2019-04-04 21:31:05

Hi all,
I am looking for feedback here, in this particular topic.
Below, I've pasted a link to a topic that is closed, but hopefully should let staff post. In this topic, eventually there will be a list of users and how many warnings they have, and also if anyone is banned and the reasons for such actions. The topic is located in site and forum feedback as well. We would like your feedback as a community on this system, could it be improved? At the moment, no one is listed in the topic, so you may have to wait a while. It's more about allowing for accountability, and some forum systems actually show people's warning level on their profiles, so while this is more simple than that and more manual as well, I hope it provides the same function. Of course, please let us know if you think a different name may be required for the topic as well. This new topic can be found below.
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2837 … nishments/

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-04 23:44:46

I think this is a good idea.

Thumbs up

2019-04-05 00:03:04

Perhaps you should sticky the topic?

Who threw the big green talking wheel? It's been demanding that I find whoever injured it for the past several hours.

Thumbs up

2019-04-05 01:51:21

I like the idea. Although posts should be deleted when the warnings do not stand anymore, cause of the warn fading stuff.

yo! so I'm working on programing, it's really hard. But I'll tell you where you can contact me if your stupid enough to do so.
Contact information:email: [email protected]
I'm usually found on online games, chatting, and being warned bye admins for talking to much, f**k you admin!

2019-04-05 01:56:16

I like it.

I do not know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.

Thumbs up

2019-04-05 02:36:23

I disagree about posts being deleted when warnings, bans, etc. expire. Imho if we're going to create and keep this kind of record, it needs to note warnings and bans even after they've expired. We need to know our history.

The only possible exception to this, imho again, would be when a user clearly has no regard for the forum rules, to the point that they've been permanently banned. In this case, it hardly matters what their first warning was about because they're gone and not coming back.

Thumbs up

2019-04-05 04:25:17

agreed @6

Pain is life and life is pain.

Thumbs up

2019-04-05 13:57:07

What I'll do is if a warning expires the person will be removed from the list at the top.

Thumbs up

2019-04-05 22:40:08

Either that or, you could put something next to the moderation warning like *expired or some such.  It's easy enough to go back and edit a post if necessary, and this way we keep them for historical purposes.

I do not know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.

Thumbs up