2019-02-16 03:28:07 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-16 03:30:47)

I'm glad to see that this game is liked and still played as a funny time killer.
I'm just watching Liam playing in his stream and randomly came up with posting this topic.
I first didn't understand why Swamp introduced left and right panning limits, but now I do. I'm willingly implement it.
And I thought that someone else might have something they wanted to say to that game, or to me. Please throw your thoughts here, if you have any. It may be interesting to rewrite it with Python to support mac. I actually have one, so I can test.
Oh, Liam's stream has just ended. Thanks Liam.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-02-16 03:30:38

Oh yes. Oh yes. That would be so nice if it supported Mak! Yes yes yes!

2019-02-16 03:50:21

I'd love to see an update to this one myself as I tend to pull it out when I want to waste five minutes.
I'd really like a way to change the music volume, and also perhaps a different background music track for the game as opposed to the main menu, indeed having an actual menu rather than being asked questions by Sapi might be nice.
Also who wouldn't be up for more screams? big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-16 03:54:32 (edited by Chris 2019-02-16 03:56:40)

How feasible would multiplayer be? It might be fun to either team up with other players to see how far you can get, or maybe to attack each other and just cause chaos? I love this game for the simple fact that it satisfies my urge to hit things and take out my frustration.

Here's my recent recording of the game. You might enjoy it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icFnOEDaHSY

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-16 04:04:20

Dark,
The music volume can be changed with PGUP/DN or home/end, but it's undocumented. One of the things I have to address.
As for screams, it'd be fun if I conducted a kinda "screaming contest! just scream, yell, fart, meow, whatever, and post!". lol
Chris,
If Someone or I can come up with the specifics, multiplayer is also possible with the central-server type. What I'm not sure is how they team up.

2019-02-16 04:13:11 (edited by Chris 2019-02-16 04:14:01)

For the multiplayer mode, I was thinking it would be fun to allow more than one player to participate in a match. More players would mean you could take out more enemies and potentially last longer. I assume the game increases in speed and number of enemies until it's literally impossible to continue? I don't know, these are just my thoughts.

I'd love to try my hand at recording some screams. I may not be very good, but it would still be amusing to try. I'm glad you're thinking about updating the game. Even though it's such a simple concept, I have a lot more fun than I thought I would. I'm glad I picked it back up.

2019-02-16 07:00:30 (edited by Stormy 2019-02-16 07:00:45)

I don't really have any ideas for adding more content to the game, but I wanted to say that I really like how the music speeds up as the game goes along. It really adds an urgency to the game, and it's always surprising to hear how fast the music gets before you lose compared to how it started in the beginning. smile

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-02-16 08:36:42

hi, I don't know if anyone else knows about this but in the current version, if you get to a high number of enemies on the screen, you get a bgt runtime error. If you ever update screaming strike, it would be great if you could fix this error...

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-02-16 08:45:06 (edited by Dark 2019-02-16 08:47:31)

Hmmm, pg up and down and home and end aren't working for me for some reason which is strange.

Screaming contest would rock though, my lady and I would both be up for that, though the response from our neighbours could be interesting if we did it at the wrong time big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-16 08:50:42

A couple things.

1. For multiplayer, make the width of the screen six lanes instead of three, and increase it by three per player with probably no more than three or four players at the same time. Each player can manage three lanes and cooperate to help each other out. But realistically, the number of players onscreen can't be too high.
2. Screaming contest. Heck yes! I would defnitely record my own if given the chance.
3. I think, like in many arcade games, powerups should be announced by a voice, and in this type of game, a deep, echoing voice in both English and Japanese to add even more humour. Check out this example from another funy arcade game based on hockey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFEd4SLOJus&t=3m45s
4. Combine Japanese and English versions to make one distributable and as dark said, more speech options.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-02-16 09:47:58

hi
1: skreeming contest: I can do that if I am alown at home; yeah: it meens I can rekord it
2: multyplayer: in multyplayer; all players joind on the server; will devyted in to 2 sections: e.g.; when you first connect to the server; you chose what team do you want to fight: and then; you will have to attack other players teams: but that doesnt meen there is not an enemy hu attack bothe teams! they will randomly chose a team; just like players and attack the other team: 3: I hope you guys go well!

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-02-16 11:15:19

Hi.
An updated version of the game would be amazing. Especially if it supports the Mac as well.
I love the ideas which has been posted so far. Here are some more ideas:
1. Achievements, and lots of them.
2. Boss fights.
3. Combos which could work like this: If there are more than one enemy, you can do a special combo, which for example grabs the first enemy, do some punches and throws the enemy into the others which kills them all. Finishers could be amazing as well. Maybe a feature where combos and finishers can be unlocked.
4. Voice chat for multiplayer gaming.
5. Release the server to the public so people can host their own servers. That would be useful for those who don't speak english. Either that, or make support for language rooms.
6. Text chat as well.
It would be amazing if some of those ideas will be implemented in a new release.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-02-16 12:19:36

grate idea, continu it: how about bk4? can you create it?

2019-02-16 12:32:40

I dont think bk4 woodbe created

2019-02-16 12:43:10

lol Nyanchan already stated a few times that there won't be a fourth bd game. So... I guess it's time for the next large game from him? :d

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-02-16 14:18:05

Hello,
The one fix ı would recommend is that there are some silences at the beginnings of some screams. You should edit those.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-02-16 14:58:20

I agree that the multiplayer should be limited to maybe three players per game. I assume the server can host multiple games at once? I also second the idea of distributing the server application with the game. This would let others host backup servers in the event the primary one goes down.

2019-02-16 16:49:28

Let's not get too wild here... the game isn't meant to be a complex action game with combos and the like. Part of what makes this game awesome is how rediculously simple it is. Let's try and keep that in mind. lol I would like to see destruction powerups come up more often, especially the further you get.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-02-16 17:17:24 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-16 17:19:29)

Wow wow wow wow wow, I thought the number of posts was 5 when I last checked this topic, and what? Thanks everyone for so many ideas.
I still can't announce that I'd do multiplayer though, other fixes / improvements are very likely to come.
@BoundTo:
A bug I'm aware of at the moment is that the music speeds down down down down down and stops if you defeat too many enemies and die. I don't think even the developer will reach that point though.
@connor:
I know. The embarassing fact is that I was thinking that BGT arrays had no support of insert method because HSP (the language I used for most of my games) was so. And I made some mistake and the out-of-bounds brake doesn't work and boom. 7 years ago.
@Dark:
It might have been what I was asked and privately gave to some people. If either of them doesn't work, it's not your computer's bug or hardware issues. I don't think that it's because there're snacks stack between your keyboard or whatever.
@Clement
The contest. Seems like many people here would be in. Sounds fun!
3. I'd gladly add voices if there's a volanteer. As I mentioned a few lines below, I'm designing a new game and I'm spending most of my budget there. One problem is though, "blurred" cannot be pronounced in Japanese accent. And some of other words are considered as high-level words (university level) in Japan. Japanese players are familiar with メガトンパンチ, ボーナスポイント and ブースト, but シュリンク is high-school level and ペネトレーション is university level. Blurred should be pronounced as ブラード I think, but meh... It's a difficult word for Japanese.
4. exactly.
@mongoo_4044:
I'd rather stick with cooperation this time, if I'll do multiplayer.
@slj:
It might need some consideration in order to keep the current consept alive though, thanks for your ideas. It's always said that ideas mustn't be trapped by existing facts / systems or negative assumptions. I'm not good at that because I'm a programmer, by the way. Of course I will make the server program downloadable if I actually make one.
@mahdi
Sorry, no bk(bd)4. Bye bye my young and modified voices and that scream. Oh, that scream isn't included in Screaming Strike. lol!
@Conner again:
Your guess is right. I'm designing a new game and the plot / mechanics have gotten pretty solid. But the problem is that I've decided to develop from a new game engine, hopefully for that game and following games I'd develop. And it's taking sooooooooooo long. 2 years has passed already. As it is determined that I'll be working as a software engineer from 2020, game development will completely be what I can do using only my spare time. A very, very long way.
@burak
I fixed most of them when I excibited the game to Tokyo Game Show last year (yes, I actually did). So, they will be automatically applied as soon as I release a new update.

2019-02-16 17:46:20

panning limits is my main complaint, but I've already explained why on stream. It is quite a fun game though.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-02-17 02:48:08 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-17 02:48:35)

Yeah, I finally understood what would make the gameplay friendlier to you. Thanks.

2019-02-17 03:21:12

it would be cool, if you can’t already, make your own enemies for screaming strike. Maybe foot step, torrent I guess? And it does sound good before to change, as well as the music. I can’t wait to see how this new game turns out, I’ve played all be key games, and I can’t wait for what comes next in your little game collection. Thank you.

2019-02-17 04:03:16

To the swamp, same idea, especially when I'm bored and don't have nothing to doo...

73 Wj3u

2019-02-17 06:19:26

@nyanchan, if you need assistance voice acting please let me know. Both my lady and I have on stage experience and would be happy to voice act for the satisfaction of doing it, though manifestly neither of us speaks Japanese big_smile.
We'd also be interested in the scream contest as well.

As to ideas, I agree with assault freak. One really nice thing about Screaming strike is you can stick it on now and just get out some frustration with no need to embark on a complex game. If there are updates I'd prefer something more like trophies, stat counts, maybe cash to buy items etc than changing the game with combos and the like.

2019-02-17 08:08:52

hello
@ 19: if you want skreeming sounds for the game: let me no! I have a lot of them: and I can rekord them all and bring it to you; thanks