2019-02-11 22:19:49

Well, working on one doesn’t  preclude my checking out the other. There is a generous refund policy :-)

Thumbs up

2019-02-12 00:49:20

hi zac.

could you write a script to display the contents of the cargo bay of said ship? or of whatever ship of yours yu are trying to remotely control? i ask because certainly when it comes to the ships cargo bay that i'm currently flying i'm having varying degrees of success with the OCR. sometimes good other times not so good at all. so am wondering if you can do something about this? actually thinking about it would you be able to do a script that can handle with a hotkey any of the game screens? can something like that be done? whether it be a trade screen or some such other screen?

Thumbs up

2019-02-12 05:16:19 (edited by zkline 2019-02-12 06:16:24)

Okay, first of all,

I tried X4 today, and my computer isn't able to run it. Therefore, I probably can't do anything with it until I get a new machine, which is probably not going to be any time soon.

Daren, no, I cannot write a script to do something with hotkeys on any game screen. Script hotkeys are limited to when your ship is in space, and don't work in menus or other contexts.

I just started a new job this week, but I can write a cargo log easily enough. Until then, I recommend hitting ENter/I on the freight menu to find out what each item is.

Thumbs up

2019-02-12 13:37:12

oh i see. so is that why you can't get the trade system extention working properly? is there any way at all that trading system extentions can be made to work?

Thumbs up

2019-02-13 21:48:25

ok so now i finally got back to the place i was at last time in tc. i now have a murcury that is fully upgraded in terms of speed, rudder and cargo bay extension. so now i'm thinking of aiming at either a super dolfin or a factory of some kind. it's good to be back at this point because it opens up for me at least more flexibility because before i do stuff i like to have a fully extended cargo bay. it allows you eventually to control the local economy. to gain control of the local economy paves the way for you to place a factory where you create the demand.

Thumbs up

2019-02-14 02:25:16

zac i think i've noticed a bug in the trade script. i'm in herons nebula. i'm at the trading station there. it's not listing everything there that is for sale. are you getting this?

Thumbs up

2019-02-14 02:57:32

Daren,

The script bug you refer to is probably because some stations and equipment docks will buy items from your ship even if they aren't formally listed in the goods they will sell. I can probably get them to be listed separately but for the moment am very busy with my new job.

I will try to address X stuff on the weekend but can't promise anything else at the moment.

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 14:47:09

so is anybody still playing? i got my first factory am having slight issues setting it up but i'm slowly getting there.

Thumbs up