2019-02-12 19:55:01

Hi all,
This is a newly released fighting game for the ps4, xbox one and Steam.
I don't have anything to report yet, but I have purchased this for xbox one, an anime-based fighting game with many different franchises included. It is ready to go, but I have not booted the game up yet in case anything complex or different comes up. I do know that the combat is in stereo, and another thing I also know that the story mode does not have an English dub, and I believe this is due to the way that all the franchises are set up here, there's so many. It's not like Cross Tag battle where it's one developer, and it's also not like Smash where every franchise is a gaming franchise. These are characters from comics/manga, tv shows and movies, and some of these don't even have English voices to begin with, so my theory is that they couldn't get an English dub this time because of the amount of trickiness that would be involved.
The combat itself is team-based. However, each team has one health bar shared between all three characters, so it requires you to switch out a lot and manage what's going on, in a way.
The music is also fairly orchestral in nature.
I don't have any info such as menus or anything at all like that yet, because as I mentioned before, as of the time of writing this post, I have not actually booted up the game.
I am quite excited about it though.

2019-02-12 20:06:53

This sounds like another version of jStars Victory VS, just with tagging mechanics instead of all characters on screen. And being a 3d arena fighter, it's hard to say how playable this game will be. Jstars, if you're blind, is basically a button masher as you try and not get lost in the arena looking for your opponents.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-02-12 20:40:33

I was actually thinking about making a topic about this one too... haven't picked it up myself yet. Debating it though. I did enjoy J stars for what it was, and this is supposedly by the same people if I'm not mistaken, so...
The weirdest thing though is definitely seeing someone like Yugi taking on, say... Goku, and actually standing a chance. But I guess that's why people like these games, power scaling just gets thrown entirely out the window.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-02-12 21:05:11

I hope there will be some sort of script so we can get something out of the story.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-02-12 22:07:20

the way assault described jay stars was freakin hilarious lol but sadly he is correct

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-02-12 22:09:27

after watching some story mode gameplay, it seams there are roaming around places, just like in J-stars victory VS I think.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-02-12 22:36:30

Well, I guess I'll skip that one, the not dubbed storie is one part, but the other is simply that i don't have any connection to the characters in the game unlike mk, sf, KI or SC, I simply don't have any idea who is who in jump force.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-13 00:47:22

@5
Actually, that's not really true. I can't speak about this game, but in J stars you were always locked on to 1 or the other of your opponents if you pressed L1 at the start of the match. So if you ever needed to close distance, the homing dash kept you just running straight for them.

2019-02-13 15:49:59

OK, Here are my initial impressions, and for this, there are slight spoilers for the beginning of the game due to the way this game works.
As suspected, this game... is gonna be hard for us to navigate for a time.
So here's the rundown of what's happened to me so far.
You boot up the game, and it says about autosaving. Then, you get an opening cinematic. After this, it asks you to create new save data.
Then the game loads. You are thrust directly into the story, with the prologue as an opening cutscene. You must then create your avatar.
You then pick if you want to play offline or online.
There's then another cutscene.
Then, you get to do a battle which acts as a basic tutorial.
You start off learning movement. So you just move around a bit then tap jump a few times, and that's done.
Then, it's learning how to attack. I enjoyed this. The haptics in this game are interesting, quite powerful on my xbox one. This teaches you about light attacks (called light rush), smash attacks (hold light rush button), heavy attack (heavy blow) and heavy smash (hold heavy blow button)
You then learn about grabs, which is a single button.
You can combo and such. Finally, you defeat your opponent.
Then, there's another cutscene, and after this, you are brought to the lobby. From here, I've learned that yes, indeed, there's a warp option. Hold y on xbox one, or triangle on ps4. However, it says that not everything will be open until you join a team who is part of the Jump Force, and that's where I'm stuck. With sighted help, I've spoken to the team leaders, however, I don't actually know how to join one of the three teams. Then, the person helping me had to go, so this is how far I've gotten. I don't know if offline battle or training or tutorials are available yet or not, or if I have to join a team first to even get that to work. This means that until further notice, I'm stuck, and that will probably be until next week. Unless I find out that yes I can do offline battle or something.

2019-02-13 21:18:06

Seems like to me this game is gonna be like FighterZ for us, just fighting either online or offline, no story mode.

2019-02-14 15:12:08

Seems that way. By the way, I was able to get into an offline battle I didn't have any sighted help so sort of had to wing it, although what's cool is the characters just seem to be on a left/right menu with no rows, unless you have to unlock them. However, there is no audio indication of what character you are choosing, but you aren't moved around, so any character you pick for the current session gets blanked out as an unselectable option, so you can, well, sort of explore the screen, although there's just no way to know what you are picking. However I think the first option on that screen might be your avatar character.

2019-02-14 17:32:06

Oh, they removed those? Shame... in J stars the only way you could tell who you were choosing was the fact that each character had a voice line.
That in itself isn't so bad though, plenty of older games never told you anything either. SFIV, older Tekken games, Naruto storm games, old DBZ games... etc etc.

2019-02-19 00:44:22

Aaron, you still playing this game? lol Or was it not worth the day 1 purchase. Just curious, because I'd love it for a couch time killer if nothing else.

2019-02-19 18:35:02

I wuld like to be able to do some missions and also learn how the offline battle mode works properly, plus tutorials, and that's not going to happen until tomorrow, so it's hard to tell yet if it's worth it fully. However, from a totally blind, no sighted help available perspective, I'd say wait for sale. I don't know if OcR can help in this game as I don't have a way to test it, but if you can create your avatar and get through the first tutorial then you can get access to offline, so that could make it worth it, but you won't be able to progress in the story at all, not even to do extra tutorials, until you join one of the JumpForce teams, alpha, beta or gamma, and for that you have to talk to npcs and you can't warp to them. However, I will say again, offline battle mode should be available.

2019-02-20 01:50:50

Can confirm, offline battle becomes available as soon as the first tutorial is done. But... you don't unlock all 40 characters until after you join a team. And to join a team, you have to talk to all 3 team leaders.
OCR actually works quite well with this game, which is cool. But yeah... if you don't have sighted help or don't have a looooot of patience for wandering around mashing circle, do not pick this game up unless it's like 20 bucks at the most.

2019-02-20 03:30:31

Yeah, I'll definitely wait for a sale. If english dubbing was an option I might get it, but yeah. lol

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-02-20 03:51:11

From all I'm hearing, you wouldn't pick this game up for story anyway... bland as hell apparently. So language would only apply if you really, really cared about character intros, or had a specific preference for specific dub actors.

2019-02-20 09:52:03

About the story mode, is it similar with the dragon ball xenoverse series where you can walk around and completing story missions and side missions?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-02-20 10:51:15

how is the gameplay? of course I have seen vids on it, but I want to know can you tell where you are on screen? can you lock onto opponents?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-02-20 19:14:12

It basically plays like J Stars, you're constantly locked on. So projectile moves, dashes or just playing counter will work. Makes it easier because it's only 2 characters on the field at a time, but that also makes it slightly less fun to me.

2019-02-20 19:33:37 (edited by Jod 2019-02-21 06:18:57)

is the game in english? i've watched some gameplays and i could hear some japanese words during the fights.

2019-02-20 22:10:40

Moderation:

AlirezaNosrati, this is an official warning. There is absolutely no call for referring to Japanese, or any other language, as "ching chang chong". How would you feel if someone referred to your mother tongue by some of its derivative sounds? I'm not going to ask it and then prove my point, but I urge you to think more before posting. This sort of thing is flat-out not acceptable here.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-20 23:07:52

@jayde I would assume it's Persian/Farsi since the profile says Iran, but don't quote me on that one. Although I don't know of anything similar, something probably exists... but I'm not gonna look it up.

2019-02-21 06:18:31

@jayde sorry, i didn't know how to write them and didn't mean anything bad,  i'll edit my post and remove that.

2019-02-21 07:15:47

Thank  you. I appreciate that.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1