2019-04-19 10:08:43

I first read about this on Applevis.
Seedship is a text-based space exploration game that requires you to visit planets, assess their likelihood for human habitation, and make decisions based on what the AI and the scanners can tell you.
It is a simple game, but then again, you have to make decisions that affect the lives of the last surviving humans.
It lacks complexity, in that when you do colonize a planet, you don't craft and build specific things.
But it is a fun "pick up and play" and analyzing those different planets really draw you into the game. You can make it as short or lengthy as you want it to be, depending on how many planets you choose to explore before settling one.
It is fully accessible, although a little bit clunky when you're looking for information quickly.
In the opening screens, you have to move your finger around the screen to get to the text, because it says "bullet" if you swipe around. That's the only problem, but it only took me a minute or two to get through those initial screens and into the game.
It is a free game, and I enjoy playing it.

2019-04-19 12:34:47

After you pick a planet, what helce is there to do?

2019-04-19 14:25:10

This one is also on amdroid.

2019-04-19 16:30:11

Wow, there is an Ios version? I ran across the browser version on google a while ago and indeed it has its own db page here.

Nice to know the game is expanding. Does the Ios version come with achievements, records or the like?

@caio at least with the pc version, the point of the game was always to find a new planet, the better planet you found, the better your people would do and the better your score.
its not intended as a slow strategy game, but the decisions are always fun.

The only thing I really regretted, is that there wasn't usually much benefit holding on too long, despite getting survey upgrades and the like since your fortunes were always more likely to worsen.
It might have been cool say if there was some sort of advantage to going a long distance, like perhaps Earth had been destroyed by alien invaders and the further  away you planted your colony, the less likely the invaders were of discovering them.

Now, if only someone would! make that full scale colonisation management game, but in the mean time, Seedship is rather cool.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-19 18:43:24

Yeah I finished it, it is cool and fully accessible on android, despite the bullet thing, which was easy to resolve by puting my finger on the midle of the screen, it got to the text.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!