2019-04-01 22:51:45

If anything, this April Fools joke got me to actually try the original. Haha.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-04-01 23:23:53

Juliantheaudiogamer wrote:

I think you didn't quite get the purpose of April fools day, Liam.
An April fools joke is supposed to be something that the Receiver(s) don't want to happen and, when they realise it is a joke, are glad didn't happen.
That, however, is not an April fool's joke, this is just cruel to the People who were hyped for the game and were fans (I guess) of L-Works.
That being said, don't expect me in your next stream.

damn. this post speaks to me. it says where is the popcorn

2019-04-01 23:38:28 (edited by jack 2019-04-01 23:39:06)

The popcorn's gone. I think Liam ate it all while watching the big event unfold. Could you blame him after all that hard work? Lol!

2019-04-01 23:49:23

Well, hey, it's a game book after all. It's worth something and hell yeah, kind of funny now isn't. Now, oh wait. Now that this shit is built with java, I'm gunna go steel the source. Lol. Or, part of it? Unless you put all of that shit in .jar files. Hahahahaha. Just kidding. I'm not actually gunna do that, don't ya know. Java script has security holes it's not even funny. Hints, why I don't use a lot of java in my web development unless I really have to. It's a bitch to program but there you go. Lol. But on with my comment, nice game book.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-04-02 00:53:08

it doesn't have sound

2019-04-02 01:22:31 (edited by jack 2019-04-02 01:22:47)

Fix your soundcard, or...maybe, not.

2019-04-02 01:35:04

@bopitmaster34:
If you download a dreamcast microphone it may fix your problem. You can also download an external soundcard from a torenting website. Either option will come with an autoinstaller.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-04-02 03:35:54

Well, OK, I have got to admit. I was super disappointed at first. But then I played the gamebook for a bit and found myself mildly amused. Nice work.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-02 03:48:32

Curse you Inigo Montoya!! Hahahahahaha.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-04-02 05:16:08

Watch it Bopitmaster, the ghost of his space bar may come after you for that one! Also, I posted this on Twitter a while back, so here it is for the laughs:
Wait just a minute:

TheDwarfer wrote:

Will you not buy Scramble or play Oh Shit now because I'm not trustworthy either?

Did you just say buy scramble? WTF u wil giv me game fur free -paypal not supported in my country - u will allow me beta test this game and...April fools! Gotcha!
Although, who's fooling who? Is Scramble really going to be paid? Or, are we, as a matter of fact, not going to see Scramble at all, but the greatest game within a game of all time, Clamber? Sunny-side-under is a *scramble* alright, once those eggs fall to the ground. Lol!

2019-04-02 09:09:14

@82 I didn't know a lot of people knew about the Dreamcast mic thing. I actually saw the IRC logs from it, and it was hilarious.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-02 10:24:43

Hi,
yep, I definitly fell for this one. I finally laughed, reading the different reactions, but I must admit I was hoping for something to distract me from my master's thesis... But, with Liam making April's fool jokes, and code 7 apparently not being released in March, it seems like it will be very difficult to focus on something else. Guess I'll just work untill my brain blows up.
@Liam, where ever you are, if you once her about a man whose  brain is told to have burst into flames, just remember that you could have saved him, and try to live with that. My brainless ghost will follow you wherever you go!

Best regard,
Simon

2019-04-02 11:48:21

Hello.

This is great joke. It's a pity, there are no sounds in that gamebook. I am playing it in Ubuntu Mate 19.04 developer branch and Firefox.

Vojta.

2019-04-02 13:27:50

Liam did the ouch my brain trophy in super egg hunt,l so I assume someone's brain exploded in the creation of that trophy. Lol!

2019-04-02 14:26:50 (edited by jack 2019-04-02 14:27:10)

This was also not only a hint, but a statement that is absolutely true about SL2.

Liam wrote:

It doesn't resemble anything I've posted before. I've pretty much reworked and reimagined everything.

Damn right he did. Lol!

2019-04-02 16:16:53 (edited by Cornettoking 2019-04-02 16:22:46)

Hello,
First, I would like to say that the Statement about not joining the next stream was something that came out of me being utterly disappointed and slightly angry at this joke. I would like to back down from that Statement.
As I said, this is not the Kind of April fool's joke you should do, at least, as CMerry said, not with that game.
With a completely new Thing it would have been fine, but Super Liam 2 has been awaited about since the first few People finished Super Liam and heard the words "To Be Continued".
That's why I think this joke was a bad idea.
And no, I am not wanting to start Drama here!
And @77: Damn you, now that you mentioned it I really would love to eat Popcorn!
big_smile

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-04-02 17:54:30

You know, Liam's been a really good developer for this community. I mean think about it. If you can get past the thing about his games mostly being paid, which I can't help you if you can't get past that, he really is a good developer. He doesn't engage in shady business practices, he helps with support issues and responds quickly to problems, all his games are high quality, he doesn't get wrapped up in the drama of this forum, and he doesn't do clones. Having said all that, they way you guys treated him was pretty awful. I get not everyone is into April fools day, but the best thing for you to do is just maintain your silence on that score. You're not going to stop it, and you're just going to make yourself look like a fool on April fools day by popping off about it each and every year. So, this is one of those times where you pick your battles, show a little restraint, and just keep quiet. Moving on, I understand that some people were disappointed about there not actually being an audio game version of SL2. Let me ask you this though, it's been 15 years now, do you really think this is going to happen? I know the thing says to be continued, but well, shit happens, life is like that, and it's not always fair. I'd say the chances of it happening are pretty low, not impossible, just low. So using that as a sort of yard stick or meter stick to measure your expectations, it would be understandable to have some skepticism, if only a little. I get that Liam has a sterling reputation here, and maybe you felt disappointed, and maybe you felt as if a promise had been broken. You may even be right in your feelings; it's not anyone's business but your own to gauge and compare your feelings, and to try to assess where they align on your moral compass. After all these years though, doesn't he deserve a little leeway, even just a little? We can't be right 100% of the time, and we can't be 100% perfect 100% of the time. That's just not the human condition, so I would urge everyone to reevaluate their reactions now they've had a day to cool off, and see how they fall along that moral compass everyone has.

Let's say your dad did everything in his power to be in your life. He was great at being there for you. You are playing football and your team is in the state championship now. Your father says he will be at that game, but is called away for a last minute business trip to try to close a deal with an important client. He's not at your game, and you feel awful. Maybe you're the QB, and perform so terribly, your team loses the game, or maybe your performance doesn't really affect the game, because everyone else is on top form. Either way, you're going to be disappointed and hurt. You know who's going to be even more disappointed and hurt though? Your dad will be, because he wanted to be with you at that game more than anything else, and couldn't be. This may even affect your relationship for a time, you may be hurt, and let that hurt turn into anger, and you don't talk to him for some time. But, once you sort of get in your right mind again, you might realize that hey, my dad did a fuck of a lot for me, and he wasn't at this one game, and that really sucked, but he was at these two hundred other games, and that's what it's all about. One promise broken, sure, but many more promises fulfilled.

Contrast that with a father who is always at work, a true workahaulic. His relationship with your mom is rapidly failing and they're talking divorce. Same situation, you're on the football team and your dad says he will be there, but doesn't show. You will probably still be disappointed, and hurt, but far less, because your hopes aren't as high, because he's let you down so many times. His word, his promises don't carry much weight with you anymore.

Look at those two scenarios. I understand why some of you are feeling the way you are. I'm not trying to invalidate those feelings, because I understand where they're coming from. I hope you do come to realize that in this case, Liam represents the good father, and you can come to terms with that however best suits you.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-02 17:55:01

wowww amazing! i like it!

Yours kindly

2019-04-02 18:04:40

Also realize that I gave you a game to play that I spent over a month writing and editing. I learned a brand new system to make something fun for you all to play. was it what you were expecting? No, but was it something to read and have fun with? Yes. Look at my director's comments topic in the general section for the amount of thought that went in to this.
I have 0 regrets, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Also as people have said. The sequel came out 14 years ago. If there was going to be a sequel I imagine it would have been done by now. Stop being mad because you got tricked, and have fun with a silly little game book that has a lot of funny things in it to laugh at.
You wanna know what would have been nasty? if the download page had just said. "Ha ha April Fools day you are all really dumb." But it didn't. That would have taken 10 seconds to do, and would have had no thought and effort on my part.
I am not expecting people to be grateful, but at the same time temper your anger with the knowledge that I did put in a lot of work and time for you all when I'm dealing with my own problems.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-04-02 19:26:10

I thought it was epic.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2019-04-02 20:57:52

Liam had to go unravel the biggest ball of Twine in Minisota to find sourcecode fragments within, ur, I mean, learn Twine to produce this, which has its own accessibility hurdles save for a command line compiler.
Also, you might've played yourself a bit there Liam...

Liam wrote:

Also as people have said. The *sequel* came out 14 years ago. If there was going to be a sequel I imagine it would have been done by now.

Only kidding, we all know what you meant.

2019-04-02 21:01:41 (edited by jack 2019-04-02 21:02:14)

Oh and if there's to be an actual sequel, Liam can correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt it would be in BGT, which means it would have to be written from the ground up in Python. And Liam did say he was going through some health problems. So I'd advise folks who didn't like it to cut him some slack @ironcross32 is absolutely correct in that regard. Go play beep to recover if you need to, that's the wonder drug that cures all your ills! Lol.

2019-04-02 21:23:10

Beep is way better anyways.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-04-02 22:32:55

Best game money can buy...wait did I just say that?
Actually, I think I heard that Liam did actually get a few paypal requests when Beep surfaced. Were people that gullible? Lol!

2019-04-03 04:51:23

For what it's worth, I loved it. In fact, I immediately downloaded Twine, found it to be less than accessible in some areas, and found out about Twee2, a command line Twine compiler, and I've been playing with it ever since.

And if you want the source code, I have a little story for you. I downloaded the game, which in reality is just a single .html file, used Twee2 to decompile it (that feature doesn't work on Windows for some reason) and then recompiled it and…apparently I don't have the complete source code after all!