2021-05-21 00:10:21 (edited by Rashad 2021-05-21 00:12:10)

My reply was specifically about your face, and you saying that you find that it's still rough after you shave.
Honestly, I don't know, I've only ever used a trimmer for body hair, because I only want some of it gone. That cream from up thread could help you on your body, just don't put it on your junk unless you want a world of trouble. Or you could get everything waxed, which will last longer and hurt a lot.
I know  women shave intimate areas with razors, but I've never asked other men if they do the same. I'm guessing you could, it would just be really annoying.

2021-05-21 00:25:54

Yeah just the thought of it scares the hell out of me. I wanted to mention it on this thread earlier, but I felt a little uncomfortable bringing it up. It is a problem though.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2021-05-21 07:32:15 (edited by mastodont 2021-05-21 07:33:42)

Shaving your most sensible parts such as the groin can be done with a regular razor though it's a bit tricky and you can easily cut yourself. I've done it in the past a few times but the skin down there is very sensitive so you will most likely get rashes that will swell and itch a lot. For this reason I switched to using hair removal cream for the body and I find it a much smoother experience. If you decide to use cream though, pay attention to which kind of cream you have. There are creams that must be left for 10 minutes or even more on the zone in question for it to fully take effect and there are creams for which 5 minutes is more than enough. If you leave it on too much you will be in a lot of pain, and you might even get chemical burns which can hurt a lot. When using cream there is a fine line between not leaving it on too much and not getting all the hair removed or leaving it on too much and being in a lot of pain so be very carefull with it and read the instructions carefully.
As for the face, I would never apply cream there because it can go wrong quickly. Just immagine that you move your hand a bit and don't notice it and some of the cream gets on to your head, you will have patches of hair that will fall off. I use a normal razor for the face and have no issues with it whatsoever, just get a good foam and you will be okay. Going against hair-growth is the best way of removing even the stubble. If you get rashes after shaving then it's time to look for a new foam, we all have different skin type so what is good for one might not be good for the other, you just have to try untill you find the perfect one for you.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2021-05-21 07:38:12

There are specialized trimmers for pubic hair. There's one called Manscape or something.

2021-05-21 08:58:08

If you use a electric shaver you don't need to worry about cutting yourself. Irritating the skin can happen if you do it too hard but you won't get cut if using a electric shaver. Although it is worth noting that with electric shavers you have to shave constantly as sometimes when your facial hair gets too long it might not cut properly. I cannot speak as far as using razers as I use electric shavers myself, but those are my two sents anyway.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2021-05-21 10:18:53

Yeah I have Manscaped, it still pinches a lot.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2021-05-21 15:55:52

ehh, its easy to do the pubic hair with razor if you know what your doing. takes less time than say, using those creams
and most of those creams smell like shit.

2021-05-22 10:41:15 (edited by kianoosh 2021-05-22 10:43:08)

At 43 I don't know if that's exactly the thing I use because the ones I use are not extremely sharp and the possibility of cutting your face using them is much less than regular blades. It's either that, Or since I've been using them from the start I'm really, really used to them.
Oh and I've always cut all kind of hair with the razors I mentioned before. Used the hair removal cream only once and I doubt if I'm going to use those stuff again. Razors are much easier and faster for me, although that might be, again, how much I'm used to them.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2021-05-22 21:21:49 (edited by Reza.jdp 2021-05-22 21:22:32)

If i tend to fully shave my face, I'd use regular razor with shaving cream.
@33
I use what's called "After Shave" when i'm done shaving my face. It's really good for preventing bacterial effects after clean shaving.

Check out Sonorous Arts on GitHub: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/

2021-05-22 23:21:08

That sounds nice. I think those things calm the skin a little bit don't they. I will definitely go after one of them after shaves I really could use one especially when I shave in a hurry

---

2021-05-22 23:52:23

@60
Yes they do. They clean the skin thus preventing bacterial infection up to a significant extent as well.
They also help minor scratches caused by shaving heal quicker as well as preventing the skin from swelling.

Check out Sonorous Arts on GitHub: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/

2021-05-23 07:26:47

Sounds lovely

---

2021-05-25 17:45:37

Guys, the most serious problem I have when shaving is dealing with sideburns. How do you keep it at a strait line?

:)

2021-05-26 05:32:12 (edited by kianoosh 2021-05-26 05:34:27)

I believe You get better at it only by practice. I used to mess up at first but now I do it perfectly ok. I run my index finger below  the sideburn to make sure it's straight and shave off any extra bit of hair if it's not. To make sure both sideburns are shaved to a same level I keep comparing them by using the same finger and the same hand. It works better than comparing with both hands. Oh and you want to consider a bone or something of that sort so that you cut up to  a certain point relative to the considered point and no further, so you won't run into problems while comparing sideburns.

---