2019-02-12 15:10:29

Hello people

I downloaded EClipse for NVDA, but some things are not really clear for me.
Actually the only one thing  I don't understand is the very first thing, I got the zip file but have no idea where to extract.
I am wondering does someone have experience with this addon and EClipse in general, I would be thankful if I could get this little help, where to extract

Best Regards

Vojvoda

Stella rossa di Belgrado
We Love you Red Star, we do

2019-02-12 17:18:24 (edited by keithwipf1 2019-02-12 17:19:18)

You may have downloaded an invalid file.
NVDA extensions have got a .nvda_addon extension, but I've heard they can download as zip.
Here are steps to maybe fix it.
Open notepad.
Open the eclipse add-on in notepad, don't ask why, just bear with me.
Now, open save as, and in the file name edit box, type the following.
"eclipse.nvda-addon"
The quotes are important, don't miss them.
Now hit save, this should change the file extension.
Now, find where you saved the eclipse.nvda-addon file, the location shouldn't matter and press enter.
If all goes well, NVDA will ask you if you want to install this add-on.
Hit yes and wait and restart NVDA.
HTH

2019-02-12 18:19:41

first of all, what is it?
Some NVDA addons come in zip files because they need multiple files to be run, unzip it and see if there is a readme.txt file.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-13 10:39:38

@3 thinking the same.
just unzip it and see what's inside there might be more than 1 addon, maby diffrent files like a readme

Have a lovely day.

2019-02-13 11:46:33

Oh god, you extract it to where you want. But, maybe where you can find it next time... Hmm maybe?

2019-02-14 07:36:26

Hello

the problem is that I don't know what should I rename, there isn't just one file, there are multiple folders and files, there is readme but it says only what the addon is doing.

Stella rossa di Belgrado

2019-02-14 14:08:59

answer this first, what is eclipse?
Then, just use your common sense... I highly doubt, if there are multiple files, that it doesn't tell you somewhere what to do. Wether on the installation page, or in the readme, or somewhere else, look threw the files.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-14 18:05:04

I am hoping that your question wasn't arrogant

Eclipse is environment for programming. I am not wanting to  play with this randomly, I need this for next week and that's all.
I am not  aswell that stupid to not know how to run nvda addon file and install, and also not stupid to unzip zip file
I don't want to sound arrogant now but this addon really made me crazy, me and two of my teachers tried a few things but nothing really helped.

Stella rossa di Belgrado

2019-02-14 18:22:43

hi
Did you get the git repo?
If so, you need to install python, just use choco
get chocolatey package manager then open an administrator power shell or command prompt and do this
choco install python2

then
pip install markdown
pip install scons

then go to the NVDA eclipse module folder and type
scons

it should generate the nvda_addon file

Apart from this, does anyone have tips for getting started with eclipse with screen readers?

thx

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-02-14 18:28:53

I'm on to something. I found an nvda-addon file.
I think, however, that you have the source code.
I'll post you a link here if I can get it uploaded.

2019-02-14 18:37:34

OK this link might work.
https://ln.sync.com/dl/4252baf50/i4ymbe … a-my54tcgr

2019-02-15 07:54:35

Thanks guys, the problem is solwed

I don't have some direct  advice for Eclipse, the thing seems kinda easy to discover you just have to get used on menys. If you don't have this addon press control+l to check on which line are you and on that edit field you can also write to which line you would like to jump.
What I would recommend is learning the  shortcuts such as alt+w for window etc. When I Hopefully learn how the things work with all the packages I might record a short tutorial.
Again thanks for help

Stella rossa di Belgrado