2019-03-13 08:01:49

Hi,
Yes I understand that, What I don't understand is:
Say, a grid is 10 by 10 squares big, (x 10, y 10), so it's a 2D grid. Now, instead of saying:
for a in range(1,10,1):
sound.position=(a,0,0)
Why is that x number so high, (200). And what does incrementing by 64 mean?

Thumbs up

2019-03-13 08:20:28

Are we talking about the 3D audio example? The numbers for that are largely arbitrary, but served the particular purpose of demonstrating the panning effect. With the rolloff factor set low the distances needed to be larger to get the same panning effect, I'd set the Y position of the listener and the player at 240, no particular reason really. The listener's X position was set to 320, and the players X position to 0. Now this puts the player squarely on the left side of the listener, and in order for it to move over to the same position on the right side of the listener it needs to move to 640. I didn't want it to play constantly along the way so made it so it would play at 64 step intervals to play 10 times, plus another 64 for a total position of 704 because the player would also be in front of the listener at one point, which thinking about it might not be quite right, but eh.

Bottom line being, don't worry too much about the specifics of that particular example, its arbitrary and doesn't really matter.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

Thumbs up