2019-02-06 23:37:36

Yeah. I was definitely thinking about that. Family has arrived back home lately so streaming is harder, but I'll have a poke at it and see if I can set something up for this weekend.

2019-02-06 23:40:40

right i see. what about that trade extention script can that be put up yet?

2019-02-06 23:45:32

yay my cargo bay is fully extended! now to raise more funds. so i wonder if the factory screen will work.

2019-02-07 22:33:30

so the state of play with my save as it stands. my cargo bay is fully extended now so too is rudder and engine optimisation. i really should sort the shields out on this thing and sort out a weapon for the rear turrit and the relevant software installed so it can defend itself. especially if i want it to become a remote trader. anything to keep the econamy interesting.

2019-02-07 23:58:30

hi all. I want to purchase this game, but im not sure: Is it game fully accessible for nvda? and can any make text or video tutorial how to play this game with nvda?

2019-02-08 00:02:38

zac is developing scripts to help with the accessibility. it's (slowly) getting there.

2019-02-08 13:42:07

so now i'm trying to get my ratings up a bit with the paranids. i'm doing this with trading. some stations won't let me dock so i've found a trade station in preasts pitty that will trade in meetstakes so i buy them in cloudbase south west and sell them in preasts pitty. it will help to bring the ratings up a little bit so i can trade more freely in paranid space.

2019-02-09 01:45:19 (edited by zkline 2019-02-09 02:21:15)

Please note the hotkey in this script only works with Albion Prelude.

Hi ALl,

It's taken longer than I'd like, but here is version 0.2 of my scripts. CHanges are below…

• The trade script now displays your remaining cargo space, and stocks of station wares. Note that it's possible for stocks to read a bit strangely for some items.

• The "moving map," script updates a list of objects every time you move into a new sector. See log file 250. Note that at the moment this only handles stationary objects, stations, asteroids and gates.

• There is a new hotkey to allow you to use the trade script on any station you can target in your current sector. NOte that this needs to be bound individually, which is a subject i need to write a guide for later.

As always, I'm happy to try and answer any questions or provide as much help as I can.

2019-02-09 02:19:32

nice one zac. i assume it's in the db folder that you set up? any chance you can get this working for tc as well?

2019-02-09 02:27:44

Daren,

Yeah, it's in the Dropbox folder.

I can try to find a way to make this work with both games, I'll have to do some digging and get back to the forum with a new script for compatibility.

2019-02-09 06:52:13

Hi.
So, an update for me for the multi lingual people out there who would like to play the game in their native language.
I found out that you can run two versions of the game side by side, you just need to set up the second instance up in the universe launcher as you did with the initial English version.
So add a new directory, point it to the other language version, set mode to modified and copy the scripts over.
You also don't need to worry about your saves, just backup your save before you launch the other language version for the first time because it will whipe the folder and create a new one, you can then put the original save file into the now empty saves folder again and continue, but this time in your native language.
Also, the trade script draws the cargo designations from the game, so you don't need to translate the cargo designations.
You can play without needing to copy around saves, just save normaly with the version you are playing with and continue with the other one if you want, save will be compatible.

As far as I know, the game is available in German, English, French, Italian, Check, Polish, Russian and two others I can't read, maybe cantonese and japanese, but I am not sure.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-02-09 08:45:53 (edited by zkline 2019-02-09 08:46:13)

Just a heads up, the sector map script has a bug I didn' identify until Simba pointed out to me.

It doesn't seem to work reliably when you undock. It's only reliable after you first go through a jump gate. I'm going to try and fix this tomorrow because it's annoying, but just wanted to pass this along.

2019-02-09 11:33:04

ok so assuming i wanted to restart by playing AP what do i have to do before hand. what about the scripts what do i do about those.

2019-02-09 18:46:47

There really is not a lot you need to do, since the save games are not compatible in any case. All you need to do is copy the Scripps to the ad on\scripts directory,  which is just in the main TC folder.  Make sure you’re saved games for aP are set to modified, with the same steps you took originally for TC. Other than that, you should be good to go. Just check in the AP folder for your logs, instead of the TC folder, in documents.

2019-02-10 12:29:47

Hi,
I have been keeping an eye on this for a while now and been wanting to play it too, I am hoping scripts make other asspects besides the trade accessible as well.
But here's a question and some news
The game is on sale along with the various packkages extentions etc which to be entirely honest are a tad bit confusing at about 75 60% off the origenal price, so if you like me were are on the fence, I say go and grab it its  cheap enough atm lol

@zkline and others, what or which package should I purchase? the single game that you've linked in the first post, the extentions as well or some other combination?
Like I said all the names andd packages are a bit confusing and I'd like the most accessible version of the game as possible.
Thanks
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-02-10 12:42:02

Hi again,
slight update
this seems to be the best price less than what it costs to purchase the single TC, you get AP TC and an addon to TC if I am reading it right. Correct me if I am wrong or if one or the other isn't playable
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-02-10 13:30:31

you want the x3 terran warpack. that includes x3tc and x3AP which i have now moved to subsequently because after talking with zac i believe the scripting side of it is somewhat easier to do and as such we'll make more progress.

2019-02-10 18:04:09

Yeah. The reality is that 95% of the scripts for TC will work with AP and vice versa. It's probably possible to write ones which will work with both without any trouble. There are mods for AP which give all the TC plot stuff, and AP comes with a bunch of little improvements on top of it.

I've been talking to people on the Egosoft forums and on Reddit about ways for us to handle combat, which is one of the other big parts of the game. There are a few methods, a lot is already provided in the game itself or via third-party mods.

I'll try to stream at some point early next week, if I can get some quiet time, and include info about combat among other things. The other major area I need to work on is factory production, which is a mid-to-late game stage.

2019-02-10 18:18:04

zac i can get to a factory stage within a couple days. it;s quite easy really if you focus totally on that. however if like me you want to get the cargo bay extended then it takes a little longer.

2019-02-10 18:24:12

hmmm i need the plugin manager i'm on a different machine. it;s not on pg1?

2019-02-10 18:32:12

Daren,

FIxed, it's now in post one. You can grab it from the Dropbox here

2019-02-10 18:34:30

thanks zac.

2019-02-11 17:36:40

hi, is x4 foundations playable like this game too?

2019-02-11 18:03:21

Unfortunately, I think that Foundations is probably not playable, given some of the changes they have made. I am more than willing to try it at some point and be proven wrong, but I am a little bit skeptical.

2019-02-11 21:42:27

well before we go trying x4 lets continue on with x3 first. that's been a good work in progress so far. would be sad to stop that now.