2019-04-18 18:22:16

Put this on Reddit earlier, thought I'd post it here....

So, I had this happen yesterday and figured it fit here first. So, this happened yesterday. Went to get things from the store. Now. I'm known for my sarcastic comebacks. Went with my housemates, A and B for this story. A's a take no prisoners woman and B's somebody who worked as a merchant mariner, so....again, takes no bull from anyone.

Cast:

Me = Me, of course. Your narrator
EM: Entitled mom
ED: Entitled Dad
EK: enttitled kid
SM: Store Manager

Also before people ask....I didn't step on anyone too hard with my feet, this'll be important later.....
So. Get to the store, and hear this kid whining and crying. Now....my housemates like to walk either side of me, mostly so they can (supposedly) protect me from stupid people. I'm fine with this. the less people walk into my wit, the better. Now. This entitled mom (EM for short) was huffing and puffing behind us. So...she taps me on the shoulder. It went like this.

Me: Hey A, what do you think about getting [a MLP figure. it's a running joke with A that she'll make a show of going to buy them, then puts htem back when nobody's looking)
A: Mmm.....Let me think on it. But it is Rainbow Dash with sparkles. So I want it
B: Oh come on.....yougtto MLP slippers (not totally inaccurate.....and they are very, very warm and comfortable slippers too)
Em: Excuse me, you're blocking the aisle
Me: Oh, sorry, let me move a minute *steps closer to the shelves and takes a MLP box set by sheer happenstance*
EK: Move!
Me: You forgot a word
EK: Move r-word
Me: What did you call me?
EK: I said move, r-word
Me: Oh I'll move
EK: Owww, you f-word, stepped on my foot!

Note: I was wearing construction boots, with steel toes in them. So......one light gentle stepping on later....
EM: What did you do to my son?
Me: I moved. He told me to move and called me a name, so I moved. it's not my fault he's got his foot where I want to move
EM: Give me that stick as punishment *snatches my folded symbol cane*
Me: I'll move if you want *steps on EK's other foot gently*
EK: *screams and lets loose a string of expltives that'd make a bunch of sailors proud...sailors that just got punched in the nads*
Me: I.....didn't know half of those were swears. Whoa.
B: WTF I worked as a merchant mariner and never heard half of those. Also, lady, my friend is blind. Give him back his cane
EM: No!
A: *goes to get the manager*
SM: What's the problem
Me: I'm chilling here, got a nice foot rest
SMEm: he assaulted my son!
Me: No no, see, I'm blind and was told to move. I did. Sadly this kid's feet were in the way, if I didn't step on him I'd have fallen over and hurt myself
A: To be fair that kid was calling you r-word
Me: Oh yeah, that too
EM: You effer, you effing broke my effing kid's toes you motherffer
SM: Ma'am, calm down or I'l have to ask you to leave
Me: What, me?
SM: No sir
Me: A, you were right when you said we should go to the other store. But this bish has my cane....so......
B: Don't worry. I'll be your stand in guide dog. hey, SM, do you guys sell those costume dog ears?
Me: A.....if B does that....get a frigging picture. That ish is going on your FB. You know that right?
A: Oh hell yeah it is
B: I think I just owned myself
EM: You're wearing dog ears because you're a bish, that's all you are
Me: Lady, I got four words for you. Shut. The. Eff. Up.
SM: I got four words. Leave. The. Store. Now.

EM at this point goes to smack me with my cane. Spoiler: I took aikedo lessons. What happened next was, and this was from the store manger's retelling of it when I was being given a cup of tea in the back of the store:

EM went to hit me with my cane. I shoved her in the collarbone, my other hand gripped my cane and pulled it away. EM grabed it back and smacked me in the face with it. I grabbed her wrist and wouldn't let go. She was threatening to call the cops for assault by shoving her collarbone and throat. So she shoves me back. Grab her other wrist and put it in a wrist lock. She screams I'm hurting her and am going to do unspeakable things. B at this time kicks her legs out from under her and A takes her wrists and restrains her. I got led to the back and sat down by the staff and asked if I needed anything to calm down. Five or so minutes (probably more) later, cops show up and take EM away. Manager brings them into the back where the security stuff is, and EK. I shiz you guys not, goes for me. I got a cup of (now thankfully cold) tea. EK grabs it and throws a half full cup of cold tea over me, and hits my nose with the cup. Cop #1 grabs him, and #2 goes to see the security footage. I get a ride home with A and B, and one hell of a story to put on Reddit. Oh, the bruise on my nose is fine. I'm more mad about the waste of a cup of tea that could be reheated

Nope. I'm not revealing the store's name for anonymity. It has a rather godawful mobile network and it has five letters in its name however.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2019-04-18 18:29:09

hahahhhahahahhaaahahaha, the bitch deserved it!
I'm a little confusd, ed never came in to the story?
Why is he in the cast?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-18 18:34:03

Lol nice one, I had something similar happenning in a train, but I do not have time to write it right now.
Now trying to figure the name of the store out, I know it for sure, but I can not get it from the tip of my tongue.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-18 18:41:33 (edited by Mitch 2019-04-18 18:52:16)

I'm assuming it starts with an M. Also, w..j wow... way to be scarcastc... that was an interesting turn for that story to go...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-18 18:42:31

@4, scarcastic?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-18 18:47:14

@op, can you provide a link to said reddit that this was posted on?
I wanta see those replies!

----------

2019-04-18 18:52:30

Id on't know of a store with 5 letters.

2019-04-18 18:56:03

I thought he was in it so I included him. Also, moral of the story. Don't screw with somebody who knows aikedo and wears steel toe boots.

To be fair, the kid did tel me to move. Just....not where. I happened to find his feet when he told me to move

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-18 18:57:21

@Redfox:

/r/blind is where I posted it. I was gonna post it in /r/entitledparents but thought it fit there better first

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-18 19:00:06

I don't use reddit, what do I do with /r/blind?

----------

2019-04-18 19:11:23 (edited by JaceK 2019-04-18 19:11:51)

@Redfox: You go to reddit.com/r/blind and look for the 'so this happened in the store' one. That's where I posted it first. I didn't check to see if there's any replies yet.

Also, update that happened between posting this and this reply...also whoa, i wasn't expecting replies here yikes!

Got a hammering on the door. Entitled Dad shows up yelling about wanting money for his son's shoes or something. I told him what went down, he said, quote, 'Disabled people need to stay at home'

My response was something like this to him.....

Well I'm glad you feel that way but you should lead by example,example. I'm sure alack of a brain is a disability *slams door*

Then for good measure, the ED calls my phone. I let it go to voicemail......so I get a rant about how I'm <insert string of insults here>, my reply is short, to the point:

I may be blind, but even I can see how stupid you are. How a great night mister.

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-18 19:14:51 (edited by Zarvox 2019-04-18 19:15:29)

Damn. THat last one. Question, how the hell did he find your number? Doesn't make sense

2019-04-18 19:18:03 (edited by JaceK 2019-04-18 19:20:31)

@Zarvox: Annoyingly my number's out there in the wild. Given he heard my full name and waited a day....my guess was he looked up my name and found my number and decided to go off on me. Didn't work so well for him in the end though did it?

EDIT: To clarify. He called my house phone which is listed on business cards and at trade shows. it's not that hard to find if you know the company my family work for, the number the ED called is quite literally listed as contact info.

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-18 19:22:41

Isn't that still against the law though? Even if it is out there, didn't he use your number illegally or something? I'm sure you just want to put it all behind you, but if you did want to go further that may be of some help

2019-04-18 19:23:53

@Zarvox: Check my edit to #13, that's how he found my home number

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-18 19:32:06 (edited by Zarvox 2019-04-18 19:33:25)

I saw that. But he didn't call your home number for business. He abused the privilege.  of ahving availability of your services. And if he did look it up online, that wouldn't serve in his favor. But I doubt you could use any of this if you wanted to, because he didn't do anything wrong according to the police. But sometimes it is better to give yourself a laugh like you did instead of take it as a threat and go further.

2019-04-18 20:39:52

So apparently I made the mistake of sharing this with somebody. I'm getting told I did the right thing.

Also, the store is British, five lettters, has a lot of stuff it sells besides food and stuff......and has a reputation for awful phone and internet. If you're in the UK you'll probably know it.

@16: Honestly it's not worth going after the guy for really, it's not like he's the only one doing that. If I went after everyone who did that I'd start with the call centers and eventually get down to the little guys really

Also. Karma really, really hates that family. So. EM turned up earlier in a brand new BMW....on a cul de sac. She banged on the door. I didn't answer. She banged on the door some more. Everyone came out to see what's going on. She told everyone I'm a horrible person and I assaulted her. Bear in mind everyone in my little area knows me as a quiet non-confrontational sort....so she got in a huge huff and left in a cloud of tire smoke and fishtailed into the phone pole at the top of the road. BMW? Totaled. Phone pole? Not caring. So naturally the police get called, tow truck gets called. Cops (same ones by the way) who dealt with EM yesterday.....warn her to go home and cool off. Flash forward 20 minutes. Tow truck shows up at the top of the cul de sac, but bumps the BMW while getting ready to hook it up. BMW slooooooooowly rolls down and smacks into the light pole at the bottom of the road. Everyone who was watching was cracking up laughing. Oh but the karma doesn't end there, no....

Entitled Dad shows up again, comes speding around the corner in a shiny new car, sees the tow truck. Honks his horn to get the truck to move. Truck's backing down the cul de sac to get the BMW finally. So the ED guns it around the corner....and......smashes into the *same* phone pole. This time the pole has had it and graciously waited on him to get outta the car before collapsing onto the roof and caving it in. The ED was furious we were all watching. Put it this way....he threatened to fight two cops, the tow truck guy, and the whole area. Suffice to say......more police turned up. As of writing this.....three cars, a fair few cops milling about and a tow truck, and the utilities truck figuring out what to do with the phone pole.

And if you're wondering how I got internet.....it runs off a different line. Isn't fiber optic wonderful? =3

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-18 20:52:53

This seems way too coincidental...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-18 20:53:59

God damn. That’s just... do they not know when to stop and let go?

2019-04-18 20:58:24

was it fucking Aldie, I bet it was lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-18 21:00:40

I like Aldi.wh.at least the store.
The small information I gleaned from the stupid Daily Express clickbait give me two options: Tesco, and Argos.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-18 21:02:15

Ah, karma's such a bitch... but oh so amusing if you're not the one being an asshole.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-04-18 21:36:57

in my case i'd do wors to the both of these people, god damn,
    i'venever saw such a story like this

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-04-18 22:03:33

Yeah lol, their carma is just, amusing.
And yeah, I was thinking of Tesco or Metro, but I never knew that Tesco has a mobile network.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-18 22:23:10

There is nothing wrong with Aldi though...they got good stuff, I'm telling ya

Also, yep, it was Tesco =3 Their mobile network is.....questionable at best...and karma's amazing when somebody else is getting owned by it.

@23: Reddit has subreddits dedicated to these sorts of stories amusingly

Also on Linux natively