2019-03-06 16:27:13 (edited by cmerry 2019-03-17 11:21:42)

Hi all,
This is the new thread you can use to talk about the game, rather than the one by masonian. The current version of the game can be downloaded at,
http://cmerry.tk/sbp

Use the below link to get about 500 or so mb of extra dropbox space when you create an account.
https://db.tt/dDngEzFLo7

2019-03-06 17:12:19

hi
sorry but as this is ivan's website, it meens that ivan is one ov dev's?

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 17:13:26

@charlie: lol.

@mahdi, yes, ivan from untrustity audio is one of developers.

Coding is fun. You can how ever only code good if you have enough motivation to do so.

Give the new devs a motivation. Don't expect to much from their first steps cause after all they are new, but give them some chances.

2019-03-06 17:57:33

rofl

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 19:41:03

Hi.
When I go on multiplayer, I get the following message... Compilation warning  dialog  file: main. Line: 4. Syntax error.., and there is this person at the beginning of the map I can't kill.
But weirdly enough, when I go on offline mode, the same econ noise is playing right at the beginning of the map, and then after a while the game lags out before saying server unreachable, but I'm on singleplayer!
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks in advance.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
Don't forget to thumb up my posts :)

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 19:50:46

biggin of the map in all of servers was safe zone, big_smile
I dont know realy why you cant kill them, i'v had this problem too

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 20:58:06

Are the /move and /autoupdate functions disabled for versions of the server that are distributed with the program? I can't use either of these functions even though I'm an admin of the server. I wanted to make sure autoupdate was turned off as it seems to cause problems. I'll manually update the server from now on.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 21:06:28

of course he disabled autoupdate. So no one can stop his server from geting updates and he can keep his control up.

Coding is fun. You can how ever only code good if you have enough motivation to do so.

Give the new devs a motivation. Don't expect to much from their first steps cause after all they are new, but give them some chances.

2019-03-06 21:33:20

Simter, Mahdi-abedi and whoever else is participating in such posts as #8. Please stop.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-03-06 23:58:35

post9, huge thums up from me. The reason /move isn't available to admins was because we saw it being abused on multiple acasions and figured it would be more fair on people just trying to play the game if people couldn't just be bounced around the map, ya know? Not saying everyone used it like that, but the assholes tended to be the loudest.
As for auto update not being an option, part of the reason that doesn't work anymore was because of this hole custom server issue. we figured it would just be easier for everyone if servers would just be updated and the hosts wouldn't even have to lift a finger. Of corse this has been quite buggy over the last few days as you've probably seen, but it's been tested by me on localhost a good few times and it's working perfectly at least on my end.

Use the below link to get about 500 or so mb of extra dropbox space when you create an account.

2019-03-07 00:39:57

The reason I decided to leave the /move command from the admin commands is because a server host doesn't need those commands. All they need is /kick, /ban and the /setmotd and /addmotd commands. No need for /move

Ivan

2019-03-07 01:27:33 (edited by Chris 2019-03-07 01:28:55)

Ah, so the server should automatically update itself? We shall see how well it works. As for moving players, I understand where you're coming from. It has the potential to be abused and it's not really necessary.

You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 02:42:39

cmerry wrote:

post9, huge thums up from me. The reason /move isn't available to admins was because we saw it being abused on multiple acasions and figured it would be more fair on people just trying to play the game if people couldn't just be bounced around the map, ya know? Not saying everyone used it like that, but the assholes tended to be the loudest.
As for auto update not being an option, part of the reason that doesn't work anymore was because of this hole custom server issue. we figured it would just be easier for everyone if servers would just be updated and the hosts wouldn't even have to lift a finger. Of corse this has been quite buggy over the last few days as you've probably seen, but it's been tested by me on localhost a good few times and it's working perfectly at least on my end.

good move. people were abusing it on a server I was on recently.

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 04:01:00

Hey Chris, I am having trouble getting on your server. It tells me my account does not exist.  I enter my username and password and then it tells me that I can not reach the server.  What should I do?

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 04:37:51

I'm not sure. Try choosing sign in as again or try selecting another server and then go back to mine. That'd very odd. Ithink it's a bug in the program. The server seems to be working normally on my end.

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 05:06:08

Your account probably exists, however your password may be incorrect

Ivan

2019-03-07 05:16:48

sometimes i have to kill the process with win wizard and try logging in after.

-----------
I'm the true source of dark evil. Beware.
oh gad Would you just look over there? There, in the corner, right there...
Tell me who you walk with, and I'll tell you who you are.

2019-03-07 05:39:14

Thanks for the suggestions.  I ended up having to create a new account on every server.  Same Name, same Info and same email.  Must have about 4 or 6 accounts or so.  Not sure if the data is suppose to carry over to all servers.  My bad if I have to many accounts.  That was the only thing that would work.  I even tried to re-enter account info on all servers.

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 07:50:11

Here's another thought. How about putting the AI into the online mode? The AI could target other AI and/or players and make things more difficult. I love how the AI will randomly ignore you or other AIs.

The AI should be much stronger. Currently, they die in one hit.

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 08:56:45

Thanks for making this new topic.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

2019-03-07 09:27:04

At the moment we have a few options. I can rewirte the SBP server's code but I think as I was talking to Charlie last week, we might end up recoding it from scratch. This would fix a lot of bugs

Ivan

2019-03-07 14:26:15

whow do i use the adminefire.exe thing in the server folder on localhost

no signature

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 14:55:46

Just run it and enter the player to make admin. Kind of self explanatory, but yeah.

2019-03-08 05:09:49

Is the autoupdate feature broken or is it Wine? I was playing and was suddenly disconnected. When I tried to connect, it said the server was unreachable. When I logged into my VPS and tried to start the SBPServer.exe file from my screen session using Wine, I got a message saying wrong .exe type for SBPServer.exe and it wouldn't load. I had to manually download another copy of the server and load it. Everything seems to be working now, but I wonder if it's Wine or the update process itself?

Speaking of the server, you should consider lowering the maximum number of items to 100 or 50. Currently, way too many can accumulate and the game slows down.

Thumbs up

2019-03-08 06:42:04

yes iven, you should fix  the bugs of this game.

Thumbs up