2019-03-19 03:28:50

When I make chili, I make it hot and thick, and then dunk toast in it.

Tonight I had pizza (pepperoni, asiago cheese, extra sausage). Nothing fancy.

When I do grilled cheese, I use pepper jack cheese and sometimes will chuck some bacon in as well. Not good for the arteries, but very tasty.

I'm also the sort of nut who will sprinkle hot sauce onto macaroni and cheese to give it a kick.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-03-19 05:02:37 (edited by ivan_soto 2019-03-19 05:03:14)

I'm gonna have my BBQ chips and drink my second can of coke. Man I drink coke too much...I had some mexican pizza for lunch and skipped breakfast all together. NVM, I had peanut butter cups for breakfast. My girlfriend and I have some strange eating habits, I'll say that much if you haven't noticed

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-03-19 05:08:17

Haha, yeah so do I.

I hate leftovers though.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-03-19 05:22:17 (edited by Thatguy 2019-03-19 05:23:58)

@23 yeah the pot was for 10 people and most of us got seconds. It was barely enough lol.
But yeah, a good pot of chili should always have that nice extra-spicy taste to it. I, as a general rule, enjoy hot stuff. I love hot sauce and as I mentioned before, buffalo wild wings is a great spicy chicken wing place to go when I'm needing some heat. I actually sometimes endeavour to increase my tolerance for that kind of food. Sometimes, I'll eat a big old handful of jalapenos and see how many I can get down. 34 is the most I've ever managed, for anyone who cares haha. Taking away the afteraffects is a little difficult though. Usually a couple bottles of propel will get rid of  the sting. If you think I'm crazy for doing that kind of thing, I know people who actually spray some of those terrible day-old burgers with pepper spray and eat them for lunch. They tell me it gives them a little flavor.

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-03-19 05:26:25

@29 that's impressive. 34. I couldn't even eat like 3. Lol I'm also not a fan of spicy stuff, so that may be part of it.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-03-19 06:16:16

I love spicy food. Speaking of which, I had a foot long chicken, bacon and ranch sub with provolone cheese, spinach, onions, pickles, and lots of jalapenos on Italian herb and cheese bread for dinner tonight. The night before, I had grilled barbecue ribs, potatoes and green beans. I usually stick with either water or tea to drink, but I will occasionally indulge in a soda.

We have a Thai restaurant here in town where I like to eat from time to time. Thai food is awesome, especially the curries. My favorites are the green and panang curries. They occasionally serve this papaya salad called som tam that tastes amazing. However, I can't eat it and be around people because it apparently makes my breath smell terrible. Must be all the fish sauce they put in it. I've only been brave enough to get four stars out of five on the som tam, and even that's super spicy.

I am also a fan of Buffalo Wild Wings. My favorite wings from there are mango habanero, Asian zing, Caribbean jerk, and garlic parmesan. I tried the blazin a few years ago and they were a bit too hot for me. I'm pretty sure they've reformulated them to be even hotter than they used to be.

2019-03-19 10:31:24

That Sausage and gravy sounds like my kind of meal. As for mee coffee and a jimmy deans breakfast sandwich because its early here.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2019-03-19 11:04:14

I've been up all night, and decided a hotdog wouldn't be a bad idea so I just eat them cold. Got some chips and a fruit cup with that. Maybe I'll have some breakfast with my coffee so I don't end up falling asleep in the day, considering I will not be returning home until 4:30. I think macaroni and cheese is for lunch today for us, so I'll look forward to that one.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-03-19 16:05:21

@31 that sounds like a dang good sandwich. Personally, I like a ham, turkey,  pepperjack cheese sandwich with a topping of olives, pickles, mayo, and banana peppers on Italian flatbread. It's quite the delight. Sometimes I'll throw some salami on there as well.
Also @31, i love the mango habanera. It's hot and sweet, one heck of a great mixture. I Really enjoy the jerk sauce too, although having been to Jamaica once I can't say it's completely authentic. But it is really, really good. When I'm not in the mood for something too spicy sometimes I'll just get one of the more hot bbq sauces. I like them all, really.
@33 coffee? I love it! However, I can't really agree with @18 that chocolate is what needs to be combined with it. I like mine strong and black. I actually tried a dark chocolate moka from Starbucks once... was not a fan at all. I just don't think coffee should taste sweet, but I hear some people really enjoy it. What I really like are them dark roasts. I bought myself a few K-Cups of some really good dark coffee, and I drink that every morning. Wakes me right up.

-

2019-03-19 16:11:54

i have a piza tonight, yum lol

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-03-19 18:04:24 (edited by flackers 2019-03-20 22:33:37)

Going to my parents tonight, so it's a British classic: fish and chips with mushy peas.

2019-03-20 02:44:08

For dinner tonight, I had a wonderful Ty dinner. It was drunken  noodles and a green curry on the side. I like to mix the two and I really enjoyed it. I will probably have left overs tomorrow, because for some reason the two warm up well, in a pan over the stove at least! On Thursday, I haven't dicided what I will have, but my aunt and I will be going out somewhere.

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2019-03-20 02:56:14

hello
I think i'l have some french fryes and a well; a joos that you didnt no: it meens you'l never no: haha; and I have some kin pap; our own and naytev food: so enjoy

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-03-20 09:08:32

@Flacus, since my lady loves fish, she's taken to the good old British Fish and chips very well big_smile.

Monday evening we wound up having burgers which was nice. We've found a decent butcher who makes really good ones, plus I have some extra hot bbq sauce speaking of spicy things. Reheating the chilly worked last night which was good.

I like spice, though I do have my tolerance level, and when things get to the point you can no longer taste the food and just get burn that's a bit much, albeit I apparently have a higher tolerance than some.

Jerk sauce is great, though again, I've had some pretty hot versions, though I've not heard of general tso chicken. usually If I get chinese, my favourite is kung po., which is a spiced chicken dish apparently originating in Korea, though I also like blackbean sauce.

The chinese where we used to live used to have an awesome dish called wandering dragon, which involved chicken, pork, prawns and peppers in black bean sauce and was amazingly nice, though they also did a great kung po.
Sadly we've not found a decent chinese where we are now, though I've had one recommended to me which I do want to try.
This morning we'll probably have hot dogs for breakfast (with the reds extra hot bbq sauce for me), which yeah, is weird but there you go, we like them.
Since we've got to go over to my parents today for an acting workshop my mum will probably  a roast or something like that.

In terms of coffee, that is a hole other subject and one we've been through before, in This topic for example

Suffice it to say, while coffee and propper chocolate go together, I don't like my coffee sweet, if its made well it should be smooth enough to drink on its own, black with nothing in it, which is usually how I take it.
Then again I freely admit I'm a bit of a coffee snob big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-20 16:21:41

I've a few posts I wish to respond to, but before I do I"d like to preface this post by saying that I'm gonna need you all today; I haven't eaten a thing since yesterday, partly out of tiredness, partly out of sadness... I need to motivate myself to have a little something... I know it, but my wife's been in the hospital for a couple of days now which has made things rather difficult.  Taking care of three kids and two cats on your own is a rather highly stressful practice; I know that by the time I got everyone fed, watered, bathed and to bed last night I was just far too tired to eat myself.  Coming back here and reading what everyone else is eating really does put a smile on my face, for whatever that's worth.  I mean, hey, it's not like I'm asking for money?  I just wana know what you're eating!  lol
And now, I'm with Dark and post 39 to some extent.  Spicy sauces that are spicy just for the sake of being spicy are pointless; I could just as easily stick fire ants in my mouth and say it burns.  If I'm going to have something spicy, dish, sauce or what have you, I want to know that whatever it is is actually going to taste good!
AS for coffee the ways post 39 describes, I confess I've never had such a thing but wish I could... I think my digestive system might actually handle it better overall.  Every time I drink coffee at present my stomach turns in on itself and begins talking to me, uttering groans I cannot for the life of me comprehend, but I do feel the pain entirely.
@Jayde, post 26, what are these arteries you speak of?  Bacon is good for the soul; if I die of bacon overdose I'll at least die whole and mostly happy!  I also agree with your mac idea there; I actually like to shred chicken into mine then top the whole thing off with some wing sauce.
@turtlepower17, post 25, warmed up chinese is no more than glorified rubber to me at least, but we eat it anyway because we don't want it to go to waste, applying memories of what it once was to soothe ourselves along the way.  It really does stink that some leftovers warm up waaaaaay better than others, but if you have any means of heating them up in the oven or on the stove you should try that before ever popping them in the microwave.  I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't lazy and used the microwave sometimes... Many times?  Too many times?
@Thatguy, Outback and Cracker barrel FTW!  Chick-Filet isn't that bad either, but a tad too expensive for me to do more than once every few months.  Of course, that's better than Red Lobster, which I only have every few years.  AS for drinks, I"m a water guy myself for the most part, but it really depends on the meal, which I'm going to go into in detail further down...
My ideal meal day would consist of the following:
For breakfast I'd have some bacon, sausage, buttery scrambled eggs topped with cheddar or some other tasty cheese that isn't American corporate plastic wrapped single sliced processed slimy nonsense, along with some potatos... I usually go with hashed browns but wouldn't mind trying something else where potatos are concerned, a couple of slices of toasted bread or some good biscuits, and a tall glass of orange juice, freshly squeezed.
For lunch, I'd have a well done butter roasted rib-eye steak with either broccoli, grilled onions or Grilled Artichokes, some mashed potatos loaded with bacon, cheese, butter, sour cream, lightly salted and peppered and with just a touch of garlic, a side of mixed Sauteed green beans and corn in lime butter, once again lightly salted and peppered, some cheesy macaroni, and a cup of iced water or freshly squeezed lemonade.
Assuming I haven't died from that overload within five hours of lunch, I'd have a dinner or supper depending on who you ask, consisting of grilled blackened catfish with Cilantro-Lime Butter, some buttery grilled shrimp also seasoned with garlic and lemon and perhaps a touch of Oregano because why not, some oysters dipped in lemon and tabasco sauce with a touch of salt, and a couple of yeast rolls to top all of that off, along with another cup of iced water.
I don't eat like that, BTW, and notice I didn't add in the desserts?  I'm not good with desserts... I like cake, jello, ice cream and the like, but I've never been much of a sweet tooth so I really shouldn't try to apply myself to that side of the discussion.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-03-21 07:45:21

@Nocturnus I hope your wife is alright and not eating makes sense, the menu you suggest sounds awesome. My lady actually has a similar issue with coffee, she doesn't dislike it, but it potentially dislikes her. this is a shame since she's become quite the fan of coco before bed, and one of my favourite types of coco is Mocha, which she likes the taste of, but which made her stomach become disagreeable.

I probably couldn't plot a perfect menu, since really I like many things, but I will say we're looking to go out somewhere nice this week, since things have been bloody stressful recently for various reasons, so we'll probably be getting an awesome meal soon enough.
last night since we were heading to the actor's workshop, we stopped at my parents and my dad made chicken Jalfrezi with rice and broccoli. We also had it with hot Naan bred, samosas and onion bargees. 

To explain for those less familiar with Indian type of stuff, Jalfrezi, is a moderately spiced curry, though not too hot, Naan bread is like a round flat bread eaten hot and usually quite aromatic,  somosas are small crispy parcels of light pastry with vegitables and often potato in (sometimes they have meet but the ones we had last night were vedge ones), and bargees are like a light batter made with onions and herbs.
It was actually really nice, and very welcome since we tend to skip lunch and go straight from   breakfast to dinner, and so we were both really hungry.

#We also had some dark chocolate muffins, (sponge cakes not bread buns), for pudding, heated in the mike.

What we're doing today I don't know. Breakfast will probably be a scotch egg. These are a very English thing (Stephen King talks about them quite disparagingly), and something my lady's got quite fond of. They're like a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meet and bread crumbs, and make a great breakfast since you can just zap them in the mike and instantly get your eggs and sausage big_smile.

For  dinner today we'll see. I do like the idea of having something special and we've been recommended both a pub, a Mediterranean griek place and There is also the absolutely wonderful Italian pastability, or heck we still need to try the ultimate burger kitchin which is something we've been meaning to do.

It'll probably be a struggle between tiredness and nonebotheredness to go out vs desire for good grubbage big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-21 16:23:45

My fiancé really likes Jalfrezi. I should give it a try. I like Indian food all right, but when we've gotten delivery lately, I just want fries or typical American food. A lot of Indian meat dishes, I find the meat dry and cut into big chunks that are just hard for me to stay interested in.

I made chicken shawarma in my Instant Pot the other day, and we had raw onion, green peppers, tomato, lettuce, cheese, and tzatziki to go with it. We ate it over riced cauliflower the first night, and I have to say, the cauliflower was the worst part. Trying to be healthy isn't worth it. It was much better for lunch the next day wrapped up in a tortilla. Don't let anyone lie to you that riced cauliflower is good. It is not!
Cauliflower veggie tots made by Green Giant are pretty great. It's like tater tots, but with cauliflower on the inside. They crisp up in the oven, and you can eat them with Ranch.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2019-03-21 16:52:39

Dark, it's bhaji (b-h-a-j-I), not bargee. Mostly mentioning it in case anyone wants to go looking it up. Bhaji are actually pretty nice. Ditto samosas, if you do 'em right. My favourite type of curry so far is called Dansak; it's sort of hot but not too hot, and I get mine with lamb in. god is that ever nice.

I agree that hot for the sake of hot is pretty pointless. This is why I like layering tastes.

I've eaten Scotch egg twice. The first time I disliked it, as it felt rubbery and vile. The second time it actually wasn't half bad, and I'd be happy to try again. One of my previous partners was Briths (well, northern Irish) and I got introduced to some British fare that I quite like.

Nocturnis, all your talk of fish and oysters and seafood in general makes me want some.

I think for me, an ideal day as far as food would sound a little bit like this. Obviously wouldn't do this every day.

Breakfast: A couple of waffles with either strawberries or raspberries and a bit of maple syrup (real maple syrup, not table syrup that just fails). A few strips of bacon or a couple of sausages. A glass of either milk, chocolate milk or some berry-related juice.
Lunch: New England clam chowder or French onion soup. Grilled cheese sandwich with pepperjack cheese and bacon (particularly if I didn't have bacon in the morning) or grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, cheddar, mushrooms and spicy mayo. Glass of iced tea, and maybe a banana muffin or an apple turnover.
Dinner: Lemon pepper fish (I'm not picky, but cod is good) with a side of roasted baby potatoes, green beans and a little asparagus. Or a whole lot of garlic shrimp over rice (white or brown, I'm not picky) or in a stir-fry. Or...

Damn it. Now I'm really hungry.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-03-21 21:15:01

@Jayde, I love seafood!  Give me some fried Calamari any day of the year and I'll gladly go to town on it!  Shame seafood is generally so expensive...
@Dark, scotch eggs sound rather interesting and practical... I'll have to try that at some point if only for the experience.  To this day I have yet to have any Indian food, curries or otherwise.  Ultimate burger kitchen?  That sounds like something I wouldn't personally pass up, but then again I've always been a huge fan of burgers, though I confess that I personally like it when places focus more on the meat rather than trying to sell me the biggest most loaded burger they can just because because.  A big burger with bland meat is not worth my time or my money!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-03-22 03:45:45 (edited by turtlepower17 2019-03-22 03:54:29)

All this talk of seafood is making me hungry, and I just ate dinner not that long ago. Jade, your cod idea sounds heavenly. I'm a big fan of seafood myself, although unfortunately I have to be careful how much shellfish I eat. I don't have a full-blown allergic reaction to it, but it can sometimes cause me to get ulcers in my mouth if I eat too much of it. At least it doesn't cause severe nausea anymore as it used to do when I was little, that really sucked.

Calamari is something I've never actually tried, although I'm curious about it. What's the texture like? I'd think it would be a bit rubbery. Does it have a strong ocean taste, or is it more mild?

As for Buffalo Wild Wings, I enjoy their garlic hot sauce the most, although the mango jabanero is also extremely good. I tried Blazin' sauce only once, and that was enough for me. I tend to agree that heat for its own sake is generally not all it's cracked up to be. Once, a long time ago when I was first getting into eating spicy foods, my dad bought this sauce called Ass In the Tub. I have no idea who the manufacturer was or if it still exists, but it was awful. Not only was it unbearably hot, it also tasted like straight plastic. But, for people who are interested in challenging their taste buds, might I recommend having a look around Vat19? I've never actually ordered any of their food products, but a lot of the things they sell look downright interesting. I think that if I actually decided to go through with getting anything from them, I'd spend a ridiculous amount of money, so I've never indulged. I know about them because I purchased a gift from there for my niece a couple of years ago, but their food products are, as I said, quite intriguing, and the category they have specifically for spicy stuff looks punishing. Here's a link in case anyone wants to see for themselves.

https://www.vat19.com/category/Spicy-Stuff

Well, dinner for us tonight was pork chops, mashed potatoes, and peas. My dad made a mushroom gravy with red wine and shallots, and it was quite tasty, although we both agreed that the red wine flavor was just a tad too prominent. All in all though, it was enjoyable, even if I'm not the biggest fan of peas, but if you douse them in gravy or eat them with a bite of whatever else is on your plate, they're not too bad.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-03-22 04:05:22

I just had a hot fudge sundae!
I love them, but I forget about them for some reason. So it had been four years or so since I had one.

My Ideal Food Day
Breakfast
bacon
biscuits - good flaky buttery biscuits
strawberries and cream
water, and a glass of chocolate milk

Lunch
smoked brisket
potato salad
baked beans
roasted vegetables - broccoli, peppers, squash, onions, sweet potatoes, etc.
water

Snack
molten chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream

Supper
cheese enchiladas
roasted pavlano peppers with chicken and cheese
sopapillas
Diet Coke

2019-03-22 04:47:00

From the few times I've had kalamari, I don't remember it having much of a flavor at all. I didn't really care for it. On the other hand, I could eat crayfish and shrimp all the time. I also had some flame grilled oysters once when I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. They were delicious. They were like eating very tender pieces of steak, and they had that strong seafood taste.

Spiciness for its own sake doesn't impress me. I will happily scarf down something that makes my eyes water and my nose run, but not if it has no flavor to back up the heat. That's the main reason I never get the blazin wings from B-Dubbs. They just tasted like pain the one time I had them. To me, the mango habanero wings strike a nice balance between heat and flavor. As for Ass in the Tub, the name by itself would make that a no go for me. The spicy stuff on vat19 looks awesome, but it may be above my tolerance level. I may have to bite the bullet some time and find out.

@45: That dinner sounds amazing except for the peas. I'm not a big fan of peas either.

2019-03-22 11:24:04

I've been seeing all these posts that have bacon in them, and I've been wanting some more and more every time it's mentioned. Speaking of that, how do you all like your bacon? Some people like it nice and crispy while others find the floppy, saturated with fat strips preferable. If you're good at making bacon, then you'll know how to fry it just right, where it's the perfect blend between crispy and soft. That reminds me, a while ago, I used to buy salt pork, which is supposed to be used to add some extra flavor to some dishes, I think, and I'd just throw that in the skillet and eat it plain like that. It was dang good.
Anyway, here would be my ideal meals for any given day.
breakfast: Some fluffy pancakes lightly topped with butter. 2 eggs sunny-side up, and a couple of sausage patties, (or hash browns, whichever I'm in the mood for)
lunch: A juicy burger with a side of garlic mashed potatoes.
Snack: Now, I don't know if anybody's ever tried this before, and it may not sound  like it, but it is really, really good. Salami wraps: 1 piece of salami wrapped around a moderate amount of cream cheese. They're  amazing but rather unhealthy, which is why I never hardly eat them.
Supper: Pork chops or a roast, the kind you toss in the crock pot and let cook all day, nicely salted and with a healthy dose of pepper. Side of green beans, corn, and maybe a baked potato.
Dessert: Oreo cheesecake.
Oh man. I can't express just how much I love cheesecake. It's amazing. Especially if it's from the cheesecake factory (which is actually a restaurant that serves really good, really large meals, along with the a-formentioned cake. The cake is so huge you gotta buy it by the slice!) And I would get it from there way more if it wasn't so dang expensive. But cheesecake is the best dessert around, in my opinion. But that's not to say it's my favorite. Derby pie is pretty amazing as well, as is dirt pudding (without the optional worms).

-

2019-03-22 18:56:43

@Turtlepower, post 45, I'm with ya on the peas.  I do the same with many other greens, actually, even if I do like them.  If I have mashed potatos with gravy I'll usually throw the corn in just because I get both done at once and taste is pretty good anyway.  peas though?  Ug, they're... Special!

2019-03-23 05:25:11 (edited by Dark 2019-03-23 05:26:52)

@Nocturnus funny you mention seafood being expensive. Britain is of course an island, and I've heard there is no part of Britain that is more than 80 miles from the sea, so there is a lot of fish over here, something my lady approves of since she really enjoys fish.

One  thing I found odd in pensylvania is over there samon was considered a luxury fish, whilst we had crab cakes quite frequently, whilst in England crab is rather expensive, but salmon is really common.

As to calamari, it very much depends firstly on where you get them and secondly on how they're cooked. I didn't care for them the first time I had them, since they were cooked too long and went rubbery, but then I went to Griece and got some fresh caught ones in olive oil that were just plane heavenly.
Now I have them fairly often, they're one of my favourite starters at our lovely local Italian restaurant.

@Mirage, one question I do have is about fudge since that was a rather odd cultural misunderstanding with my lady. Over here fudge is like an extremely sweet caramel stuff which either comes as a liquid, or as a solid chewable stuff, where as my lady said in america "fudge" basically meant extra chocolate, or peanut butter or something, which seems sort of odd to me.

Ice cream I don't go nuts on, but I like it occasionally if its properly maid, said Italian also does lovely gelato, as well as woffles topped with gelato, chocolate sauce and other goodies, albeit I can't have those all the time since they tend to be bloody humungus! big_smile.

As to bacon, one other cultural difference I noticed in the states, is that over  it seems much more common to do bacon so crispy that we'd consider it burned. For me, I prefer my bacon lightly grilled so that it actually tastes like meat, indeed occasionally I will go and make a good old bacon butty (that is a bacon sandwich), on  george forman, usually with some bbq sauce or sometimes ketchup.

Actually I'm rather wanting one now big_smile.

@Thatguy, yes I've had those salami wraps before, though personally since I always fancy things hot I'd rather put the cream chese and salame on a toasty I think. A favourite sandwich topping (hot or cold), for me is cream cheese and good smoked gammon.

Yesterday evening I did chicken Kievs, roast potatoes and beans, we were going to have steamed vedge but the vedge had gone off due to us being longer at my parents than I planned.
For those who don't know, chicken kievs are chicken breasts, wrapped in bread crumb with garlic sauce stuffed inside, and are something i'm quite fond of.

As to a perfect day menu, the reason I haven't replied is that there are so many things I like its really hard to narrow things down, particularly since there are things which are nice everyday things, and then there are things you have specially perhaps just once or twice which are awesome and make for a memory, like the occasion I went to hester blumenthal's resteraunt and had octipus rizotto with octipus ink, or said unusual sausage meal I mentioned earlier in this topic.

but I'll have a think and see if I can come up with at least a vague selection.