2019-02-10 17:47:14

Host eclipse.cs.pdx.edu port 7680.

Okay this is a game I've been hearing about for literally years but haven't played until now, particularly because I think its been down for a while, but its definitely back up now.

I can't say too much as i've not gone so far yet I'm still trying to decide the best way to build a character, but I have heard this game has an awesome newbie experience which it does.
I believe the focus is a little like four dimensions, being hacknslash but with quests added on, though it has a far  interesting advancement system than the usual practice and train variety, as well as skills that range from smithing and coligraphy to more standard weapons and mining, and skills that actually give players more points.

The writing is extremely beautiful, even combat descriptions, and combat being in two second rounds also seems to be at a more reasonable pace than many games which is good.

I'll be able to say more when I've played on a bit further, but  thought old hands would appreciate knowing the game is back up, and newbies might want to get into trying things the way I am.

There are screen reader tips Here 

And while the section on mud clients is a wee bit out of date, the section on configuring the game is worth reading.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up +1

2019-02-12 11:44:10

Hi there,

I can say for sure that the whole experiense in playing new moon is unlike any mud I have played. In every room description you actually have to find things that are hidden plus there are certain mobs around that give out quests and the like. So far its a wonderful mud that has opertunities for rp, but its not required for anyone that cannot.

Thumbs up

2019-02-12 14:47:24

this quest is really ticking me off i wna pull out my hair. lol.

Thumbs up

2019-02-12 17:46:29

just wondering is their a soundpack?

Thumbs up

2019-02-12 18:36:24

not that i'm aware

Thumbs up

2019-02-12 22:40:22

Hi.
So, how is the consistency regarding the commands. I remember that in 4 dimensions for example the characters from the different ages had to be greeted with a special wording like hail or howdy, but sometimes they didn't stick to what age they were coming from and wouldn't react to their actual greeting method.

So, how does new moon refer to that?

Greetings Moritz.

Hömma, willze watt von mir oder wie, weil wenn nich, dann lass dir mal sagen, laber mir kein Kottlett anne Wange und hömma, wo wir gerade dabei sind, dann iss hier hängen im Schacht, sonns klapp ich dir hier die Fingernägel auf links, datt kannze mir mal glaubn.

Thumbs up

2019-02-13 00:36:40

Greetings,

So far the commands are pretty consistant from what I have seen in the short time I have played there. usually the commands you wanna know are search which will search your general vicinity and you can also type search obj where obj is the thing you were looking at. Most off the say commands are quite consistant as well. Hope that helps.

Thumbs up

2019-02-13 01:42:10

Hi.
hmm, sounds good.

One questions which I really couldnt find out in the threat, is this a fantasy mud or scie fy? If it is a fantasy mud I would need to think again about trying it out, had quite a lot of these recently.

Greetings Moritz.

Hömma, willze watt von mir oder wie, weil wenn nich, dann lass dir mal sagen, laber mir kein Kottlett anne Wange und hömma, wo wir gerade dabei sind, dann iss hier hängen im Schacht, sonns klapp ich dir hier die Fingernägel auf links, datt kannze mir mal glaubn.

Thumbs up