2019-04-04 20:09:28 (edited by Ethin 2019-04-04 20:10:03)

Agreed with 15 here. This piracy protection is incredibly flawed -- he has no idea whether its ben pirated or whether the person just has a lot of computers. And if you didn't crack it, then that clearly indicates his system is flawed. Of course he's not going to fix it, which shows how shitty he is. And making you pay for another is so damn greedy its not even funny.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-04 23:02:58 (edited by omer 2019-04-04 23:04:34)

uh 24, what is your apinion about this, making someone buy a game, that hasnt reseaved any updates since 2017, or maybe evin 2016, for 40 dollars, preventing from beeing played again, no support, and he basicly says, hey go fuckin buy a new coppy, i dont care at all,
no offence here, i'M just wondering about your persfective  to this situation here

2019-04-05 00:20:09

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on here.

Aaron has on occasion replaced keys. I know this because he's done it for me. Now admittedly I haven't asked him for keys recently, but he did so in the past at least once, and maybe twice, when I asked.

So this is not a dev who never, ever replaces keys.

That said, there needs to be a note somewhere on how exactly this works. i.e., how many reinstalls is a key good for?

If this is legit, then being told you pirated the game because you reinstalled it one too many times is...well, it's a bit of a bad choice. Why not just say "You have exceeded the maximum number of installs", vs. "You have now pirated the game"? That's the issue here.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-04-05 02:13:22

@27 probably a misunderstanding, but I disagree just about being the game itself bad for it's really great. Otherwise this whole situation is totally off my opinion.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2019-04-05 03:55:48 (edited by Chris 2019-04-05 04:02:18)

Yeah, don't cry piracy if your key has been used too many times. I mean it's possible, but what if I want to register the game on a couple computers and have to register it again every time I do a clean install of Windows?

What irritates me is Aaron's lack of customer service and the desire to actually you know, listen to what people are saying and fix things? The fact that Manamon doesn't have a central server for online play is ridiculous! If it was a free product I might understand, but Aaron is selling this and just tells his customers "Oh, forward UDP ports 15000 and 15001. Sorry, I won't help you beyond that." That is extremely unprofessional and leaves those with less technical knowledge in the cold!

I'd argue the best part about Manamon is online play, yet it's the feature with the least attention. Why can't we have more than two participants? Why can't we review chat and game messages?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-05 07:20:30

It's mean you're using a crack Manamon. I have the legal copy of it, and it never block me from accessing the server.

2019-04-05 07:26:20 (edited by Chris 2019-04-05 07:26:37)

Wait, does it check with a server when selecting online trading or battling? If so, why the hell is he using peer to peer connections? Ugh!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-05 07:33:38

29, i, didnt know taht, so i take the key replacemint  thing back, but not support anyway
30, sorry i get you rong then, yeah the game is good aside some wierd logic and balancing problems

2019-04-05 07:47:25

Well, if the developer doesn't respond and if he is not willing to fix the issue, then there is not much to do.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen