2019-04-22 21:08:45

ooo awesome.  I will be online for this game definitely.  my xbox is very happy to be used again.  smile
Slightly off-topic, do any of you have headset recommendations?  I kinda need one.

2019-04-22 21:09:36

There wasn't anything I particularly wanted to know. But in a eview for a fighting game from someone who is experienced, I was simply hoping for a bit more in the way of gameplay impressions rather than just an extended review of modes. And yes, I'm going to hold out for patches for improvements... which is why I will wait til MK is cheaper to actually get it.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-04-22 21:15:01

I know this is off topic Assault, but I did the same with Street Fighter V, and in fact got the arcade edition half price.  I'm now definitely a fan of street fighter so I call that a win. smile

2019-04-22 21:16:57

@99
Elements of the tutorial text do read, but the audio cues aren't distinct enough to figure out combo strings, which are required to pass specific sections.  I sat there for 15 minutes or so just now trying to progress through two differing sections and, just because I can't read the inputs via OCR and the lack of definition in audio cues, I couldn't get past either.

Apparently, take this with a grain of salt though, there's an unlockable announcer once you complete the tutorial in its entirety.  If true, it would be great to unlock this without needing sighted assistance.  I have a few people who would be willing to assist with writing a tutorial guide most likely so if that happens I'll put it somewhere.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-04-22 21:21:54

that would be awesome if you could. 
I had a similar frustration when playing MK9 in preparation last night.  Thought I'd play tutorial for the achievement, all went well until the throw escape;  Spent probably close to 20 minutes trying to block it, kept throwing him instead, or the timing was off.  Then what do I find?  Square or X on their own tech them, not the throw button in that game.  I'm not sure if I was more annoyed or relieved. tongue

2019-04-22 21:54:06

I stopped at post 68, because I felt the need to answer...
First, remember, and the reviewer should sort of too, it's the game PRE launch. Let's all assume discs were made what, at least a month ago, to give time enough to get them everywhere? In one month time, they really could do a lot in terms of balanceing things, so let's start ranting from the moment we get the day 1 patch? Trying to locate the mkX vid where they described what it looked like pre day1 patch.
watch this to see how the mkx game grew
Again, some of the criticism might be correct, but it's also wurth noting that it's only from a few people who got their games early, either from neatherelm themselves, or by other means, but it still means they have a version that is probs several weeks old.
Having ordered an on disc copy myself, I truely don't care you digital folks get it first. I'll get my copy whenever the time arrives...
Actually, come to think of it, retrying fights over and over, sounds fun. I remember the first time playing the mk9 storry we spent 6 hours on end to beat shoo cahn... Boy..... big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2019-04-22 22:08:15

@sightless a tutorial guide would be fantastic for when I do eventually get this!

2019-04-22 22:13:01

I am still wondering when we in Germany will be able to play the game, everyone says something different.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-04-22 22:19:46

at simba, since you're near my timezone, i'm guessing around 6 or maybe 7 on consoles... if it's a digital thingy, on disc, depends on the postal / store.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-04-22 22:22:06

i'm watching  kombat cast and there's a funny thing frost can throw her head to freeze people loool

2019-04-22 23:00:08

in the kombat kast they mentioned that they are going to balance the towers of time
So for those who care, they are going to fix the bosses having retarded advantages most likely.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-04-22 23:34:01

Well, at least they're listening to feedback. I honestly wouldn't care about the towers so much if they didn't as far as we know lock brutalities until you actually get them like in MKX. If it's just patched to not be completely overwhelming for casual players in order to push them toward buying time crystals and/or skip fight tokens, I'll be satisfied.
@criticview
The thing is though, is that by the time all these complaints came in, they'd already gotten a patch. It wasn't just what came on the discs. And all of the tower stuff that's being talked about is literally all serverside, from what I'm reading they even said on the cast that there are changes going to be made to improve the situation that won't even require any downloaded patches. But like I said above... if it can actually become a mode that's legitimately challenging while actually being possible to beat, I'll have no complaints whatsoever and might actually think about playing.
I do have to wonder though how this whole thing even got through the cracks to where they actually had to start addressing it before the game even officially launched...

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-04-22 23:42:21

Well, I'm guessing, people who got a copy pre release might be pros, but as well as regular players. So, if they planned this sort of well, they might get feedback from both tears and adjust where needed. As for towers of time, if that's all server side, at least the fighting / advantage and so on, but i'm guessing the assists and the likes would be game part. Also, they might have gotten a patch because the disc game wasn't up for the challenge yet, or was found inbalanced or what not... who knows...
And yup, they're gonna send out a patch, as was to be expected, so we'll see where that goes. Anyone knows, if obtaining the code in the app is something managable?

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-04-23 00:01:28

@102/107
I was only providing the modes information since that's what the majority would likely want/need to know here.

As for that guide, though it might take a while, I'll see what I can get done with assistance from various individuals.

Discounting accessibility issues, gameplay feels solid (though the audio mix could be improved to allow better audibility of footsteps), I'd say they should just add an ambience slider in for all the background cues that are present.  The game certainly rewards patient strategy, though it does vary based on the strats the opponent's working with.
see this ranked set for an example

Again, down 2's feel rather stubby in this game unless your opponent is right at the centre of your animation, though that could just be me not being used to the gameplay.  I'll be playing a set or two tomorrow I don't doubt, including an exhibition match or several so I don't doubt I'll learn some more as well.

If you have any other gameplay questions though, I'll answer what I can.
@113
Unfortunately not at all given the app is mobile and currently at least has no accessible navigation methods, not counting the fact that to even get to the menu you have to get through the tutorial as well.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-04-23 00:56:05

Hey. Tonight I'll be covering Mk11 as well. Tune in tonight at 8:50 pm pdt here is the youtube link: youtube.com/marrie125

I'm really looking forward to this.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2019-04-23 01:00:10

I'm really looking forward to the  challenges. By the way you can hit lb twice to get to the audio menu. Then the rstrest  of the instructions  should be the same.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2019-04-23 01:02:09

By the way, if anyone  wants to add me on xbox feel free to search for ke7zum I'm not on all the time but feel free to chat at me never the less.

Blessings all and can't wait until tonight.

2019-04-23 01:39:41

Good set sightless! But two things...

1. Why the hell does Liu-Kang sound like a cross between a demented child and a crow? That voice... ugh!
2. The announcer, as in the last two games, sounds super sleepy and uninterested... I miss the MK 2 / 3 announcer. Hasn't been one to rival him since... except maybe Shaolin Monks.

And I guess 3... the dialog is still as bad as the last game. At least in the fights, Hope story mode is a little better...

2019-04-23 01:45:09

Oh, you will like story mode. I've already  heard some early game play. I love story mode although the end in 10 sucks. You will see why though for those that beat 10.

2019-04-23 01:48:28 (edited by assault_freak 2019-04-23 01:49:04)

I meant the dialog and writing. smile 10 was so full of hollywood cliches and predictable lines I cringed at least once every chapter. It was entertaining enough to playthrough once... but I wouldn't sit through that a second time. lol Street Fighter V's story mode is pretty awful too, though. At least it doesn't have as many cliched lines...

2019-04-23 02:15:34 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-04-23 02:18:18)

I wonder if they kept the thing from MKX where if you play as revenant Liu Kang, he has like an entirely different voice bank during fights. Was a nice touch, I think. Hope they brought it back. I don't mind the new guy, not sure who it is, but I think I like Tom Choi's Kang a little more, at least for actual fights. Will have to wait to see dialogue though.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-04-23 07:00:09

+Game now available!

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2019-04-23 07:31:37

all fatalities can be found here. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/25 … 1/77660617

2019-04-23 09:38:42

so console players, are the kostumize menus accessible too?

2019-04-23 09:54:08

One of the things that I notice is that the voice does not read all of the menus. Do anyone know how I can contact the developers?
I would like to give them some feedback. By the way what do pause delay do? And what is record match?