2022-08-25 17:28:56

@75, can you be a little more clear? I didn't understand

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2022-08-25 17:41:29

@76
I think 75 is talking about one of the maps. One of my friends told me that there are meadows in the ocean ,but I don't remember which map, because I don't think I have used it personally.

Blindgoofball
Founder and lead developer at Nibble Nerds
Where gamers are united!
https://nibblenerds.com

2022-08-25 18:54:41

Yeah, that's right. So I don't know, if It is mistake.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2022-08-25 20:55:09

Which one though?

_____

2022-08-25 22:32:48

This is on M1. There are ocean squares in this map. But, You can build on this squares, because there are meadows. But on sea squares You can't build, which is ofcourse good.

2022-08-25 22:37:50

from what I have seen if you change specific line I do not remember exactly what it is butts double wet number and the buck is there in the ocean

2022-08-25 22:39:03

I remember it's additional meadows by square but this to any value you will see the middle happen

2022-08-26 01:11:36

Yeah IDK if you can fix that.

_____

2022-08-28 14:29:36

Thank You for explanation of this problem. Now I understand, what was the problem. But, I don't know, how to create such maps. Please, could You tell me, how and where to edit It?
Thank You.

2022-08-30 15:11:01

Hello,
So, perhaps I can shed light on the problem. The tile, ocean, sea, they are not water tiles by default. Someone would have to go into the map file and put a water flag on all the tiles that are marked as either ocean or sea. This is something I've meant to do, but with my current schedule and lack of time and energy, I haven't done it. If someone could do it, that would be awesome as that is a really cool map. I think the map is called m2 or m1, BTW.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23 4

2022-08-30 17:11:38

Please, describe here, how to do that and I'll try to do It.

2022-08-30 17:17:05

Sorry for double post. But I have found finally those issues.
So, I have now a question. Why are additional meadows in ocean squares? It must be explained, because for this I don't know, if I can keep those meadows, or no. I would like to know It from creator of this mod, because somewhere must be reason.

2022-08-30 23:23:21

To answer your questions @86 and 87:
First, the meadows are probbaly in ocean squares by accident. When making maps, it becomes a complete mess of different squares, and those things often happen. For example, when I made a map once, i accidentally made some players spawn in the water, thus instantly dying, and the game not working right.
Also, to make squares count as water, you would write something like the following.
water a1 b1 c1 d1 e1 f1 g1
You shouldn't make the lines much longer than that, or the game will crash when you try to load the map, so make sure those lines don't have too many squares, and split them up into multiple lines.

Blindgoofball
Founder and lead developer at Nibble Nerds
Where gamers are united!
https://nibblenerds.com

2022-08-31 00:38:06

I have found It finally, but could I edit those maps? Do You know, I am not creator of this mod, so I don't know, what will be opinion of creator of this mod.

2022-08-31 18:31:49

Oh, apparently on that map I used ocean terrain for the land next to the ocean. I can see how that would be confusing, especially since on m3 I used ocean for the water next to land. I suppose I should have made a new terrain, maybe called shore. But on M1 the squares marked as ocean are actually land and are meant to have meadows. It was just a way to indicate squares next to the water where you can build shipyards.