2019-04-09 22:36:12

Hi,

So I've been playing around with programs on windows and mac to allow ChromeCast/AirPlay to work on my windows or mac machine. The point? Allow me to wirelessly send audio from my iPad or iPhone to my pc without routing VoiceOver. The result? AirServer.

One License costs $19.99. The license is for either windows or mac, you have to buy licenses separately. However, each license is activateable on unlimited windows and mac devices, and they have a bundle which gives you a $4 discount, $35. It has screen mirroring, with audio output selection. Works like a charm so far, no issues! Definitely check it out if you need something like this as I did.

My usage

I've got AirServer broadcasting to a Bluetooth speaker. The advantage of this is that I can have multiple things send to this speaker without reconnecting it individually to each device, and as I said before, VoiceOver will not come through the bt speaker itself, but through the iPhone's speaker.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2019-04-10 00:45:58

I have Reflector III, same deal, think it was like $17.99, works fine. Latency is usually low, however, it can be higher at some points, in which case, just stop mirroring and restart and it should clear up. There was a free one, which works, but had higher latency than Reflector.

Ironcross is here to expose the fakes and phonies,
Suss out the wheat from the chaff, the cheddar from the bologna,
I'm a superhero, y'all fools needa know this,
So if you on the other side of right, prepare for a fight no one will ever miss.

Thumbs up

2019-04-10 16:40:53

Only problem I'm having so far is it likes to disconnect sometimes.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2019-04-10 16:44:08

Reflector doesn't randomly disconnect while active for me, but it will drop out if I lock the phone for too long. I think that's the phone cutting out the connection to save battery more than it is the reflector server dropping the phone though.

So if you on the other side of right, prepare for a fight no one will ever miss.

Thumbs up

2019-04-10 17:15:42 (edited by Chris 2019-04-10 17:41:40)

I just tried Reflector, and it's really awesome! It's cheaper than AirServer. I was able to simultaneously stream audio from both my iPhone 6s and my Google Pixel. The only problem with Reflector is the lack of labels on all the buttons. I'll report this to the developers.

Does anyone know if it's possible to separate TalkBack from the rest of the Android audio? I can do this with the audio destination rotor in iOS, but TalkBack is sent along with the rest of system audio in Android.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-04-10 17:45:08

not sure as I've only used with iOS, in which case I generally desire for the voice over audio to be sent, btut the option is indeed in
the rotor to break the pipe.

Thumbs up

2019-04-12 19:04:39

I've used reflector and It's awesome! the only problem Is that I can't choose an other soundcard for audio, thus I'm forced to use my default sound card for everything.

:)

Thumbs up

2019-04-12 20:24:47

I'm pretty sure you can actually, it's in the options, I remember seeing output devices? I'm like 80% sure, maybe I'm just... well yeah idk.

Thumbs up