2019-02-06 18:00:19

I'm not really expecting anything much and sorry if this comes out wrong, but I would like to listen to some of the sounds sometimes, like that bio explosion
If Nianchan put out the sounds somewhere for download, could you tell me where? Please?

2019-02-06 18:24:18

i guess that game uses sounds from some paied librarys, so i guess sorr, not

2019-02-06 18:59:02

he can't release them, but if you find them in payed libraries then you can use and listen to them if you buy it

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-07 00:27:08

I heard somewhere that he sells the sounds on his website.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-02-07 01:11:57

I tried buying some of the sounds myself, however it was broken at the time. I’m not sure if it’s broken now, so I was wondering if somebody could buy one of the soundpacks just to test it out to see if it is not broken.

2019-02-07 01:33:06

I can't seem to find the sounds buying thing. Anyone mind directing me to it?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-02-07 02:22:00 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-07 02:22:35)

Some sounds are what I recorded myself and can be bought, but it's a bit expensive for listening. Also, explosions and sci-fi sounds are from paid libraries with mixing / editing, so it's hard to obtain them legally. If you could list ones you want, I might be able to give out some or redirect you to where you can buy them.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-02-07 03:53:02

Also, some of the sounds, like a lot of the weapons, are from other games.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2019-02-07 04:03:57 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-07 04:05:40)

I don't think I used sounds directly from other particular games except the axe and vulcan, which are hommages from Swamp. But I don't know since it's very difficult to track down the origin (an unprocessed sound in a library, leaked from somewhere and I downloaded from findsound or as a compiled soundpack on this forum, ETC).
I've emailed Kai about the use of vulcan and axe sounds. I couldn't receive reply from him, so now they're included and ready to be replaced, if required.
Oh, the footsteps on ladders are from operation blacksquare; Ghorthalon kindly accepted using them.

2019-02-07 13:14:21

One sound I recognized is the tricorder from Star Trek The Next Generation. I'm not sure what makes it though since it was in a demo someone recorded.

2019-02-07 13:21:05

hi
I realy want to have game musics, and if possable, some tiles please

2019-02-07 13:59:30 (edited by nyanchan 2019-02-07 14:04:30)

Awww, I know only a little about how Star Trek sounds, so don't know what it is. tongue
I really couldn't be a fan of Star Trek or Star Wars because I felt they had less speech and it sounded like "hum, boom, (then the scene suddenly changes)" to me. I don't think the Japanese version has audio descriptions. Wish my English listening were good enough to catch all the words in the original untranslated version.

2019-02-07 15:37:15

Hi.
Well, this is not about bk, but about something Nyanchan made. Does someone have the thingy that you press any key and it'll play the sound? I missed it and I had it before but my hard drive crashed and I don't know how to translate pages using google translate.
Thanks.
Take care.
Mike.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2019-02-07 17:04:35

Although I didn't understand why it happened at all, I saw the program you mentioned forked itself like crazy (maybe 100 duplicate processes or so) and I had to forcefully reboot. I was kinda scared after that and deleted the program including its sourcecode.

2019-02-22 19:28:51

Wow, reviving this I think. Whas kind of scary when I was playing that game. One of the sounds I recognice or kind of are those from the mud fighter/killer, the bear "I don't know the name of it", and the undead hate, which it's Kind of… well… Interesting. I don't know where you get those sounds for those enemies, but you're so fantastic.

73 Wj3u

2019-02-23 03:51:41

Does anyone know where all of the music from bk3 can be found?