2019-03-27 22:35:28

Hi. This is my last try to get adleast one part of the community back to right. Why are so many people of you still using skype 7 and giving out copies of it? I fucking hate it. The only thing we get out of it are forks and connectivity problems, anoying notifications for any single little event what seriusly no one needs, a crappy peace of shit called skype api. While there is a great version with no adds, much easyer to use, and the best is no more /fork spam. Because it just no longer exists. So, people, please stop giving out copies of skype 7, because then you may be the next responsible for the next fork.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-03-27 22:38:06

'twould be nice, but sadly, I dinne see it coming.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-27 22:42:27 (edited by Simter 2019-03-27 22:43:23)

it should come, i am so tired of seeing people with their brand new skype 7s on tt servers. I then always have to think why they don't say their new for machines, that would match it better.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-03-27 23:32:38

Please, stop making useless topics. The only people who know about the fork command are people who have nothing better to do in their lives. Now I have a question for you. Why do you add such people to your Skype? Seriously, just stop. It's not like anybody using Skype 7 can just fork the entire user base. Fork is a non issue for me, and there certainly is a reason. As to the actual Skype 7 usage question, it's very simple. People like to use programs they are already used to. When the time comes, everybody will move to Skype 8 if they want to continue using Skype, but right now some people just don't want to get used to a new interface. This is fine, and you cannot tell anybody to not use something no matter how hard you try, so I suggest you don't try at all. Imagine the following scenario: You are using an app. You read a topic telling you to stop using it, because of one issue that you are not even affected by. Now, will you just suddenly say oh I will stop using this app or you will just ignore the topic? I suggest to you instead to stop trusting everybody. Skype isn't supposed to be a platform where you add somebody as soon as they tell you hey my Skype is this please accept my request. Would you just call somebody on their phone number who you don't even know? I know I would not, and the same goes for Skype. Skype 8 is actually a good app, but no matter what somebody says here some people wont switch until they have to, and it's their choice. It's subjective whether it's right or no, but for now, Skype 7 does not have any security risks so that it is urgent for people to move on. Next time you get forked, tell the person who did it to grow up and don't add them until you have a good enough reason to believe they have changed. No matter what they tell you about being hacked and stupid things like that, you can still tell them to add you once they learn the basics of online security.

2019-03-28 00:03:49

None of your business.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-03-28 00:12:54

Because we can. Lol why does it bother people so much though? I really don't see how it affects skype 8 users if some people decide to use 7.

2019-03-28 00:22:42

A better question would be, why are people still talking about people using Skype 7.

2019-03-28 01:23:37

An even better question would be, how the hell are people even using skype 7 in the first place? No, this is a genuine question, because I can't for the life of me get it to work on the mac anymore. It just, booted me out, and now I can't log in. And no, the info.plist version switch results in the program crashing, so that won't work. It's worse on the mac because Voiceover cannot be scripted to behave better with skype 8 (voiceover sucks with electron apps, and if you navigate away from the window, the web content disappears. Screw the mac.

2019-03-28 01:44:50

Probably majority, if not all the users who run Skype classic are on Windows.

2019-03-28 03:11:10

It will continue to work until Microsoft kills it at the server level. At that point, no amount of kicking and screaming will help or change anything.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-03-28 03:29:22

Moderation:

Simter, consider this an official warning. There was a whole topic about this a couple of weeks ago, and it was discussed to death and beyond. It resulted in me essentially confronting people and asking them why the heck it was any of their business what other people used if no one was being hurt.
Rather than re-engage that discussion, I'm going to drop a warning. This, to me at least, is bordering on personal attack, not just toward myself but toward others as well. You think you have the right to determine what programs we ought to use, and you don't. Speaking personally, this is getting very tiresome. This isn't the first time it's happened, nor the first time it's been protested. And now that there are multiple other users who are just as annoyed as me, it's warning time.

And I'm locking this thread. We do not need this discussion right now.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-04-01 15:03:41

Moderation:

I have given this situation a lot of thought, and acting on my own initiative and with no particular heed to any opinion I have seen, I have decided the following:

1. Simter's warning stands. I firmly believe that he began this topic in bad faith and was trying to stir up a hornet's nest.
2. Just because Simter himself may have done this in bad faith does not mean the entirety of the conversation was continued in the same manner. As such, I am going to unlock it. If you folks want to discuss skype 7, skype 8 and the differences between them, in a civil and non-pushy manner, I invite you to do so.
3. I reserve the right to come back in here and drop the hammer if it starts to flare or if users begin growing upset at the way this subject is being handled.

This bears explanation, so here goes.

You have a right to use any program you wish, or any setup you wish, so long as nobody else is getting hurt.
Nobody has the right to tell you that you must change. Nobody has the right to try and make you feel guilty for this choice if it is not causing demonstrable harm. If anyone does these things, here or elsewhere, now or later, the moderation team will get involved.

Arguments, posts and points made in clearly bad faith will be dealt with swiftly. Please do not make me regret this decision.

It is not my intent to have punished the community for the actions of a wayward few, and I still do not believe that closing the topic was a mistake. It was a firm, quick decision which I felt, in the moment, needed to be done. Now that the surrounding ethics have been discussed to death, however, it is my fervent hope that the community will treat the situation with far more respect than the original topic creator saw fit to show. If that is done, I see no reason why productive discussion should not continue.

2019-04-01 16:05:47

by the way she is a girl

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-04-01 16:10:23

@black_mana Who are you referring to?

2019-04-01 16:26:09 (edited by Ghost 2019-04-01 16:26:44)

So Jayde, basicly whether we like it or not skype 7 is dead now. I have been told that if you manually sign out there is no signing in. So if I somehow get signed out, I will have to switch to inferior skype 8, which makes my fans kick into overdrive

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-04-01 16:35:08

Well, I'm signed in as we speak, and it appears to be working, so I'm not sure. I'll let you know the next time I restart my computer or whatnot.

2019-04-01 16:40:59

You stay signed in untill you sign out manualy, or reinstall windows, or lose it some how.
For example, my laptop is comming back from repairs today, it was upgraded to skype 8 by mistake before I sent it and now, I am sure I can't downgrade.
If I copy my appdata from this laptop, my old one to the one who comes today and it some how surprisingly works, it won't really help me because I can't use my main account on this laptop, no matter what I do, when I sign it in, it freezes.
So, yeah, rest in peace skype 7, we will miss you, untill someone finds a hack which allows you to work again.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-01 16:42:10

jayde my bro please tell me how the fucking hell did you signed in? plsssssssss!

Yours kindly

2019-04-01 16:47:39

My last sign-in was yesterday afternoon, so if it happened this morning, then I'm living on borrowed time.

And I've said before, I'll switch over when I have no choice. I'll learn when I have to. I just won't do it a moment sooner than I must.

2019-04-01 16:54:38 (edited by sunshine 2019-04-01 16:58:37)

I'm perhaps the only one who downgraded to skype7 after using skype8 for like 6 months or so. But yeah, if skype7 dies, which I'm sure is going to happen sooner or later, I'm well used to 8 as well, and I wouldn't face much problems going back to it.

2019-04-01 17:42:18

well sooner skype  7 will die cause client died, and soon server will gonna die. So be ready guys.

Yours kindly

2019-04-01 17:59:58

wasn't this topic closed?

2019-04-01 18:05:36

If you had read the topic, you would have seen that it was reopened, and would also have seen why I chose to do so.

2019-04-01 18:57:29 (edited by Defektive 2019-04-01 18:59:10)

If you have auto sign in enabled, you can still use 7. If you don't you can't. Also, about skype 8, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be, it's usable, but my opinion is that 7 is a lot quicker and easier to use. And why people still use 7? Simply because they want to, because it works better for them then 8

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2019-04-01 19:00:55

I will use Skype septilion bajillion octillion novillion and you all can't stop meh.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united