2019-04-01 14:50:17

@post 23: What username do you have in Constant Battle. I want to know.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-04-01 14:55:02

Well, still can't really even log in and or create my character for that matter but there you go. Unless there's a game update available and that the update checker isn't finding it, of which, someone may have to PM me the link to the setup file again. Don't wanna get in trouble for ya know, quote on quote, stolen code. Uuuuug!

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-07-12 11:41:34

İs server down?

2019-07-12 12:33:18

Perhaps.
I'd also like to know if this thing can even be discussed here now, and I think the only person who can tell us would be Sam himself, as he owns the rights to Ultrapower.

2019-07-12 12:53:29

I still have a hard time understanding why people like this so much. All it is with up with some extra maps, items which generally do the same thing and cause a lot of balancing issues, and lots and lots and lots of lag which no dout started with ultrapower since anyone who ever messed with that code base will know just how fucked it was.

2019-07-12 13:01:43

Wait a sec. Manwel cortez is an admin there? Is that person the developer of undead assault? The developer of TW blue?

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-07-12 13:21:48

aaron wrote:

Perhaps.
I'd also like to know if this thing can even be discussed here now, and I think the only person who can tell us would be Sam himself, as he owns the rights to Ultrapower.

i m clueless about the whole issue. although i'Ve seen it before yet i'Ve tried but, server was down.

i will try to look thru ultra power though.

2019-07-12 16:14:18

Well, It's most certainly not a cloun, because clouns are human and belong in horror themed stuff or ammusement parks... LOL, but still this game is so unfair in a lot of ways, for one the fact that there is a weapon that can kill you with one shot, and sense you end up at the beginning of what ever map or room you're in they can just stand there and keep spam killing you. For two, it's a side scroller, so all the ideas that otherwise would have been unique like different methods of transport, having a home, and quests are limited by the fact that it's running on a side crolling map and the fact that it's in BGT which as we all know doesn't have the best of networking support. For three, a lot of the sounds are stolen. I know most games here do use sounds from other games but that's not what I'm getting at. Some of the music tracks in the main menu clearly have watermarks in them as if the dev downloaded it off of YouTube or recorded the  audio of a demo.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-07-13 17:48:09

this is going to be a flame war if this topic has some moderations;

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-07-13 17:48:48

sorry for dobble posting; but this topic needs some moderations

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-07-13 18:11:38

You literally just posted that Mike, why say the same thing again.  Besides, that's what the report button is for and it was just calming down a bit before you launched it back up to the top.

2019-07-14 21:17:48

Hi guys. I'm sorry for bringing back this topic, but i think its unfair to call it a up clone. Yes it uses sounds of it, but they evolved on that platform. Its really flawed and i would make a million changes if i could but its different to all the FPS clones we have. This clone in my openion does the best job at hiding that its a clone. Its wrong to steal peoples code, but he doesnt even develop it anymore. And it also seems that he doesnt have a problem otherwise we would be hearing all about it. I played UP 14 and bc 0.1 is much better. That's my 2 cents.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-07-14 21:28:02 (edited by defender 2019-07-14 21:28:56)

It's definitely wrong to call it a clone I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that it uses stolen source code in the eyes of the moderators.
It's unfortunate that they never rewrote it when it was small and much easier.  With all they've added since then, you'd think they'd be capable...

2019-07-16 23:57:34

`Yeah. Mason, Sam, do you guys approve of those guys using your code? Only they can say if its a clone. Until then... But they really improved it. To bad they couldnt make their own platform.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here