2019-05-06 23:46:37

Don't overlook the decay challenge, even if you can't complete it.  It can definitely get you to zone 50 give or take 5 zones and the helium you gained in those two-three hours will have been worth it.  You can always give up on a challenge if needed.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-05-07 00:06:55 (edited by Valmorian 2019-05-07 00:22:32)

two questions how do you see what a challenge does, I clicked on it but must be missing something, and second I assume you can only use perks when you portal? I didn't see a way to save them without going through portalland, I also assume challenges start when you enter a portal?
and what is bounty? I see it in the achievs list
how do you increase helium per hour, and how do you check yours I saw it briefly but haven't seen it again
okay that was more than two questions lol

2019-05-07 00:54:14

Okay, let's go through these one at a time:
1. You see what a challenge does by first clicking on it, then scrowling up to read the paragraph just above it. It's not what some of us are used to, but once you know where to look you're fine.
2. The reason you can't upgrade perks yet is because (I assume) you're on your first run. Helium you get in your current run can't be used until after you've portalled. After you portal, you can use all the helium from previous runs, and you are able to reset and redistribute that helium among your perks once per run without having to portal.
3. Ah, you seem to have made the same mistake I did. Bounty is an upgrade you get by running a unique map called The Wall, which is unlocked when you make a map at or above z15. Bounty doubles your resource-gathering speed permanently for the run. Once I found out about this, I snagged it every single time as soon as I could. There are perks that help with resource-gathering too, but Bounty is a big help in the early game.
4. First of all, Helium per hour is just a measurement of how much helium you have gotten that run vs how many hours the run has taken. You can only get helium in a few ways, though certain perks and upgrades can boost the helium gained. The Helium per hour is shown in the science section, just above the Trimps heading (unless you have a turkimp active, in which case there is a timer showing how long the bonus from the turkimp will last).

I recommend checking out the Trimps wiki—it's got a lot  of useful information on there. smile

Here's the link to the new player guide, which is where I started from and answers a lot of questions newbies have. big_smile

2019-05-07 01:26:37

unless it disappears  if you don't use it, I prob saw it and used it it's not in my upgrades, and I completed the wall as soon as I unlocked it o well, I'll try again on my  second run
thanks  for all the help

2019-05-07 20:41:38 (edited by amerikranian 2019-05-07 20:43:09)

So I just did the size challenge, I must say, it's not bad. The only time I struggled was in zone 20, but that's expected. Seems like DOA and I have a love hate relationship, that is, DOA loves to be a pain in the ass while I hate it for that reason.
I have unlocked balance, but good lord it sounds difficult. That brings me to my first question, where would my imbalance stacks show up? I have a feat to get through the imbalance challenge without having more than 100 stacks, so knowing where I can see the total for my stacks  will be useful.
The second issue is this: I have also unlocked the first science challenge, but good grief! That's like a shot to the head! I have been hitting my limit at zone 37-38, meaning that my pace slows down to the point where I progress maybe one zone a day do to the upgrades and such, so does anyone have any tips? I want to keep going because I know there is more stuff to unlock, but I literally can't because the perk that decreases the cost of equipment eats a lot of helium, something I never seem to get enough of.
To anyone wondering, the farthest I have made it to is zone 40, and that is after 2 days waiting for my resources to restock so I can buy me some better shields.

2019-05-07 20:55:25

Well, if it helps, I can post where my perks are at too. Maybe those of you who have gotten further have suggestions?

Meditation: 0
Relentlessness: 1
carpentry: 11
Artisanistry: 10
Range: 10
Agility: 4
Bait: 0
Trumps: 0
Pheromones: 2
Packrat: 6
Motivation: 17
Power: 13
Toughness: 13
Looting: 20

thanks,
Michael

2019-05-07 22:19:58

ok so i just built some wormholes. yes i'm going to go passed z40 this time. i want to keep going to see just how far i can get. well idealy i would like to get to z45 at the least so i can unlock the next challenge.

2019-05-08 20:02:29

ok so i got to z46, unlocked the balance challenge and am doing that now. any tips on how to best do that challenge?

2019-05-08 20:17:26

Do a few zones, then run a low level map like the block to get rid of balance stacks, then repeat.
The 135% damage in maps isn't so scary, or even noticeable.

2019-05-08 20:22:14

at what level should i do that? what about the default map you get at z6? i like that purely from the point of view that it gives you all 3 resources as a boost. i'm doing it among other things because i need the helium. i thought i could go far on the last run but i spent IMO too much on wormholes. i won't make that mistake again. it's keeping up with the coordination upgrades that was the problem. i really need to boost that carpentry pirk more. i take it you can boost that as far as you want or does it get to a point whereby it's not worth boosting it?

2019-05-08 20:30:53

You can boost carpentry as much as you want.
Keep in mind it compounds, which means the more you buy, the faster it increases with each purchase.
You only start getting balance stacks at zone 6 or so, so at zone 8 might be a good time to rerun tricky paradise and rid yourself of those stacks, since they reduce health.

Personally, I don't do balance much anymore, the rewards of helium that I get don't go far towards the thousands I need, hmm

2019-05-08 21:09:31

so how else do you get helium then? what do you do that you find successful?

2019-05-08 21:48:13

At higher zones, the bosses at the end of each zone drop a lot more helium.
You need at least 3 digits to count the amounts, sometimes 4!

2019-05-08 21:55:07

for sure. sounds good. i must admit though i'm starting to think that if i was to simply run the balance challenge every time i wanted to do a plain run through then it would be more rewarding anyway for the helium benifits. am already close to z10. it's amazing how quickly you can zip through zones and using the stacks purely to gain res ok that slows you down initially but it does allow for gaining res quicker.

2019-05-09 09:50:19

hi all,

is there a way i can force the game to do an online save? i know it does one every 30 minutes but i want to change machines without having to go back too far in the game.

2019-05-09 15:16:26

another question if i may,

how much Nullifium do i need to either upgrade an airloom or add additional slots? unless i'm missing something i can't seem to be able to do it at the moment. so far i have 25 Nullifium.

2019-05-09 16:17:17

@490
I don't use this myself, but there is something in settings.

@491
The upgrade x 1 button when you've selected an Heirloom will say how much NU you need to upgrade it.

By the way guys, I started the electricity challenge after getting to z 85 and it's kinda scary how fast the enemies kill my giant Trimps, even at zone 1.
Any advice?

2019-05-09 16:23:36

@492, i'm not seeing an upgrade button though. that's the thing.

2019-05-09 17:21:30

It'll show up at the bottom of the page when you click on an Heirloom.
They show up as a button too, labeled for example 'Uncommon shield'
Click it and you'll get a pop up.

2019-05-09 19:03:12

yes i click on the button it has equip or unequip next to it depending but i can't seem to find anything else.

2019-05-09 19:42:20

Look for a level 5 heading named 'rename heirloom'
Under that you can buy upgrades.

2019-05-09 20:20:42

ok thanks for that. i found that and you can even replace mods. that's handy. ok so what about adding slots? i still can't work that one out.

2019-05-09 20:41:53

So I made it to zone 39, again. Trouble is, I'm beginning to struggle with coordination upgrades. Struggle isn't the right word, I can't afford them anymore without using helium. Thing is, that will eat the available amount of helium to spend, so I want to ask y'all's advice. Should I invest in wormholes? My fear is investing and the investment not paying off.

2019-05-09 20:44:28

I have that same issue, although I invested in 25 or so which got me comfortably to zone 47, then I have been farming the balance challenge the last few days hopefully to push carpentry up to the point I don't need many if any wormholes. How people got to zone 60 though I have no idea. I am playing pretty regularly and zone 47 seems to be my current sticking point.

thanks,
Michael

2019-05-09 21:00:48

You need to make many little jumps to get to zone 60.
But yeah, carpentry is! A great perk.
I buy 25 wormholes at zone 40 or so each run, then no more.
I've gotten to zone 85, and I probably had 10 missing coordination upgrades then, ugh.