2019-02-16 17:15:10

cool.
i get how to change ports, but how would i change the host address?
there is no address thing there.

code is funn

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 17:23:20

Ilya, host address has nothing to do with anything. the domain you connect to is just dns, the domain is just masking the person's ip. I know i'm probably not the best at explaining these things, but whatevs.
Also @mason, might as well decrypt your prefs file now the server is public, or make a /var command like theo ne in up and give a list of the things that can be changed with it.

2019-02-16 17:24:11

There's nothing of importance that needs to be changed directly in the prefs file.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2019-02-16 17:44:15

@27
Well you know what i mean. where can i set the ip, i would like the server to use?

code is funn

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 17:44:38 (edited by Chris 2019-02-16 17:48:50)

The /help command does nothing when I type it into the console. I changed my admin account to an administrator and uploaded it to the server again. Do I have to restart the server process?

For an address, you either enter the IP address that you wish to connect to or a domain. What IP address you use depends on how you're hosting the server. If you're hosting it locally, you need to obtain your public facing IPv4 address your ISP gives you and forward UDP port 19217 to your computer. For a VPS or other server, obtain the address from your VPS provider.

For the sake of making it easier to remember, I've purchased the christopherw.me domain and told it to use Linode's DNS servers. Basically, it translates the name into the IP address of my VPS hosted at Linode. If you wanted to use DNS for something like your home connection, you could use a website like www.ddns.net to create an address like myserver.ddns.net and have it point at the public address your ISP gives you.

Mason, the game should really save the last used address. It's annoying having to constantly go back and change it every time the program is launched. Either have it save the last used address or add an option to specify whether you want it to default back to the main server address or save a custom one.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 17:53:30

Hey guys,

Just released SBP Online 1.96.1 reducing the amount of items that can spawn as well as how fast they spawn, to hopefully prevent lag. You will need to update your servers to 1.08 for this change to take effect.

2019-02-16 18:05:10

SBP online 1.96.2 released with the final item fixes.

2019-02-16 19:20:28

cool. thanks for the help

code is funn

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 20:18:58 (edited by Chris 2019-02-16 20:20:22)

Mason, I've been thinking how awesome it would be to combine all your projects into one awesome game. Have you thought about adding the concepts of this game into SBYW, as well as those from Tomb Hunter? I'd love to have an awesome multiplayer game where you walk around, build things, fight each other and/or an advanced AI, solve puzzles, go on missions, etc. You have a lot of interesting ideas, and it would be great if you took all those and made something truly awesome.

Speaking of the AI, why did you remove it from this game? I'd love to team up with other players and fight against it. Was it as complex is Perilous Hearts?

You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 00:12:56

hay mason, why don't you fix the server info not saving bug? It is now there since 2 versions

so since this thing don't accepts my homepage as webpage, i will posst it in here. Well here you have to note that it is not only my page.

http://sdj-productions.tk

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 02:30:53

Hi,

@Simter, when I was fixing things I forgot about this bug. I'll fix it soon.

@chris, why did you read my mind and my code for a new project? Ahem it won't be multiplayer but there are a lot of awesome things already. Not sure if or when it will be released or anything like that, but yeah.

2019-02-17 06:02:20

There is also another bug. When you connect to another server after connecting to the first one, the program freezes. You must quit and restart it for everything to work properly. E.G. I connect to the main server and then decide to connect to mine without restarting the program first.

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 06:31:31

Hi Chris,

I'm aware of this bug, but will be unable to fix it properly.

2019-02-17 14:14:26

Chris, in answer to your question about the AI, that was only ever in single player mode.

2019-02-17 15:10:51

I can't connect to any sbp servers. is Mason's website down or something. When I click on server list in preferences, it takes a few secunds, then it returns back to the preferences menu.

regards
Remi

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 15:29:20

Yeah. All of his things are down

2019-02-17 15:49:32

Manually connect to christopherw.me using port 19217 and you're good to go. The server has been running for almost a day with no issues. I love Linode!

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 15:58:51 (edited by Remi 2019-02-17 16:02:37)

ok.
thanks for the help
@chris. is your server active right now? Because when I try to connect it says: Server unreachable.

regards
Remi

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 16:16:51

Hi
The problam is that I didn't download the latest version when Mason's website is up so. Can someone please upload the latest version to dropbox or anything? thanks

2019-02-17 16:38:28

The server is running. I was just playing a minute ago. Don't forget to choose the server every time you launch the program. Here's a link to the latest version. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q9pzj08kwk8s … e.zip?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-02-18 03:53:55

This stupid god damn server. I don't have time to sit around and babysit it. It needs to stop doing that.

2019-02-18 05:11:12

Hey guys,

The server is back running again, and I've made some changes to see if we can fix the crashes.

2019-02-18 12:35:25

hi,
by the way i found a bugg.
even if you do not log in and you just hit sine in as and you put in the wrong account info, you still can here all server chats and events. just letting you know

code is funn

Thumbs up

2019-02-18 16:20:24

Don't play on the main server. You get banned for absolutely no reason what so ever. Oh...btw form the looks of things Mason updated the server. Final release anyone?

Ivan

2019-02-19 00:28:33

ivan_soto wrote:

Don't play on the main server. You get banned for absolutely no reason what so ever. Oh...btw form the looks of things Mason updated the server. Final release anyone?

People have also complained about being banned from The Killer for no reason, even when they have payed for their account.
Talking about other developers and their products like this when you are a developer yourself does not send good signals about you as a developer. You blame other developers quite often, if not directly, then you try to hide it in messages like those. One of the big reasons for I personally just can't support you as a developer. Blaming other developers like this when you are a developer yourself is just not acceptable in my opinion.
I can especially not support you, after you randomly deleted the TK topic, which was a product you took money for. You just screwed up all your customers, and you seem not to care at all. Yet after having done that, you continue to blame other developers. What a great developer you are... smile

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D