2019-02-16 19:10:07

Hello,

Does anybody know how to get a username for screenlounge.tv? You have to use the mailing list, but the mailing list is pretty mysterious given the site doesn't have a link to it anywhere.

2019-02-16 19:28:01 (edited by serrebi 2019-02-16 19:42:52)

Maybe ask the guy on Twitter?:  I did a Google search and found another thread that says the mailing list is closed to new sign ups. Here's his Twitter.
https://twitter.com/pd90

2019-02-16 22:23:48

The mailing list is closed for signups, you have to be on the list in order to get an user and a password for the screen lounge.tv site. It's a great list though, I wonder why they have chosen to not offer the ability to sign up anymore.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2019-02-16 22:38:28

It's a great way to keep spam down, that's for sure.

2019-02-17 01:12:33

Yep. I imagine between that and the legality concerns are probably the main reasons which definitely sucks. Even blind mice seems to be down so short of knowing someone who can give you access to described stuff there's really not too much option that I know of which is definitely not okay. sad

2019-02-17 02:58:02

@Mastodont any chance you could share your access with me, or re-upload certain stuff on request please? I'm looking for a few tv shows.

2019-02-17 04:33:55

It uses sendspace for all of its files, so you can simply post what you want and whoever has access can go find it on screenlounge and give you the link.

2019-02-17 04:36:30

@3: It's the best way to protect themselves. The way I understand it, everyone on there now is loyal and has been there for years. It's like an elite crew. But yeah, if you didn't get in before they closed it, you probably won't get in.

2019-02-17 05:19:07

That's really sad Imho.

2019-02-17 22:35:25

Disagreed. I like that these lists are starting to close to new members especially after I'm seeing Netflix shows popping up on these sites. For years and years, the argument--how we blinks justified pirating content--was that there was no central, easy way to obtain described content. But the fact that even Netflix originals are being pirated shows that in the end we're just too cheap to support a $7.99 monthly subscription plan and encourage Netflix to further its audio description journey.

I get excited when a show I hear about is a Netflix original because we can almost guarantee that it's described. And it kills me when I see the same described show floating around some bootleg site somewhere.

2019-02-17 23:12:43

Are you aware that not every country has the same shows audio described on Netflix?

2019-02-17 23:45:09

Munawar. I'm currently paying for two services that support audio description. Netflix and amazon prime.

Believe me, if there is a way for me  to pay for described shows  from other studios such as HBO, CW, Fox and others. I'd gladly pay for them since I'm unable to watch such shows in my country.
Best regards.

2019-02-17 23:49:22

Yes. Sadly though HBO and Fox haven't followed Netflix's lead in making their described content available for streaming, so all of us are out of luck there. Also, from what I'm seeing, Netflix does their description "right" as opposed to other networks.

2019-02-18 11:11:46

Hi,
As usual, folks are forgetting a key fact. Not everyone is in the United States.

I'd more than happily pay the subscription fee to these services. As it is, netflix Canada has raised their prices and I get access to maybe half as much as the US (at least it feels like). And with netflix cracking down on VPNs (and losing out on money in the process, probably) if I did have the opertunity I'd have no issue getting content I otherwise couldn't from elsewhere (and this is, again, coming from a paying customer).

I also don't have access to described amazon prime content. We do however get a few described shows here and there (again, not like the US). That being said, I support everything that has described content - netflix included. The new thing seems to be coming out with a subscription service for every provider - soon, we'll be paying more for all of these services than we were for cable. At least we can pick and choose when and what we watch, but still. Sheesh.

I don't look forward to apple's new (apparently) upcoming subscription service. I have no doubt it will start at $12.00 because apple.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2019-02-18 16:34:51

And some of us don't live in countries that has Netflix at any price. Remember, Netflix isn't worldwide, it didn't come to Australia until very recently.

2019-02-18 18:41:49 (edited by serrebi 2019-02-18 18:44:07)

Also, and this is a big factor: Shows that have description like heartland have 0 description on Netflix, at least in Canada. So what do they expect to happen? If you guys haven't heard of
http://***
check it out for described content. It doesn't have everything, but it's better than nothing.