2019-01-16 03:50:55

As a worning to anyone that comes along and reads this topic, I and others make dig deep into the subject matter. Maybe deeper than you want to. Anyway, I have been playing with the zunspot kit I got this pass December. This is basicly a radio board mounted to a raspberry pi. It basicly gives me digital access to what is known on the internet as chat rooms. Also last year, someone had bought me a Kenwood TH-d74a. anyway, playing around with these two things, I kind of got to wondering if there are any digital radio scanners  out that is usuable by the blind? The ICR30 has gotten my interest per say, but the lack of DMR and trunking among one or two other things kind of is a disappointment. Of course, this blog post sort of explains some of the modes that is being used on Amateur Radio here in the US. To say that I would like to here some of these modes in use is a bit of a understatement and to try out a lot of these modes for my own personal use would be a plus, to me. Hope I am not come off as crazy or as someone spamming the form.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2019-01-16 04:33:47 (edited by magurp244 2019-01-16 04:35:55)

I came across [RTL-SDR] awhile ago when digging for info on radio telescopes, being a 25$ USB radio scanner dongle. They mention a few others like the [Airspy] for 169$, [SDRPlay] for 99$, and the [HackRF] for 300$. I can't really comment on how accessible they are, or the software to use them is though, but there seems to be some command line tools available.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-01-16 05:01:50

I own an Airspy-R2. I got it for FM DXing a couple years ago. In my experience, the best software to use with SDRs is HDSDR. Most of the functions have keyboard shortcuts.

If you pair an SDR with a programlike DSD+, you can decode DMR along with many other digital modes. Unfortunately, HDSDR doesn't have any way to scan a range of frequencies as far as I know. There is a plugin for SDR# that will, but that program is mostly inaccessible. There are a couple programs that have trunking features if your SDR has the spectrum, but I haven't had much luck with them. Granted, I haven't messed with them much either.

2019-01-17 03:02:23

I will take a look at the radios and software and the like posted here. The modes I am currently interesting in are DMR, NXDN, DStar, P25 (both phase one and phase two) , and system Fusion Wires-X. Of course, I am interested into trunking systems. If the post here is anything to go by, a SDR radio would be my best option for what I am interested in. Here is a net if anyone wishes to hear how a one of the digital modes sounds like per say.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral