2019-12-23 18:18:43

Really? I looked on newgrounds and it said no games available.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-12-23 18:27:55

Yeah, just checked again and they don't seem to be anywhere on that NG page.

2020-03-14 15:09:26 (edited by Dark 2020-03-14 15:12:59)

Okay, just a note that the games are now available again. The hole collection can be bought here, for 20 usd, and the games can be Bought here, for a dollar each.

Sadly, there is a note on Kfsb's website that he's not making anymore crypt Shyfter games, and as people will gather, the games on Itch.io are now being sold by a writer of erotic fantasy.
I hope Kfsb is alright and hasn't had any major upheavals in his life which have caused him to have to stop game development, though for everyone else, it's nice the games are still available.

As for Princess Barbarana, the erotic fantasy creator who seems to have taken over distributing the crypt shyfter games, I'm not sure. Since her games are twine I'm guessing they will be accessible, though equally as her games are commercial, albeit very inexpensively commercial, I've not tried her stuff as yet, and since straight up erotica is less my thing without the rpg/adventure elements I don't know if I'd be willing to hazard cash on trying at this stage.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-15 16:08:31

ooo!  I hope I can get these soon before they disappear again. smile

Went through months of not buying any games, and this month three have come out that I really want; this being one of them.

2021-08-03 16:01:23

The missing entries have been restored: https://www.videogamepizza.com/

2021-08-03 16:43:29

Lol. I love how this guy just randomly reappears. Like a gift bringing ninja or... something. lol
Glad we can get these again.

2021-08-03 17:11:13

I didn't realise there were 40 of these either.  have them downloaded now and am slowly making my way through them.  enjoying so far and I'm only on number three. 
to be fair I beat the second one completely unexpectedly.  Was sure I was dead, but nope.  I'll say no more but it made me laugh.

2021-08-03 18:11:55

Wonderful! I always wanted to play these!

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-08-03 18:25:20

Awesome!

I'm really glad both that the series is back, and that there seem to be a hole tonne of new entries as well as new stuff from kfsb as well! A gift giving ninja indeed!

I'd be interested to know how many games have been updated from the Itch.io versions, which I still have downloaded, and which ones I need to update.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-08-05 20:53:13

I love the crypt shyfter series, as well as the other ones. Wonder how Kungfuspacebarbarian made his game books though. Like what tools did he use?
mainly curious because his gamebooks don't need internet to play after you click on them as far as I know

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2021-08-06 08:31:48

Even the Dino command Series seems to be very interesting. And if I counted right, there are 24 games made by other users in the fun stuff Section of his page, the possibility to send self made stories and gamebooks is still there. Anyway, good to see more things showing up from him.