2019-01-15 02:36:24 (edited by Chris 2019-01-15 02:57:20)

Hello all,

I received my 2016 model Pixel a couple of days ago and love it. The only issue I've encountered is rapid battery drain which appears to be caused by Android Pie. I've downgraded to 8.1.0 Orio using the factory image and it appears to solve the issue.

What Android apps do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a better onscreen keyboard. I hate the touch type keyboard that it comes with. Can I get one that behaves more like the standard typing mode of the iOS keyboard where you find a letter and double tap to activate it? Are there any useful fingerprint apps I should get? How about games? I have Audio Archery, Dice World, and Race Together which I can't figure out. i'll also install that NVDA Remote app.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-01-15 04:09:08 (edited by queenslight 2019-01-15 04:13:52)

The only keyboard which I know of, that has "double-tap" on it (which isn't built-in like the Samsungs and the LGs,)
is the "Blind Accessibility Keyboard":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … p;hl=en_US
, which is 4.99 USD and has 4.4 stars in the play store.

Updated
August 4, 2018
Size
9.6M
Installs
1,000+
Current Version
Requires Android
4.0 and up
Content Rating
Everyone

2019-01-15 10:23:01

It really depends on what you want to do with your phone. There is a "fingerprint mapper" app, but bear in mind that setting up some gestures come at a price of making your reader slower. There is also app named Tasker which can help you automate some stuff on your device, like for example turning your wi-fi when not at home and things like that. However, it's paid.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-01-15 10:59:54

You could try out [The vOICe for Android], there's a guide on it [here]. The android verison comes with OCR, Color ID, Compass, GPS Locator, Face Detection, and a few other interesting things. Or there's always the web based version [here].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-01-16 19:44:21

I'll have to check out Tasker. It sounds really neat!

Is there an app that can launch applications with different fingerprints? I want to launch a different app with each finger.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.