2019-02-15 14:50:27

Hi!
So, as the title says, I'd like to get into making my own music. I just don't know where to start...
I don't have the money nor resources to record physical instraments, but I've heard of people attaching sounds to keys on a keyboard, and I think that's where I should start? I'm still not sure.
If it helps, I think I've gotten decent at sound designing, but I have no expirience with reaper, witch I should fix.. Just don' tknow where to start with reaper.
If anyone could offer advice or help, I'd be vary thankful.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-15 15:13:48

make one drom machine with bgt and start

2019-02-15 15:24:57

Mahdi, that isn't enough for producing music. Well, i don't have a midi keyboard, so ehh, you might get an fl studio and record with audacity.

2019-02-16 00:57:47

If you look back in this forum room for a little while, you'll come across a topic where people are asking how to get started with reaper, same as you. Some great resources were listed there, so it may be worth your time to check out. I'm sorry I can't help you more. I use logic pro, on mac. However, I started out with a midi sequencer called qws. It was pretty accessible and it enabled me to get a grasp on a midi which is pretty important in music production today.Granted, it is not the most fun way to create music, and you can't exactly export anything into an actual audio file, but you could sequence the midi, put it in reaper, and simply change around the instruments, which could give you a feel for its basic layout. From within reaper you can export to audio, so that's just something to think about.

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-02-16 07:46:56

As the post above explains there are a lot of topics about this subject on this forum bud.
Which can walk you through setting it all up ,  once you have it set up Google is your friend to find free sounds & plugins.

You can use in the built in sampler 5000 to load in your drum samples or sounds.
I would highly recommend getting some form of a midi keyboard as it makes things a lot easier when composing.