2019-04-28 00:42:54

So, if they are not ready, might I ask what is the point of posting about them and not just waiting until you are ready? It's not like the topic asks if we like the idea, you clearly already developed a good part of it, so why not in the future wait before a release is ready? You are not some huge developer just yet to post topics about future projects hiping people up. People who already have built trust in the community can do that, and even they rarely do it simply because you never know what can happen to a project in the future.

2019-04-28 00:54:57

because it makes sense to me. Posting announcements about future releases.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-04-28 19:01:15

mmm 26 i agreed. I have many topics seen like this let's say tlw topic lol: developer brought us his game, then he said gonna release 0.2, waiting months, and end of the year, finally said project discontinued. So if you don't know what will happen in the future, i don't recomend to post it. But you know well than me.

Yours kindly

2019-04-28 20:56:02

Only mainstream game developers get away with posting beforehand what games their going to release. And they only get away with that because they're, well, mainstream devs with millions of devs and a lo of trust in the mainstream community. (Or at least most of them have a lot of trust in the mainstream community...)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-28 23:18:10

We have trusted developers here too, but as a beginner you just can't know if you will deliver something or no. However, some people apparently don't really want to listen, so keep on failing and thinking everybody hates you when you in fact don't want to change any of the things you are currently doing. Feedback is a huge part of your development experience, so don't disregard it.

2019-05-03 09:00:17 (edited by dash 2019-05-03 09:03:07)

Hi.
Why you have problem to this proiect?
If he want create it to learn programming languages why not? It can be good practice to get to know the new commands and test the skills.
Say what you want, but I will test it after release.
But please, not in BGT. big_smile

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2019-05-03 11:38:33

@Dash, because from the description it's totally useless. If he would create say... a vector calculator with rich documentation and say... full DIrect X wrapper for Python, or other language then that would be cool

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-03 20:25:14

@31, there is a huge difference between writing something to learn a programming languagg and keeping it private and writing something to learn a programming language and releasing it to the public. If your going to release that something to the public, you should probably go for uniqueness and quality over ease of acquisition and knowledge learning. Even better, strike a balance between the two: the library, or tool, or whatever, is both high quality and hopefully unique, but still hard enough that it presents a unique challenge that you want to try to overcome. This project is not a challenge; its trivially easy to do all of these in any modern programming language bar brainfuck and assembly and a few others from the 60s like algol68 and Algol W, none of which are used any more. Assembly is but only in the most specific of scenarios. Brainfuck is not used and is more of an esoteric programming language. Algol68 and Algol W haven't been used in some time.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-03 20:31:19 (edited by amerikranian 2019-05-03 20:34:16)

I'll add on a bit to what post 32 said.
I'll use python as an example.
Copying to clipboard: Yeah, no. Searching for copying stuff to clipboard with python brought me the result that says to do the following:

pip install clipboard

Then, after installing the module, you'd type in something like this.

import clipboard
clipboard.copy("This is a test!")
print(clipboard.paste())

Way easier than what Simter is suggesting, which is to have a specific tool for copying to clipboard open in your command line.
Copying files... on the surface sounds extremely good. You might not want to deal with all the network Jazz, thing is, it's Simter. Simter has expressed time and time again how he dislikes other languages than his beloved BGT. Nothing wrong with that, but it means that he will be releasing his toolkit in BGT, which essentially limits him to that language. I say essentially because I don't know if BGT can somehow compile DLLs. Finally, whatever Simter creates will probably be outclassed by the libraries that were written by somebody in the language of your choice, be it Python, C, Java, or something else.
Speaking to a screen reader, well... we run into the same issue. It's Simter, he loves BGT, and as a result will be releasing the BGT version of his toolkit. Thing is, how will he create different language wrappers?
Simter also says that he has much more in plan for his toolkit. Very unspecific, not to mention us running into the issue of loving BGT once again.
I'm not saying that BGT can't compile DLLs, I'm not saying that Simter's product is bad, all I'm saying is that it will probably be limited to BGT and BGT only.

2019-05-03 23:31:09

BGT cannot compile DLLs because BGT is trash
That thing will be ultra, extra, hyper super unresponsive, as it will need to instantiate each time the action need to be taken
Should I give more reasons or I can stop here?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-05-03 23:38:47

Na. It actually works pritty fast, faster then i expected actually. I wrote a test aplication in autoit 3, this will come with the toolkit, and this responds like in the same key press.

2019-05-03 23:40:28

and also @gamer: tlw was a really bad example. Who wonders? I would also discontinue my stuff if i just get called kloner because of it, and if my own beta testers start leaking my stuff to other devs.

2019-05-04 00:06:46 (edited by Ethin 2019-05-04 00:08:16)

For the file system thing, I know of a library called cppfs. Last time I checked I don't think it could be used for copying files and all that jaz, but it could open files even over SSH and it provided an abstract interface to do it. Made things real nice and slick.
So, simter, a few questions.
1. What will your library have in the future? What are your plans for it going forward? What could we expect in the future? What quality will the documentation be at?
2. What advantage will I have if I use your library over one that has been developed by professionals and/or masters in the field of computer programming or in a particular programming language? Will it be smoother? Will it provide a simple interface that somehow abstracts the already abstracted C++ std::filessystem interface that makes general filesystem operations on local disks trivially simple?
3. What disadvantages are there to using your library over another? (I'll let you answer this question, even though others have already written some.)
If you can answer these three questions successfully and honestly, and implement features that are practical and useful, you'll be on a good start.

My Github

2019-05-04 00:21:20

The library is really responsive. Also, do you know a python lib that is able to use sapi or nvda? i don't, i only saw people writing their own ones over and over again. But why this hassle? The command line propertys are quite easy to learn, the error messages are all explanatory also to users. A disadvantage is that it is in fact no dll, but when you think more about it, it's not really one anymore, because of the really fast responding. Also, it has no ftp and map system.

2019-05-04 00:33:58

@39, your not answering the questions. That makes me doubt you. For every post you don't answer those three questions, I only doubt you more. There is Tolk, if you'd ever cared to research, and I have a little TTS python wrapper that interfaces with Tolk, Apple TTS, and Speech Dispatcher, all in one file and all less than a hundred lines of code.

My Github

2019-05-04 02:54:23

lol i answered your question, and under your username stands blast bay tool user loooooooooooooooooooooooool.

2019-05-04 03:18:50

that's a rank that he has no control over which the site updates using the number of posts you've made as a metric. Before you go loooooooooooolling like a child, why not actually get to know the site a bit better and learn what you're talking about.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-04 03:22:48

i know how this works, it's just funny when he is cretesicing bgt and now has this ranc

2019-05-04 03:33:38 (edited by Ethin 2019-05-04 03:34:44)

@43, again, I have no control over it. If I did, I wouldn't have that as my rank, I assure you. Please, that has to be the most immature trollish attempt I've ever seen in my life. And no, you didn't answer my question. At all. There were three questions, by the way... I do hope you know how to count and how to do extremely basic arithmetic. Though if your going to make a toolkit that (is probably) made for games, you might want to learn geometry as well...

My Github

2019-05-04 03:33:49

You're easily entertained then.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-04 11:27:34

lol

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-05-04 13:39:41

Heh, Ethin I love reading your posts. They're avesome!

2019-05-04 14:30:19

Lol ethin, i saw more bad throls then that, nice try but no, you know what i wanted to say.

2019-05-04 16:41:58

Oh Simter, from your posts I see that you have more important things to learn as programming.