2019-01-27 16:03:50

In response to this: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2741 … o-the-mac/
1. Some current games aren't written with Mac in mind. To port those games to Mac, the game would have to be recoded, so either a ton of time would've just been wasted recoding the game with no real advantage which I'll get to in a sec, or there would be 2 different copies of the game to maintain, which would just be horrifying.
2. There would be no real advantage in sails. The reason for this is that in order to compile for Mac, you need a Mac. Macs cost a lot of money. More money than you might make selling your game anyways. Some developers have no other use for a Mac either, so there are not even any fringe benefits to purchasing one.

2019-01-30 16:15:02

ok Lucas, lol ok things would be horrifying as stated, but if you and anyone else who will let me help them, there's so many things I can do for you, it won't be time consuming for me either, no horrification will be thrown in and believe me, the information I will provide for you will help you. so weather if you want it sent out on the forum or if you'd like to pm me just let me no. I'll be keeping track of the forum anyway for I often come on hear when I need something to do to actually be of use, and at least not a pile of junk as most people have stated me as. well Lucas mate, keep calm and just let me help you out as much as I can and you'll be glad that I did. from carl.

2019-01-31 10:23:46

why did you make a new topic for this.

2019-01-31 16:27:40 (edited by Lucas1 2019-01-31 16:28:07)

It was in the articles room like Katie's, someone moved it.

2019-01-31 19:49:29

Yeah, originally these two topics were articles, which was a rather hilarious spin for me.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-01-31 22:10:02

oh wow that's totally crazy if you no what I mean lol

2019-01-31 22:57:34 (edited by Ethin 2019-01-31 23:00:08)

@2 I really don't know how you can help developers out with all of this. There's a statement my family always tell me whenever I bring up things like this -- you can't help the world and you most definitely can't help everyone. Furthermore, Lucas is definitely right here (though we've pretty much explained why this isn't always feasible). I don't mean to offend or anything but I significantly doubt your "help"/"assistance" would make this task any more feasible. Its what Apple requires, and if we want to develop for the Mac, well, we have to deal with it or not develop for their platform at all. Like Liam pretty much stated, its better to have all your ducks in a row and all your shenanigans "above board" when developing for a platform like Apple lest they catch you or do something to the Mac that makes what you were doing impossible. Apple has a history of that; they had jailbreak problems and when iOS 12 came out, boom, no more jailbreaks. I don't think there are jailbreaks out for iOS 12 yet, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-02-01 01:02:18

@7 (Off Topic I Guess)
Just wanted to say that exploits are floating around for an IOS 12 jailbreak. Of course this doesn't mean necessarily that one will be put together, but the opportunity is there. The largest obstacle preventing one from being created funnily enough revolves around drama. The jailbreak community has just as much drama as this forum does. For this reason, even if exploits are found in future versions of IOS, the chances of tools being released won't be very promising. Developers, for good reason, find the opportunity to sell exploits to Apple or to create jailbreak tools for their own personal use to be more preferable to putting in hours of work for a community who won't appreciate it. Hmm. I feel like we've seen that before.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-02-01 01:22:10

@8, true that. I wasn't aware of that, thanks for informing me.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-02-01 12:09:48

well ok I no there are a lot of problems but I probably will be able to help for if various people were to at least let me life will be twice as better for after all, I do at least carry out various tasks and keep people updated and when everything is done, then well! a good work on my part.

2019-02-01 17:23:44

@10, .... how? What can you do that I can't do? What can't you do that everyone else who has been talking about this can't do? What advantages do you give that we aren't already trying to find, and failing at finding?

My Github

2019-02-01 18:12:40

well, ok I shall state this. I can do quite a lot of stuff, for after all I like doing all sort's of fun things when it comes to computers, but seriously if there ever is a problem, I just don't sit around you no, I get it sorted regardless of the fact that people class me as totally unreliable and of no use. but I'm not that stupid you no, anything that needs done, I'll look in to it without no hesitation. if I get a result, I'll send it out to where it needs to be sent so that whoever needs something to help them out on or advise on, it'll be rite there, waiting for them! so can at least someone, or anyone just class me as a reliable person and at least no that whatever the problem is that's making things completely frustrating, I can get anything sorted so that no one can continue to be stressed, I can at least get stuff sorted so that not only will I feel good but other people will be happy and at least then I'll feel like I've done a good job.