2019-01-28 13:29:28

yeah it's gona be on twitch. some of the developers are going to be there.

2019-01-28 14:59:57

Is their a reason you're not working with X4?  Their seem to be a lot of issues with x3, especially during the endgame because of how old it is. It only has single threading support, and x4 seems to be better all the way around.   Are the scripts that you're writing not compatible with later versions?

2019-01-28 16:22:48

i am wondering if x4 does have better scripting capability and as such would zac have more success with that assuming he doesn't hit stumbling blocks here.

2019-01-28 16:35:46 (edited by zkline 2019-01-28 16:52:32)

Honestly, the reason I’m working with this game is it’s the one that I happen to buy. Everything I have read about X4 says that it has a lot of potential, but that at the moment the actual gameplay experience is not there yet.  Honestly, I would rather have a thing I can play relatively quickly, rather than a year or so down the line, if I can. :-) This game and the mods and expansions for it are decent, and have been respected for quite a while.

As for the login page, you should be able to just start typing your username, and then tab and type your password. It’s ridiculous nonsense, but I was able to do it on both windows and Mac that way.

2019-01-28 16:37:48

ah so what have people been saying that foundation isn't quite there yet?

2019-01-28 16:39:33

I haven’t looked into the scripting language for X4,  but the one I have at the moment is very basic, so I would imagine it would be pretty simple to get equivalent functionality. The  added first person movement gives me pause, particularly things like being able to navigate ships and stations. That would be a whole other thing I would need to theoretically script.

2019-01-28 16:57:24

x4 is still so extremely in development. Updates, patches, and even addons. I realy think x3 is the better project to work with at the moment.

2019-01-28 18:15:15

I have tried the terran defender start, but I can't find what position I need to travel to to get started, and when I get close to the military ships, they open fire on me and tell me to back off my weapons even though I don't have them active.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2019-01-28 18:23:14 (edited by zkline 2019-01-28 18:24:11)

Oh yeah, we need to do some figuring about how to handle mission stuff. I haven’t run into that particular issue in the defender start,  I mostly just wander around stations and don’t mess with the ships, to be fair. I will give it a try at some point today and let you know how it goes.

2019-01-28 18:46:21

for those who want to log in to twitch to chat.
firefox esr 52 and NVDA work to some extent.
If you want to use a chat client.
1. download tc chat client for twitch, search google.
2. install tc. it asks for your username and auth key.
3. with firefox esr 52 log in to twitch, then from there go to this link:
https://twitchapps.com/tmi/
click on the link at the bottom of the page and you will get your auth key.
use that to log in  the tc client and you'll have a sort of accessible chat client for twitch.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-01-28 21:22:00

Well, stream is over and will be uploading to Youtube shortly. Other than my getting shafted on the trade deal, which is probably my own fault, I think it was a reasonable demonstration of the way the game works and how accessible it actually is at the moment.

2019-01-28 21:35:10

how did you get shafted did an npc ship get to the station before you? how many people watched? i didn't get to do so because i have a friend here and we were doing other stuff and sadly i missed it. i wonder if egosoft did turn up.

2019-01-28 22:01:37

Are there links to the streams?  I'd like to check those out.

2019-01-28 22:16:11

Well, here's the Youtube link. smile

https://youtu.be/Q5ha-sZGo4E

I got shafted on the deal because I didn't check whether i was buying for an average price or above, so ended up literally being offered ~3-1 on the sale. I would have lost 75% of my investment.

Lessons learned for next time. I'm not sure if anyone from Egosoft showed up, it was a very quiet chat.

2019-01-28 22:36:21

yeah you need to know what the trading curves are. buying from stations is usually an average price. what you need to do is to watch the prices of things change. the stations prices are pretty static. it's the factories that fluctuate. it's very much supply and demand driven. it is possible to flood the local markets with resources to drive the prices down in 1 area and push them up in another. you can very much alter trade routes and once you have factories settup you can create trade routes very easily.

2019-01-28 22:39:26

Practice makes perfect, of course. I need to try this again until I get a feel for how things operate. And make acquiring a triplex scanner a priority.

2019-01-28 23:06:16

Hi.

Well, in case they missed the stream or coudln't atend, you could send them the link to the youtube archive, just to be on the save side.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-01-28 23:09:51

Okay.

HEre's my plan for the moment. I'm going to update my trade script to show cargo sizes, which is important, and average prices, which will keep people from being shafted on deals like I was, hopefully. I'll post a link to my DropBox and include some setup instructions.

These are just the first few scripts I plan to make.. I'd love some support from the developer if possible, but am willing to go at it on my own if I have to.

2019-01-28 23:10:01

yup triplex scanners are good you need them. also navsats are very useful. place them in a system and you can remotely see what's going on in that system including prices of products in each station providing you have the trade system extention. place the sats in the center of each sector so their radar sphere gets all the stations in said sector. well it will get the vast majority of them assuming there's none on the very edge. when visiting a new sector it's useful to traverse it so you can populate the sector map with all the stations/factories that are there.
have you worked out a way of knowing when you have stopped at a target or a set of coords? if i remember rightly the later x games don't have an engine sound for accelleration or decelleration

2019-01-28 23:12:23

Hi.
Yeah well, that was the reason why i proposed that you should send the youtube link to the devs if they missed the stream, we have to see if they would be willing to support the project.
If not, we due still have backup from the reddit comunity, do we?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-01-29 00:02:16

i have sent the link to Bernd. i did it about an hour ago.

2019-01-29 06:35:20 (edited by zkline 2019-01-29 15:44:57)

Hi All,

As promised, here's an initial version of my trade prices script and support files. This is definitely V0.1, but it does work, as I've managed to make almost 80K credits flying my Mercury around.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tax0symqle5xe … 1.zip?dl=1

DOwnload this .zip file, and put all the *.pck files in the Scripts folder, which is inside the main X3 TC folder.

Install the Plugin manager, and open the LIght version as an administrator. Go into Settings, and find the option for "modified mode." If you don't do this the scripts won't run, as they aren't signed by Egosoft. Alternatively, you can open the script editor in a game, but this is a bit more error-prone and isn't reallyuseful for us in any case, as the in-game script editor doesn't  work particularly well for us.

There is one known bug, the average price and volume  commands don't seem to work on stations that buy goods, so you'll have to remember how much you bought your ore for or whatever. THe log file for the script is in Documents\Egosoft\X3tC, Log0150.txt.

Enjoy, and good luck. I'll definitely keep everybody posted with updates.

2019-01-29 06:38:51

Bonus tip for salvaging cargo, which I've had a lot of success with…

If you see an item like a missile or random trade goods just floating in space, it's probably debris from a destroyed ship. You can salvage this stuff fairly easily. Target it with page-up/down, and press shift+A to have your autopilot follow it. Keep checking your distance reading, and when you get to within a kilometer or so, you can disengage the autopilot and boost the throttle a little with X. Your ship will eventually just catch whatever it is and stow it in the cargo bay, if you have the room. YOu'll hear an announcement when this happens.

2019-01-29 12:21:31

zac how are you checking the distance to target?

2019-01-29 12:22:20

and by the way here's all my emails so far too and from Bernd.

From: Bernd Lehahn <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Bernd Lehahn
Sent: 28 January 2019 22:01
To: Darren Harris <[email protected]>
Cc: Chris Burtt-Jones Ego <[email protected]>; Stefan Hett <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: hello bernd, please read the contents of this link. it's to do with accessibility for the x-series

Hi Darren,

I have now looked at the video a bit and understand at least the principle of what Zach is doing.
As I said we are open to help you guys but with a few limitations:

1) We are currently very much under pressure to fix things in X4. This means that these accessibility features are not at the top of the list of things we can do anytime soon. So please be patient. Nevertheless I want to plan this out at least so we know what we can do in the future.

2) We are currently working on X4 predominantly. We may get a chance to also work on X3 again in the future but that is then even more in the future.

With this in mind it would be good if you or Zach five me a list of features you want. Just explain this very shortly and sort it by priority. It should not (yet) be indepth. We will get back to you with questions once we work on it.

Thanks for the video and for playing our games!

-Bernd

---
Best Regards

Bernd Lehahn, Managing Director

EGOSOFT GmbH, Heidestrasse 4, 52146 Würselen, Germany
Tel: +49 2405 4239970, www.egosoft.com
Geschäftsführer: Bernd Lehahn, Handelsregister Aachen HRB 13473

Datenschutzhinweis:
Ihre personenbezogenen Daten, die Sie uns im Rahmen einer Kontaktaufnahme zur Verfügung stellen, werden bei uns vertraulich und entsprechend unserer Datenschutzerklärung behandelt: http://www.egosoft.com/privacy_de.php
Privacy:
Any personal information you provide when contacting us will be kept confidential and processed according to our privacy policy: http://www.egosoft.com/privacy_en.php

On 28. Jan 2019, at 22:12, Darren Harris <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Bernd,

I just thought that I would send you a youtube link. The twitch stream was uploaded to youtube afterwards. The address is https://youtu.be/Q5ha-sZGo4E

From: Bernd Lehahn <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Bernd Lehahn
Sent: 27 January 2019 21:44
To: Darren Harris <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: hello bernd, please read the contents of this link. it's to do with accessibility for the x-series
Importance: High

Hi Darren,

thanks. I have asked some of our guys to watch.

-Bernd

---
Best Regards

Datenschutzhinweis:
Ihre personenbezogenen Daten, die Sie uns im Rahmen einer Kontaktaufnahme zur Verfügung stellen, werden bei uns vertraulich und entsprechend unserer Datenschutzerklärung behandelt: http://www.egosoft.com/privacy_de.php
Privacy:
Any personal information you provide when contacting us will be kept confidential and processed according to our privacy policy: http://www.egosoft.com/privacy_en.php

On 25. Jan 2019, at 18:06, Bernd Lehahn <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Darren,

I had a quick look and saw a lot of discussion but can not (quickly) figure out what exactly you would need from us?
If you have exact requirements ideally sorted by priority, then I can discuss with the right team members how much work these things are.

Sorry for not being more helpful immediately.

-Bernd

---
Best Regards

Datenschutzhinweis:
Privacy:

On 25. Jan 2019, at 13:44, Darren Harris <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Bernd,

I really need you to take a good look at this link. Remember around a year ago I emailed you with regards to making X accessible? Well it looks like someone on one of the audiogames forums that I’m on is actually doing it. If you could please read this link and maybe have some input into this then I would be so so greatful. It’s x3 they are doing it with but if you could please look at this and perhaps have some input then this would indeed be fantastic. This is not a virus or anything like that I guarantee you.
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2739 … -steroids/

many thanks