2019-03-27 23:23:11

Well, I'm allergic to seafood. But I love it. Used to be that my allergy was pretty mild, and I'd be able to get down some popcorn shrimp with no ill effects. But it has involved into something much worse now,  I can no longer ingest delicious food from the ocean. I sure do miss it though.
Fudge over here, at least from my experience, is a nice, chewy snack. It is somewhere between a soft cake and a chocolate chip cookie, not not fluffy but not crunchy either. It is certainly something you can sink your teeth into. A lot of people view it as some kind of candy, but I think that's kind of dumb. I mean, it isn't exactly something you'd get for dessert at a restaurant, but it isn't a  mass-produced, chemical laden chocolate bar either. Either way, it's dang good.
But in some cases, fudge will be liquid, like the previously mentioned hot fudge sundey. It's sort of like a thicker custard. Other times it can be a topping for a cake. I've had fudge icing before.
That chicken sounds pretty good, Dark. I love anything garlic, and putting that on the breasts and wrapping them up in bread sounds amazing. I tell you, I really gotta get over to England and start trying everything you've mentioned in this topic. Especially those dark chocolate muffins. Those sound awesome.
Speaking of desserts, last Sunday for dessert after lunch we had these things called forgotten cookies. They're called that because, believe it or not, you make the doe, put them on a sheet, heat the oven to 3 50, put them in there, and get this: you turn off the oven! You close the door and just leave them in there for around 8 hours, and when you take them out, there they are. The most amazing cookies ever. They got chocolate chips, pecans, and sometimes m and m's inside a thin shell of egg whites and vinegar. It might not sound good, but it totally is.

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-03-28 18:03:46

@Thatguy, those cookies do sound good.

"fudge" over here generally means a sugar based caramel as I said, I was just a bit surprised when my lady mentioned her parents makking double fudge brownies that didn't actually involve fudge, just extra chocolate, though I'm always up for extra chocolate ;D.

Yesterday  we were at my parents and my mum made actual propper minced beef pies, which we had with cabbage, carrots and sweed mash, which were wonderful.
We'll probably be treating ourselves to a meal out this weekend, though whether we go back to pastability, the really good Italian, or try somewhere else I don't know.

Oh and yes Chicken kievs are a favourite of mine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-01 04:09:51

Yeah, personally never been to much of a fan of vegetables, especially cabbage. It just doesn't taste that good. I don't know if it's a texture thing, but I just really don't like eating it. Speaking of which, does anyone else have weird textures that they just can't deal with? Broccoli does it for me as well.
Today I didn't have anything special, just some pre-processed frozen chicken strips I threw in the air fryer. I can't cook nothing at the moment, because we just got ourselves one of them new modern ovens that got a touchscreen, and it's pretty inaccessible. Luckily, those things usually have some kind of app you can use to control them, so I should probably look that up at some point.

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-04-01 08:04:25

Yes. The texture of scrapple makes me want to vomit, even though that's a favorite of a lot of people in my area, for one. I'm also not a fan of creamy soups, like cream of chicken or what not, because of my aversion to the texture. I'm OK with the vast majority of vegetables, except for peas, which I've explained earlier in this topic, and red beets, which taste like dirt to me no matter how they're prepared.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-01 12:35:18

@Turtlepower what is scrapple? I thought that was a game where you put letters on a board to spell words, though I suppose the texture of that would be pretty crunchy big_smile.

Actually my lady has a similar thing with cream or gloppy texture, so I do appreciate the issue, she's also not into cream soups either, though does like soup of other kinds.
For me, its the texture of tomatoes in solid state and the majority of fruit. It just makes my stomach absolutely heave!

Its odd, I'm fine with tomato sauce or with tomatoes in a pizza etc, likewise I absolutely love the taste of fruit juice or fruit smoothies, but its just the solid texture of the things I cannot stand.

Vedge on the other hand I do like, provided its cooked. Interestingly enough Thatguy, a rumanian chap I know once said nobody outside of eastern europe knows how to cook cabbage, and while I don't have a strong dislike  cabbage I will say I once went to a pollish resteraunt where they had the best cabbage I've ever had.

Last night my lady and I had fish cakes, hash browns and mushy peas, which are a very English thing, and probably sound revolting to anyone not from Britain, but are actually quite nice.
We do plan to go out for something propper this week, though goodness knows when.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-01 13:06:56

Having kippers and mixed veg with tons of butter for lunch today. Think kippers are my favourite fish, once I learned to live with the bones.