2019-02-13 12:46:05

Hi all.
I hope somebody can help me with this issue.
I recently got the nokia 6.1 mobile phone.
The microphones on this phone are not bad, but when doing stereo recordings, the right microphone seams to be slightly louder than the left.

So my questions are:
1. How can we find the difference in db between the left and the right?
My sound editor is goldwave.
I assume it is a bit tricky to find because if we have got an ambient sound for example, the volumes keep changing all the time for both channels so I don't know if it is possible to do it well without having access to visual representations on the screen.
By trying different volume changes, I guess that the right channel is about 4.5 db louder than the left but I can't seam to get it right.
2. What is it better? To make the left channel louder or to make the right channel quieter?
In goldwave's effects menu under volume, there is an option called max match or something like that.
This method tries to accomplish what I am trying to do but again it doesn't sound right.

Finally here is an audio sample if somebody is willing to have a listen and give me some advice.
It is a street ambience about 19 minutes long.
At the beginning it is me talking in Greek saying the date, time, weather information etc.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e67lrb2si8izt … .mp3?raw=1
Thanks in advance.
Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.