2019-02-03 19:48:30

and you are doing a wonderful job. i've found a little resource that might help somewhat with station and wears searches. take a look and see what you think and if it's worth adding. https://eng.x3tc.net/x3_tc_map/factory-list.php

2019-02-03 19:48:45

How do you switch ships if you bought a second one?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-02-03 19:51:40 (edited by zkline 2019-02-03 19:52:10)

TechMaster 20, if you can get both ships to dock at the same station, you can open up the landed ships menu and hit "x." I don't remember offhand if you do it on the one you're currently in or on the new one, but I suspect the latter.

There are alternatives, such as using EVA, though that isn't very accessible for us, and using a teleportation device, though that's expensive. YOu could even theoretically order a ship to pick you up once you've ejected with the right software.

Darren, thanks for the resource. Will give ita  look.

2019-02-03 20:19:03

no problem zac. any way i can help.
i think somehow in finally getting my seta to 1000% i may have messed up my gravitar range. is there a way i can check this and change it to the max of what it should be?

2019-02-03 20:26:27

Darren, the gravitar range is in gameplay options, but I don't think it reads particularly well with OCR nor does it have a script command. It shouldn't impact what you're able to target, as far as I'm aware, but if it does, the only suggestion I can give is to use something like BeMy EYes to set it back to "auto," where it is by default.

2019-02-03 20:38:49

right i see. ok fair enough.

2019-02-04 01:31:05

so i'm going to start again. i've messed up a few settings and am not sure how to get them back. no worry i know what am doing this time. i'll soon reclaim what i wanted. also somehow i managed to screw up my paranoid oops i mean paranid rating. it went down to unholy nomad. not bad for a murcury lol. so yes i'm going to start again. i went cruising through nid space landing everywhere trying to map the place out but after a while they didn't seem to want to let me dock.

2019-02-04 12:23:55

so for any of you people playing x3, could you help me convert the audio tracks in the soundtracs folder to wma? i do not know how you do it.

2019-02-04 18:26:57

ok finally i managed to do it. so the sound files i wanted to have play propperly i've finally managed to do it through audacity. lol it's a bit quirky but i got there in the end.

2019-02-04 21:47:08

Darren,

Glad you figured that out, as I haven't messed with audio conversion in a long while.

I'm a bit busier than I expected with real life stuff lately, but I discovered this morning that the autopilot commands work even while you're piloting your spacesuit. It's possible for us to make  repairs and capture ships without getting stranded outside. This is a minor thing, but still worth knowing.

2019-02-04 23:24:32

so when we go EVA we can use autopilot? that's useful to know.
yes using audacity i managed to sort those files out.
no problem about real life. so will we get some more scripts this week? i wonder who will get to factories first.

2019-02-05 19:30:21 (edited by zkline 2019-02-05 20:13:44)

Well, I installed the Albion Prelude last night, just because it was on sale. The plugin manager seems to have obliterated some of my save games for reasons I don't understand, so I'm going to probably restart. HOpefully I'll be able to make better progress this time around.

The Prelude apparently has a lot of quality of life improvements, including the Move to COordinates mod included as standard, so that's something. Still, I'll probably stick to TC for now.

2019-02-05 20:11:24

well when i downloaded the game from gog.com it got them both. i haven't tried it though. lol do you want my save game? i've fully optimised my engines on the murcury and rudder i'm now doing the cargo bay.

2019-02-06 03:04:01

Hi Daren,

IF you're willing to send a save game I'd appreciate it. I was trying to mess with he Bankrupt assassin today and discovered that it's easy to accidentally disable your autopilot, and basically just sit there while other ships blow you apart. Unfortunately, things here have been busier than expected, I'd hope to get a stream and/or scripts out, hopefully later this week..

Sorry for the delays.

2019-02-06 12:02:46

how about creating a dropbox folder purely for x related stuff and sharing it? all scripts and if necessary savegames can go in there as well. yes am willing to shair of course.

2019-02-06 20:09:45

Daren and all,

That sounds like a good idea. I've got an X3TC shared folder and am willing to invite anyone interested. At the moment it just has the scripts i've publically shared so far and the move to coordinates mod.

Best,
Zack.

2019-02-06 20:13:15

ok add me to it zac [email protected]. we may want to have a scripts folder in there and a savegame folder in there to stop it from being cluttered. like i say i'm willing to share my savegame. i havent bought anything like the trade extention yet as there's no point in me doing so not yet as it doesn't work yet.

2019-02-06 21:10:09

thanks zac i just accepted the folder and put my very latest savegame in it. i'm sitting in a cahoona bakery in cloudbase south west. what i did was to put an extra folder in there called darren's savegames because if others want to share their savegames as well then it just saves confusion.

2019-02-06 21:31:55

ALl right.

ONe thing I have to recommend in general is best buy/sell software. It's possible to use this either manually or remotely, though I haven't messed with the latter myself. If you use it you can pretty much make money without worrying about checking prices all that often, as it does all that work for you.

2019-02-06 22:11:27

it's funny because i never did use that even when i could see so i'd be interested as to how you do that yourself. hope you like the save game. there's quite a bit of work to do on the cargo bay but it's certainly getting there. look forward to another stream and more scripts.

2019-02-06 22:42:08 (edited by zkline 2019-02-06 22:54:23)

Hi ALl,

So one question I've been struggling with a bit lately is whether to stick to modifying Terran COnflict or to work on the expansion, Albion PRelude. THey're mostly compatible, but a few weird issues in hotkeys and other things make scripting for AP slightly easier.

Furthermore, there are some quality of lifeimprovements in AP. The general advice I see ranges from "play AP after you've played a lot of TC," to "don't bother with TC at all, things are done a lot better in AP." I'm honestly not sure which side of things I fall on myself.

Granted, AP is another purchase, but it seems that most people bought the War Pack bundle, which combines the two anyway. FOr scripts to work in AP you just need to put them in the Addon\scripts folder instead of the main Scripts folder in the X3Tc directory.

Edit: ONe thing I forgot, there is a mod that allows you to see all the Terran COnflict "plot," content in AP, if you care about that. I personally don't really, but it's a personal choice. THere are also some larger, more intense mods for AP with their own installation processes.

ANy thoughts from folks at large?

2019-02-06 23:09:47

well i've never played AP so i don't really know what to think tbh. i'm happy either way really. it depends on what you think is easier in the long run. i don't mind really.

2019-02-06 23:19:39

the only thing i will say is that we have no scripts at all for AP to even make the game a little accessible. so if you decide to go that route you'd need to do some scripting first before others started to play it. maybe that would factor into your decision because you've already done work on stuff to do with tc.

2019-02-06 23:22:41

Yeah, I should point out that 95% of the Scripps I write will probably work with either game. I think the trade log script certainly will. The biggest differences are a few new commands, and quality of life stuff for hot keys and such built-in.  It won’t be a big effort either way. I’m leaning towards making the move, if only because certain things, like creating and registering hotkeys, are easier in the latter than the former.   I should note that regardless of which I choose, you will still have to pick your own keys, as I can’t give you defaults.

2019-02-06 23:33:22

so in that case could you do a stream or something or otherwise talk people through how to assign the hotkeys whether it be in tc or AP?