2019-02-08 21:08:18

So, for those of you who play Erion mud and Aardwolf, is there a way for us to participate in a global quest? I would assume not cense those quests last 30 seconds maybe 2 mimits.  yes

2019-02-08 21:58:36 (edited by Dark 2019-02-08 21:58:58)

Well yes on both counts, particularly since  you always get rewards for killing each global quest mob, though on Aardwolf you have a cat in hell's chance of winning.

ON Erion however, because global quests are always limited to a ten level range, and because if someone wins a global quest they are forbidden from taking part  another for several hours, you have a pretty good chance, indeed often I found that I was the only person on a lower level global quest which of course meant a guaranteed win.

I got most of my quest gear on Erion through global quests.

Actually your making me fancy checking out Erion again and seeing how it has changed. I was playing a multiclass archer/thief and got a wee bit tired of  grinding and lack of missions, but I haven't played for a while so there is likely more to do now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-08 22:23:32

As I told other players, I want a multiclass character. SHE would be a warrior psionicist or mage psionicist. I'm glad I'm making you rethink Erion.

2019-02-08 22:49:15

mage psi is useless. war psi is a very good choice.

2019-02-08 23:27:22

Its not so much "rethink" more that I got a little tired of seeing the same areas again and again.
Next time I'd probably take a single class archer over multiclass just because levelling up is quicker, but hay my character will have to go a long way before that.

her name is Tanquest if your ever kicking around on Erion at the same time I am.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-09 00:06:25

Thanks for the advice, should I make aliases  for areas and looking for mobs?

2019-02-09 19:21:25 (edited by Dark 2019-02-09 19:23:20)

I never found aliases necessary myself. You can zoom to all areas with runto area name and the gq info command tells you all the mobs you need to find. "where mob" will tell you what room the mob is in, and of course the scan command is your friend.

Really if you can complete standard expeditions and quests you should be able to complete global quests, especially if its just you on your own.

Of course Aardwolf is a different matter since "where mob" is disabled, plus getting around the areas can be a major pain without keys or pass door and since your always up against a bunch of power players on their fifth, sixth or whatever ascension, you won't really get too far, though its still usually worth participating for the extra qps you get per kill, albeit global quests are again an area I really prefer the way Erion does things over Aardwolf.