2019-01-19 21:44:28

Do you like chatting on Skype? Are you a competitive spirit? Are you a fan of professional competitive motor sports? Are your four favorite words, "Drivers, start your engines"? If so, you've came to the right place!

My name is Paul Tandy, and I am a huge NASCAR fan. Much like Dale Earnhardt, Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson, and so many others, I have the overwhelming desire to win. With this in mind, some friends and I from all over America have modified the very popular game, Top speed 3. At this time, the default cars are still the same, but the tracks, sounds, and racing on a week to week basis is completely different.

The top speed 3 video game comes with its default racetracks. While these tracks are fun, I have developed to the best of my ability tracks that resemble NASCAR courses. From the short tracks of Richmond and Bristol, to the long tracks of Daytona and Talladega, not to mention the road courses like Watkins glen and Sonoma, and of course the mile and mile and a half racetracks, every competitor will no doubt have a favorite track on the circuit.

Currently, the Top Speed 3 server only allows eight people to connect at one time. While this has provided certainly some frustration, it has also allowed the competitive spirit to expand. Rather than having just one field of drivers, there are three fields that you can compete in at this time. They are the NASCAR truck series, the NASCAR Busch series, and the NASCAR Winston cup!

The NASCAR Winston cup drivers are drivers that are most advanced in the game. This means that they compete the most. The NASCAR Busch series drivers compete the second most out of the year and have some experience with the game. The NASCAR Busch races aren't nearly as long as the Winston cup events, so if you're a competitive driver, but don't have a lot of time on your hands, this series may be for you.

The NASCAR truck series is either for drivers that don't have experience at all with the game or do not have a lot of time to spend competing. These drivers will race with the built-in pick up truck, and will race the least out of all three series throughout the year. Don't get me wrong. Racing cars is fun, but racing trucks is certainly a thrill.

If there is not a lot of interest in competing and we have less than eight drivers total, you may automatically qualify to be in the Winston cup! But don't be intimidated, there will be plenty of time to practice.

So how do the points work. As eight drivers can only compete at one time, the first place winner of an event will always receive eight points. The 2nd place driver will receive 7, 3rd will receive six, etc, etc. Whoever has the most points when the season ends, will be the NASCAR champion of that series. They will also win a model 1/24 car of the driver and car they have been symbolizing for the past year of racing.

If you are at all interested, or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via the contact information below. Don't miss out on some great friendships and rivalries, and we will see you in February at the Daytona international speedway.

2019-01-19 22:42:11

where's the link?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-01-19 23:09:05

You can find the original game at: playinginthedark.net at the top speed 3 link. To get the modifications, please email me or Skype me at: brlcents with the subject racing.

2019-01-19 23:22:56

Hello,
I am interested, however I cannot send you a forum email due to the forum giving a cloudflare error. Can you share the email address, by replacing the @ sighn with at?
Thank you.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-01-19 23:26:30

To email me send an email to [email protected] or blindaudio at gmail.com

2019-01-20 01:09:02

Is it necessary to use Skype for the championship?

2019-01-20 01:31:50 (edited by defender 2019-01-20 01:33:59)

This seems quite cool, I think the reward is fun too.
I just don't really understand why I'd be punished by only being able to play with the trucks, just because I can't meet the schedule requirements for what ever reason.
I understand that your trying to model this closely to real nascar ranks, but IMO this just makes it less fun, especially since you don't have more trucks.
If only servers let you use custom vehicles, since you only have so many default slots to mod...

2019-01-20 07:42:59

Well, in terms of the trucks, I'm always open to suggestions. Honestly, there hasn't been enough interest to where I have had any suggestions on racing the NASCAR truck series. Truthfully, I haven't even made anything for the truck series as I haven't had to do it yet, but when I do, I'll have to produce it from scratch, just as I did the Winston cup! It all depends on interest in competing, if that makes sense.

You don't have to be on Skype to race with us, but that is the primary way I send out the modifications to the sounds, tracks, etc, etc.

If you are interested, add me to Skype at brlcents with an introduction message that mentions racing so I know you're interested.

2019-01-20 20:45:39

racefan I just shot you an email

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos