2019-02-18 05:23:42

Hello,
I am trying to create a online play for CrazyParty and am using port 2500, since I am not the best at port forwarding. However, I am not able to connect to my friend and the other way around. In other words, neither of us can connect to each other, but we can connect to other players. What is the solution to fix this problem?

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2019-02-18 14:37:07

Did you properly forward UDP port 2500 to your computer? If not, your firewall will drop the packets. Also make sure you've allowed Crazy Party through Windows Firewall.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-18 15:24:27

How do I forward the ports? When I login to the router, and go to port forwarding, It asks for the host, internal and external ports. What do I put for those?

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2019-02-18 17:55:39

well easy way download port forwarder from masonasons.me, then extract it and forward the ports. Then enable cp in firewall and there we go!

Yours kindly

2019-02-18 18:06:12

some old routers  doesn't support UPNP so the   built in miniupnp or mason's port forwarder will not work

2019-02-19 07:01:10

When you log into your router and go to port forwarding, it should ask for your IP address (probably host in this case), internal and external ports, and the protocol to forward.  So, for internal/external ports, put in 2500, or if you want to forward a range, do that, and choose either UDP or TCP/UDP under protocol.  I am assuming that "host" is meant to take your IP address, so type that there.  To find your IP address, open a command prompt and type the following:
ipconfig
If you have trouble navigating the command prompt window with your screen reader, type the following to output the info to a text file:
ipconfig > c:\filename.txt
In case your screen reader isn't set to read punctuation, that's ipconfig, then a greater than sign, then the path and filename of your choice.  Putting it in root C is easiest, so something like c:\IP.txt.  Open that file with notepad, navigate down to the network adaptor listing for your connection, usually something like "wireless local area connection," and you'll find your IP address there.  It should be listed as IVP4, and since you are behind a router, will probably be a private address beginning with 192.168, or in some cases with 10.0.  Hope that helps.