2019-03-19 09:53:32

Hi all, i've been working on a game called word scramble.
I know there might be a few bugs, but i have tested the game before compiling and after compiling, and i did not reelly find bugs, but you never know, what pops up.
so what exactly is this game?
you have files containing words, a random word is then chosen from the file and the letters are randomised of the chosen word, and you have to figure out the word.
Please don't hessetate to give feedback here on this topic, and let me know if you all find bugs.
As i said, this is still an early project.
Please enjoy
here is the link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvU15WMrJs6akRkx9mC80sdbugkK

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-03-19 10:13:20

Hi,
Good game, keep up the good work.
Here is some feedback:
It will be nice to let the game go on, until the player makes a wrong guess, instead of choosing to play again each time player guesses the word. Or you may add a lives system, where the player has 3 lives or so for example, before the game is over and the player is asked weather they want to play again.
When pressing R, the 3 options are displayed, but the "welcome to..." message is also displayed.
If a word matches the words which are already in the file, randomize it again before displaying it to the player. For example, I was playing, and it said "['c','a','n']. It should have been randomized more nicely.
That's all for now. A big congrats to you for choosing python by the way.
Keep the good work up, learning python. And most importantly, making games with the new concepts you learn along the way, too.
Regards,
Amit

There once was a moviestar icon.
Who prefered to sleep with the light on.
They learnt how to code, devices sure glowed,
and lit the night using python.

2019-03-19 10:26:51

@2, thanks a lot for the good feedback.
I don't understand why it did not randomise that word of yours, because accoarding to the code, it should randomise each word's letters.
I will look at the fact that it prompts you if you want to play again and it tells you welcome to the game again. and i will also keep in mind the suggestion of  the lives.
sorry, english is reelly not my native language. thanks for the feedback!

best regards

2019-03-19 10:29:02

thank you for the game: I love this type of games, I'll play it!

2019-03-19 10:45:13 (edited by Jod 2019-03-19 10:46:29)

hello, good game, keep it up.
i think that it would be cool if you added a difficulty system, in which you could choose how long the word is, i keep getting small words like air and can.
also it would be cool if it didn't ask for us to choose the words.txt file whenever we guess a word, it could keep giving us words untill the list runs out and we could quit by typing quit or something like that.

2019-03-19 10:57:22

Hi, @4 thanks
@5, that is a good idea. You don't  have to play the same words over and over, you can make your own long words, that is why i added the option to enter the name of a text file that contains words. you can edit that one also, the one that came with the game.
or make your own text file, seperate the words with enter's and there you go!

best regards

2019-03-19 11:24:31

@6 well it wouldn't be a game that way because i'd know all the answers.

2019-03-19 13:56:17

the thing is not to look at the words. that part was only ment for if you got the file from a friend and you would like to play through them. but i will take it in mind in the next update. thanks

best regards