2019-01-13 01:56:09

Okay so here's my problem.  WHen I type m.facebook.com in my start menu, it wants to open facebook.com.  when I type google.com, it wants to open chrome instead of the website.    Any other websites I type in works just fine for me, so I am wondering is there some kind of setting I can change, or clear some form of history to fix this?  ANy suggestions?

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-01-13 06:43:18

You really don't want to be doing it that way. If you really want to launch sites, do it from the run dialog. The only issue is its really only going to recognize them if you put www. or http:// in front, so you can use the browser and type the site as you would into the address bar which passes it as an command line argument and it will launch to that site. If you're typing stuff in the start menu, you're exposing yourself to a lot of unneeded filtering and that will slow you down as the system lags to try to find things as you type.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-13 06:47:57

I never had that issue.    I also use edge deflecter to launch Chrome out of my start menu as well, seeing as I don't really use Edge.  I probably would have but the way they announce stuff and some things labeled are different, like the "More Options" button on FB is spelled out as you navigate through it, and  that they mention heading levels before the content, etc.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel