2019-02-14 16:34:55

Is there a way to accessibly format in word and notepad?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-14 17:40:22

Notepad doesn't include formatting information. You should be able to use the most common formatting commands in Microsoft Word, such as changing the font, style, bolding text, etc. Press NVDA f to have formatting information spoken to you. You can also go into the Document Formatting section of NVDA settings to customize what you do and do not want to hear while navigating.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-02-14 19:31:24

Yep, Control with the following keys B - bold, I - italic, U - underline. IF they don't work, it's because I haven't used word in a long time lol. Also I think it's control alt and either angle bracket to shrink and grow the font. There's bound to be other stuff too.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-14 20:06:03

Slightly off topic, but have any of you dealt extensively with footnotes, and found a way to make working with them, especially when reading, less tedious?
I find pulling sources from any paper/book written with Chicago style to be rather annoying when in a word format, so was wondering if anyone knows of an easier way of dealing with it.