2019-03-27 11:33:22

Hi, all! I tryed a few of code editors (notepad++, sublime, Atom...), but I have a problem: I can't read code. Please help me! And tell me which is the best for the python?

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-03-27 12:53:43

Hmm, we might need more elaboration from you about what exactly is going on when you say you can't read code. I can attest to Notepad++ working well enough to read the window and work in it. I have no experience with the other editors you mentioned. I do tend to use Visual Studio Code, and quite like it.

If you are being literal in saying you can't read code, as in, you don't understand it well enough to know what's happening, that's a different issue and wouldn't be down to the editor, which is why I discount this as a strong possibility.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-27 20:54:34

So what's wrong with a good old notepad, you know, the thing that opens up after you type notepad in windows environments? While it won't tell you the errors right away (you'll actually have to run your script through python to pick those up) it will have a way to read your code. This is what I use, and it's working just fine for me.

2019-03-27 23:57:20

autoindent is one thing: with notepad, if you work a few levels deep, it gets annoying fast to hit tab 3 or 4 times on a newline

Roel
golfing in the kitchen