2019-03-08 09:55:40

I thaught the max number of items was 65. Will look into that when I can. I do know what you mean though, last night when we were on your server it lagged real bad.

2019-03-08 11:37:27

but do i have to close the game to be admin and restart the server

Thumbs up

2019-03-08 11:44:38

No, you don't need to restart the server. You'll need to relogin though if you were already connected. Try using one of the commands in commands.txt to make sure you did it right.

2019-03-08 17:28:55

It appears the maximum number of items is now 65. I think this should be lowered to 50.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 14:39:12

so guys, i want your opinions on this. I'm thinking of possibly ripping out the points system intirely. It doesn't seem fair at all for one thing with the stat increases, and i think titles could be used much more practicly elsware, ranks for instance. What do you think.

2019-03-09 15:13:57

u take point systom and shov it up ass? shov up ass today and me say yaaaay. shov it up ass!

------
Post brought to you by me.
Feel free to send me an email, contact me, or visit my Gitthub at pwilsontsgakssb.

2019-03-09 16:48:11

What can I do if my server does not  auto update? It works fine, but every once in a while it tells us that a new version is found and to reconnect after 30 seconds, however I don't think anything is updated properly so we have to terminate the game and reconnect each 5 minutes. Can I somehow get the updated version manually?

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 20:39:31

grab it from http://ims-productions.com/sbp/SBPServer.exe

2019-03-09 21:36:41

Hi, yes you can remove the points system. we can just run and walk as we like maby?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-03-09 21:44:20

if you mean a thing where the user just presses left or right to walk and they can do it as slow or fast as they want like in stw, sorry but na. Think about it, someone who's good with there fingers could just button mash all day and move at lightning speed where as someone less able would end up walking pretty slow. Besides, that'd just introduce more button mashing which is really the last thing this game needs.

2019-03-09 21:49:34

Thanks, now all works. Is there some kind of readme for maps creation or is it even possible to have custom maps? Or maybe a map builder of some sorts?

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 22:00:00

Go play SBYW if you want a map creator. Don't be surprirsed if you tget banned though. Haha

Ivan

2019-03-09 22:03:24

The have never punished me foor no reason. On thhere, but i have seeen it done oonce or twice.

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 23:36:46

And now, we present to you, scrolling battles pro, version 2.0!
Quite a lot of changes in this version, including lots of new features for maps, tts messages, twitter support, and a lot more! Make sure you update your server with the new one in the release folder.
http://ims-productions.com/sbp/sbp.zip or via auto updater.

2019-03-09 23:45:38

Description: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /sbp/description.txt was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.38 (Ubuntu) Server at ims-productions.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-03-10 00:01:49

Wow, thanks for that unnecessary and immature attitude in the post talking about SBYW. Now you could also properly support your game and address whether you will be able to create custom maps you can use online instead of thinking I want a map builder alone?

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-10 00:15:38

Is 2.0 unplayable? After either creating an account or signing in, you get:
Compilation warning  dialog  file: . Line: 1. Syntax error.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 00:19:12

Yeah, guys, don't use /rawdata. It's pretty broken currently. nidza07, you'll need to play on another server until the main one gets fixed. As for creating custom maps, it's pretty simple, just see how the others are done and make them based on that. You have travelpoints and doors to work with as well, so

2019-03-10 00:35:22

w
1hen I run the adminfire.exe thing and log off and back on, it says connecting to localhost, witch is what I play on. then it says logging in, success, then it says uncharded area, then the game doesn't respond. please help.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 00:36:30

Everything is actually quite broken, so much that I wonder if anybody tested this update. The game runs way slower now even on my local server. Takes a second for the game to react on key presses like w, slash and so on. It also accused me of speedhacking just because I threw a bunch of bombs, which is pretty cool.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 00:44:28

The reason it's slowing like that is because of shit loads of items stacking up. I'm not sure how and why it started doing this, but we're trying to fix it.
Also, v 2.0.1 released, fixing a small but critical bug where the game wasn't killing sound sources properly apon loading of maps.
http://ims-productions.com/sbp/sbp.zip

2019-03-10 01:05:51

the change log states doors and travel points, would like to get the syntax for those, as well as signs just in case as nothing I've tried works, though I've not tried signs.

don't look back, cause you'll loose the road ahead.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 01:06:52 (edited by Chris 2019-03-10 01:31:02)

Is the server verification broken? I'm able to log into the 1.6 version with several older client versions even though it says it requires version 2.0 or greater.

The syntax for the new map features would be great to know, especially now that the sounds are packed into the executable and we can't extract them to see what's available. Finally, please add the ability to press p andh ear your points.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 03:58:15

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell everyone that I'm gonna step away from SBP's development. Nothing against anyone, but the game is just extreemly buggy and the code is a god damned mess.

Ivan

2019-03-10 14:15:44

ivan_soto wrote:

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell everyone that I'm gonna step away from SBP's development. Nothing against anyone, but the game is just extreemly buggy and the code is a god damned mess.

Amazing. Then, you have a better excuse for keep posting bad things about Mason as a developer, and all the things you don't like about his games.
I hope @cmerry will keep working on the project.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D