and exit. Also the menu when youchoose a song has slightly changed. you select a song and then you choose guitar, base or drums, then you choose your difficulty level. this makes more sence. I don't know if it's just me, but once you start playing songs, the keyboard and song sound a bit more responsive than before. It's quite cool.

2009-03-13 20:51:48

hi man.
hmm, i don't noticed that, but i only tested this new version one time..
i'll go test it again
thanks for the info.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-14 15:20:16

the online mode will be cool when that gets developed. i mean, with a screen reader you can read the menus if it's loaded. you have ot use virtual focus (hal, which is what i use) or with jaws use insert + numpad 3 toand go down the menu.

2009-03-15 13:05:46

So you can read the menus in the game?

What you're looking at is subhuman. It's not normal. Focus on yourself.

2009-03-15 19:21:55

yes, sort of. but i don't usually read the menus, in fact i only found out recently that you can. i went through this forum to find the information on the menus then i tried running the game with hal loaded and used virtual focus and it read the menu out, which was quite cool.

2009-03-16 18:16:20

Hey, I've found quite a good song, I like run to the hills by iron maden. It's quite a lot of stuff to do though, and you have to do things fast. IT involves both normal notes and chords and quite a lot of chords, and a solo which i still ca't get the hang of. It's a good song though.

2009-03-16 18:43:24

the ones that i'm trying now are all easy they are
Paramore - That's What You Get
Panic At The Disco - Nine In The Afternoon
i'm only missing one part in that's what you get, probably 2 more times trying and i'll
complete it.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-16 21:33:12

ok, here's my score for that's what you get.
hehehehe. that's what i get for the first time. a shit score.
anyway, here it is :)
[MUSICA]:THAT'S WHAT YOU GET:38250:85:0:0:0:0:0:0

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-17 01:39:47

mmmm one more!!!
one step per day and i'll try to complete all this list of songs! lol.
[MUSICA]:CHOP SUEY!:41360:83:0:0:0:0:0:0

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-21 15:21:16

anyone learnt any new songs for this game yet? i haven't learnt any new ones myself.

2009-03-22 05:20:03

I am confused with the last zip file posted here for songs, are they the songs or are they where to get each individual song.  Also when i try to play the a s  j k keys don't work for the guitar at least from what i ca tell, is there something I need to change in the configuration?

2009-03-22 13:52:56

you have strumming enabled. there are 2 things you can do here:
disable strumming (wen you open the configuration, press tab once then press down arrow to set i to "nao" orsomething like that) or you could change the key for strum, from enter to spacebar, to do that just find where it says enter and press space. then to strum you'd use space instead of enter, i find enter quite hard to use especially when it comes to the j k and l keys. but i have disabled strumming for the moment on my game.

2009-03-22 15:32:48

Wow! That is the first time a game does that.

What you're looking at is subhuman. It's not normal. Focus on yourself.

2009-03-23 14:36:36

hey all,
i learned 2 more songs.
before i forget - slipknot
and
say it aint so - weezer
next ones will be
Infected - Bad Religion
and
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-03-25 21:52:24

news:
a user that loves guitar rage created another version of the game, that he calls it 2.5...
it have the two player mode, so you can call a friend and battle against him using the same
key board, and career mode...
i tried it yesterday, and it really sucks, even the sighted players don't like it...
for example, in this version:
1. you can't configure the keys to your preference
2. many of the sounds are removed, for example, wen you move up and down, no sound is played in
the menu, that's already a pain, menus don't have music, etc, it sucks.
and also the file with the scores that you got in the musics are encripted, so basicaly you
can't open and see then...
i hope that in future versions, the developer adds the battle mode and career again.
ok and i got another song completed, the score is bad, but at least it's another objective
completed.
[MUSICA]:INFECTED:42855:81:0:0:0:0:0:0

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-04-06 19:50:34

Hey,
This topic's been so quiet! anyway, i have a song request that is not in the dlc file (that file's a bit out of date)
could you look for mud on the tires, or tyres, i dunno how it's spelt, it's by brad paisley?
also, i've noticed something. the songs don't come with a base track, the base track's in the song. however, for the main rock band career songs, i have found the songs and base tracks, and have pasted them in, and they now le you play base! it's quite cool. but i can't get anything for dlc or anything though.

2009-04-06 20:24:24

hi man
wow, good see this topic again smile.
well, these songs, i think i may have found a solution to this problem, not sure thoug
there's a site with songs for the game frets on fire, and since there's a program to convert
the notes from frets on fire to this game, i think that it will works, this site there's a
insanely large data of musics stored in it, it's just choose the artist, and then you can see
the songs available to download, so what you are supposed to do is simple download the song,
use the program to convert the song from mid to dat, and then convert the instruments from ogg
to mp3 with a program, then it's just creat a folder and move these files to it, and play in gr
it is not 100% guaranteed that will work, since three or four days ago i downloaded a song from
the site and tried to play it in gr converted, and it failed to load the song...
and the guitar file was just a duplication of the song, bekause maybe the user in question was
not with the real sound of the guitar only. but ofcourse the song in question was not oficial,
it was just a user created song, but with all the difficulties, and maybe this is why these
problems occurred. wen i'll arrive at my house i'll get the site name and past it here so we
can see if we can do something.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-04-06 21:27:12

ok bad idea... the songs are extremely bad converted and don't will work in gr...
crap

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-06-05 08:52:13

Hey guys,

Do those of you that have been playing this game have some vision? I don't understand how you're able to know which keys to press and when. Thanks.

2009-06-05 17:13:48

hey.
woooow what a old topic!
anyway, no, i don't have vision.
to play the game, you must know the song that you are trying to play, or at least go in
practice mode to learn it.
then, it's a question of logic relating to the notes.
if you don't know what you have to press, start pressing random notes that in some minuts
you will get used to the easy songs.
HTH.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com