2019-04-06 01:45:07 (edited by burak 2021-06-16 10:44:23)

Hello,
I have updated some of my cars to make them sound better. In short when you release the throttle their engines sound as close as possible as if you released the throttle, as good as I can make them in top speed 3. I have also changed their starting sounds to sound kind of more realistic, and for them to fit the lower idle frequency I assigned to them. The cars updated are Bmw Gtr3, Honda C12, Honda C13 and Mazda Rx7.
Here is how they sound like:
http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=lk71VcdADsfIr6v
And here is the download link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkMhHe64ysbhgWtBWem … e?e=1QKUyG
I would be happy if the copy at agarchive.net would be updated as well.
I hope you like them.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-04-06 01:57:47

nice!. thank you for the new update!

2019-04-06 02:24:59

I have submitted the update to your cars to the Audiogames Archive, they should be live shortly.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-04-06 02:55:15

Hello
Thank you #2 and #3

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-04-06 04:01:49

Nice work man! They sound great!

2019-04-06 10:50:18

great! nice work!

Yours kindly

2019-04-07 08:12:17

Okay having examined the mod closer after downloading, I think the only ones I truly like are the BMW and the two Handa's, which are really good!
The Mock 1 car isn't bad either.

RX7 has a cool startup sound but the engine is clearly just that fridge ambient from Redspot and it has some clicking sounds in the background, just weird...
Plane has a low quality jet engine but a propeller startup... And no other interesting horn sounds or crashes sadly...
Blade protector is just, IMHO a stupid idea for a car, not sure where it came from LOL and it has barely any sounds.
And the Farari I mean, it has a crappy mouth made screech, and a motorcycle sound for an engine, oddly.

If you want to improve these, check out the stickied post in the dev room. It's not very well organized for sure, but just go with the sites like zapsplat, soundgator,a nd freeSFX, they'll have generally better quality than stuff like OpenGameArt or freesound.

2019-04-07 11:16:53

Well, top speed 3 sounds are hard to make because of the lack of diversity you can use. You have to pick engine sounds that sound OK at your car's idle and OK at top frequency, which is going to mean that you compromise on quality but yeah I heard those loops and stuff in that one and that just ain't good. I wish you could have used more than just one engine sample, like idle, low on low off mid on mid off high on high off and so forth. Then blend it together. I guess that was a bit too much for 2006 though.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-07 14:49:45 (edited by burak 2019-04-07 14:50:53)

Hello,
Those cars you mentioned as bad were very old cars I have made like in 2012. I didn't have much of an idea back then but the idea of making other cars still interested me. I wanted to keep them as memories. Thanks for your suggestions.