2019-03-15 12:09:23

There are actually two developers for The Blind Eye, which I found out after visiting an archived copy of the site the game attempts to launch on exit. The game was actually developed by AM Production MultiMedia and AM3D, not The Blind Eye as stated on the game's database entry.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-03-15 19:12:55 (edited by Dark 2019-03-15 19:15:39)

Ah, I didn't realise that, but in fairness I don't know who wrote the page originally and I have never actually played the game, since for a long time the download  was unavailable, and while its been recently rediscovered, I have no idea  if something released almost twenty years ago would still run on windows 10 or not.

I probably ought to give it a try for curiosity's sake and maybe to update the description a bit.

Anyway, I've updated the developer info to the two teams you mentioned, thanks for letting us know as always.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-15 20:45:18 (edited by Slender 2019-03-16 04:06:12)

It still works, actually, though you might need to execute a different file to get it to start if it exits, tbecore.exe. I think the reason the download didn't get captured by the Wayback Machine could have been that the site wanted you to input an uncomfortable amount of personal information before it would give you a download link to the game, such as your street address, AGE, email, company you work for, etc, and the Wayback Machine doesn't fill out forms.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!