2019-03-18 02:56:21

Hi.
No more introductions should be needed by now.
The gdc is about.
So this is about to.
https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc19/
I am sure most of us on here are seasoned vetterans to know what the heck this is.
To the rest of you it will explain what it is about anyway, but its there, another 25gb of stuff to transfer to your gdc collections.
For those with gdc collections, I have noticed that a lot of stuff in the collections are mostly the same from the 2015-16 mark onward but just see what you get, the packs never grow that much once you have them but its good to refresh them anyway.
The easiest way to get them is via ftp if you have a fast connection and an ftp client, let the files grind on and see what they do.
I have fibre, so this stuff shouldn't take much more than an hour to get all of it.

2019-03-18 10:08:15

Fuck yeah!
Thanks for link.

2019-03-18 18:41:22

well you beat me to it rofl

2019-03-20 03:25:45 (edited by Mitch 2019-03-20 03:29:59)

So quick question: are these only up for a limited time? If not, are you able to get gdc sounds from past years still? I also saw ;¬ing about an official torrent. Does this mean that this is still legal? It seems so, I just want to check.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-01 15:30:29

A thing regarding torrents. The torrent filetype in general is completely legal. It's just the content surrounding it that may not be. Matter of fact, I believe one of Winamp's co-developers created the completely legal filetransfer protocol that would just happen to be used by Limewire later on in time. So the media doesn't know what it's talking about here. Torrenting is just a p2p file transfer methodology that shrinks (seeds) the file as more people download it. It's just that torrent sites are often unregulated.
That being said, the GDC sound library torrent is indeed official, and very much legal. And through that method, you can get past year's stuff as well.

2019-04-03 07:56:42 (edited by defender 2019-04-03 07:58:26)

You can get all of the previous years at GameSounds dot X Y Z or sonniss it's self by using google, except for 2015 which they don't host any more.

Yep, they also use torrent for linux distros.
Still, probably 75% of torrenting is pirated material, so I can see the confusion.

2019-04-03 15:57:03

the torrent it self is   legal, the trackers and also the websites are just  posting    payed content   and releasing them to the world, like the fx libs, programes or music sampls

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-04-03 16:47:26

I saw the old stuff in the FTP server.
This is a sound library, maybe I'll make a game! Or maybe not.