2009-02-10 18:03:19

Hi.

I'm trying out firefox just to see how it works, but I'm having a miner problem with favourites.

How do I access them from Firefox? I really need all of my old favourites folders. Their stil in the start menue, but there's no favourite menues in the actual firefox program, ----- and they haven't shown up in the "bookmarks" menue, which I assume does the same function.

There was an import wizard thing which showed up at the start, but I had to close that sinse there was an error.

i've looked in the firefox folder in program files, but can't find the bookmarks folder, so can't copy my favourites into it.

any advice?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-02-10 18:51:07

hmm, i wonder if you can get the the import wizard again? you could always just go into each favorite in firefox and add it as a bookmark, that might be inconvenient but I actually had to do that with 100 favorites.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2009-02-10 19:19:18

I think I'm up to about 150 favourites or so, ---- and I'd also have to do it on my laptop as well so I'd really! rather not have to use that option. I also can't believe that's the only way of doing it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-02-11 02:45:25

Go to file and then import and follow the dialog.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-02-11 14:37:51

If the import wizard consistently gives you errors you might try telling us what the error message is. If it is the fault of the program then you can always contact Mozilla, I once got an unexpected and very friendly email response from them after I had submitted an automated bug report. Very polite and courteous, as well as quite fast, for what is probably the only time I've had firefox crash on me.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.